How Many Rounds Do You Need?

fupresti

Former Big Deal
Reaction score
Handicap
Marriage
How many rounds in a year do you believe you need to remain at the same level you are currently?

How many rounds in a year do you believe you need to improve your overall score?

How many rounds in a year do you believe you need to remain at the same level you are currently?

How many rounds in a year do you believe you need to improve and improve your overall score?

Twenty-Five.
I prefer 52.

1-Im Bad
35 with lessons

How many rounds in a year do you believe you need to improve your overall score?
For me it is more than just rounds. Regular practice - one or two times a week - matters at least as much.

Hmm...I'm kind of in unchartered waters for myself right now. To stay the same somewhere in the 20's. To improve again I'd think another year in the 30's or 40's.

AN Im proof that more golf doesnt mean better scores

I would guess around 35.

I think lessons would be awesome and improvement would come much quicker but I have never been able to sacrifice the rounds I know I would have to, to take lessons.

The answer to both is "just one more."

~Rock

I think I can maintain and improve with the same number of rounds. Practicing during the week helps with both for me. I dropped 5 strokes on my hdcp this year with around 30 rds. The previous few years were in the 20-30 rounds a year.

The answer to both would be about 100. To improve my overall score, I need to supplement the rounds with more practice.

25 to maintain

40 + practice to improve

I'd say about half of what I did last year: 25-30 rounds.

More than 70 to get better...I think. Less if I take lessons.

I feel like I'm losing touch with my swing if I'm not at least hitting balls every other week and walking 9 holes, so I'm going to say I need about 18-20 rounds to keep my game where it's at. I think I got about 20 in 2015.

In 2014 I played about 50 rounds of golf, plus lots of range time. I think if I could get that consistently, I'd get to single-digits inside of two years. But even then, I'm not sure I'd have a handicap that traveled terribly well because circumstances would probably just have me grinding away at the same two or three courses.

How many rounds? 35-40 I would say. Even more importantly is just hitting a golf ball every 5 days to keep the good vibes going.

To improve I would say 50-55 but also just as important as identifying faults and having focused sessions to work on those rather than just beating a ball around the course doing the same "wrong".

I'm averaging around 12 rounds a year for handicap purposes. That's not nearly enough to be consistent. To maintain skills, I'd say 24 rounds a year minimum along with ample practice, particularly short game practice. What fails for me with so little play is my ability on approach shots to the green.

For me to improve, I'd need to play once a week. I'm talking about improving from my current 17 hcp for reference.

I'm not playing good right now, ha! Once a month to stay at this level. At least 4 rounds a month to get back to where I'd like to be.

To remain at my same cap, I'd say 25 or so. I usually hit balls at least once a week or so which keeps me OK even if I'm not playing rounds.

To get better though (which is my goal), I think I need to up the ante and get close to 50. I want to get down around 10 or better, and the things that are going to do that for me are on course play and following that, focused practice on the issues I identify on the course.

How many rounds in a year do you believe you need to remain at the same level you are currently? I need to swing a club meaningfully at least once a week in order to maintain my current level of play. In terms of rounds I would say at least 15 rounds

How many rounds in a year do you believe you need to improve your overall score? In order to improve I would need 30 rounds at a course with a rating higher than 73 and greens running higher than 10 on the stimp.

30 rounds to maintain same to improve would just have to add in some range time and practice short game more.

I would say 25 rounds to hold my current cap. I would like to double that to see a significant cap reduction. The biggest issue is the winter layoff in western NY. I putt a lot but don't hit balls very often and the rust happens pretty quickly.

4-5 rounds a week and 5-10 hours practice and I am confident that I can break par fairly often and almost always under 80

Just 1 round a month to maintain. To improve I'd say double that, plus practice. Doubling it without practice and I wouldn't see much change.

I was averaging about 40 handicap rounds until my first kid. Then it dropped to 7 that year. My cap only fell from 12 to about 14 that year (although, when you only post 7 rounds in a year your handicap is based more so off the previous year). Last year I got in 20 handicap rounds and spent sometime practicing to get back to a 12. My goal is drop it another 2 with about the same number of rounds but more consistent practice (at least once a week).

I need 30 rounds to maintain, 60 rounds to improve.

AN Im proof that more golf doesnt mean better scores

Have to agree with this. My handicap is slightly higher at 160 rounds per year than it was at 60 rounds per year.

Back