2015 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whey protein shakes made with water, not milk as meal replacement?

Thoughts?

Depends. I would say it would be more of a snack depending on calories. I have a protein shake (200 calories) and a piece for fruit post workout for breakfast.

I would recommend trying to stay somewhere around 20% less MAX than your TDEE. Google TDEE calculator to figure out how many calories you burn a day and then subtract 10-20% of that and it gives you a good idea of how many calories you should be shooting for on a daily basis

That is completely subjective.
I personally am not a fan of shakes as a meal replacement but rather as a supplement between meals. I use water. If you want it for a true MP I would say add some 2 percent milk to it

Whey protein shakes made with water, not milk as meal replacement?

Thoughts?

Thanks fellas! I know they are pretty large shakes, I fill a shaker bottle (30 oz?) and I know The protein helps give me a full feeling.

I have started this a couple days ago, drinking one in the morning, and one 20-30 minutes before dinner.
Allowing me to eat smaller dinner portions for dinner.

Now my diet is not what I would call good, so I also take a multivitamin.

I figure any little bit helps!
I am working on incorporating more fruits and veggies into my diet as well.

One of my best habits for eating better is on the weekends to grill extra chicken breasts to save for the week ahead. They can be used to quickly make sandwiches, salads, wraps, etc...
Today, I grabbed one before I left the house and combined it with a salad mix, some low calorie dressing, small bit of cheese. The salad was very filling and only 10 WW points...could have made it more like 8 if I wanted to by cutting back on cheese and dressing some.

Eating salads at restaurants is hard b/c its hard to find a good option for dressing, and they add croutons and other junk.

I bet some of you guys eat more WW points in 2 meals than I get in an entire day. Josh gets close to twice as many as me...not cool.

I bet some of you guys eat more WW points in 2 meals than I get in an entire day. Josh gets close to twice as many as me...not cool.

My wife occasionally will bring this up when we've eaten most of our meals together, and she'll ask how many calories I have left. I think I get about 700 more per day than she has, so I end up having something like a sandwich midday as a snack.

My wife occasionally will bring this up when we've eaten most of our meals together, and she'll ask how many calories I have left. I think I get about 700 more per day than she has, so I end up having something like a sandwich midday as a snack.
It's so annoying. JB will tell me I haven't eaten enough and I have to remind him I get half the amount allowed that he does. I understand why, but I don't have to like it.

The Mrs has that problem as well. I get around it by adding calories to my portion of our meal in different ways. Whole milk instead of 1%, etc.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

One of my best habits for eating better is on the weekends to grill extra chicken breasts to save for the week ahead. They can be used to quickly make sandwiches, salads, wraps, etc...
Today, I grabbed one before I left the house and combined it with a salad mix, some low calorie dressing, small bit of cheese. The salad was very filling and only 10 WW points...could have made it more like 8 if I wanted to by cutting back on cheese and dressing some.

Eating salads at restaurants is hard b/c its hard to find a good option for dressing, and they add croutons and other junk.

Grocery store rotisserie chickens are also awesome to use - break them down, use them in salads, or just heat up a package of frozen vegetables to have with chicken. Filling, not expensive, and fits in with most of the nutrition strategies out there.

I love the crock pot. I made Thai peanut chicken and it will last me almost all week, plus it is incredible and healthy.

Man this thing looks incredible. It is unfortunate that the price point is so high, but this takes fitbit/activity tracking to a whole new level.

Man this thing looks incredible. It is unfortunate that the price point is so high, but this takes fitbit/activity tracking to a whole new level.

Freakin ridiculous looking, but what do you put the O/U on this, 399?

Mr Big Data is always watching. :alien: :bulgy-eyes:

With scale, upwards of 500 U$D.
Freakin ridiculous looking, but what do you put the O/U on this, 399?

2015 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

I've kinda made it a personal goal to eat 3-5 under my WW each day. I fill my breakfast, lunch and dinner with free foods such as fruits and veggies.

I don't really forsee eating a snack that's gonna cost me 7-10 points when I could just eat a veggie or something. I managed to somehow finish today with 10 extra points including the 8 I earned at the gym. So really, 18 extra! Although the 8 goes towards my 21 weekly fitness goal. A good day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My basic meal plans are:

For breakfast I have a breakfast burrito made with eggs and turkey sausage on a whole wheat tortilla or a peanut butter and banana sandwich on wheat toast.

Morning snack will be a granola bar, piece of fruit, or cheese stick and afternoon snack will be low fat Greek yogurt.

Lunch will be a couple of slices of low fat ham or turkey breast, maybe an apple, and some almonds or peanuts.

Supper will be a more balanced meal with a good protein, vegetables, and some carbs eaten after I spend some time on the elliptical and my metabolism is still high.

Gotta get back to only drinking water for every meal and maybe a Monster with zero carbs ands sugars for a boost when I need it.

This has always worked for me and I feel great with a lot of energy when I put the work in to do it, but life gets busy and I get sidetracked. Been on it this week and hopefully by the end of next week my energy level will be back up a little and I'll be down a few lbs.

Another orange theory class done, and 707 calories burned. I am still the worst person in the class, but I am there and I am pushing myself so that's all that matters.

Next week will be hard because JB and I have some traveling to do in some really good food areas, but even if I fall for one week,I will get right back up. I am on a year long journey to see where I can go with this weight loss thing. Before I would try unrealistic one month goals, this time I am doing it for an entire year. So we will see how it goes.

Day 3 of the 24 day cleanse. I don't expect to lose near the weight I lost last time because I have already lost so much, but it has really helped me get back on the wagon after the holidays and gaining 2 pounds.

Day 3 of the 24 day cleanse. I don't expect to lose near the weight I lost last time because I have already lost so much, but it has really helped me get back on the wagon after the holidays and gaining 2 pounds.

is this that AdvoCare thing?

The commitment GG has for this is just awesome and is making it way easier for me.

is this that AdvoCare thing?

Yessir. Lost 20 pounds on it the first time, hoping for 8-10 this time. One of my best friends wanted to do it, and he wanted an accountability partner, so I volunteered to do it. I am unsure how effective it is supplement wise, but it cuts out refined carbs, dairy, alcohol, coffee, etc. for 24 days, and encourages working out, for me it forces me to be accountable for my food choices so as to feel I am not wasting the $$.

What I will say is that Spark stuff (pre-workout/energy drink mix) whatever you want to call it.. Works and it tastes pretty darn good too

My basic meal plans are:

For breakfast I have a breakfast burrito made with eggs and turkey sausage on a whole wheat tortilla or a peanut butter and banana sandwich on wheat toast.

Morning snack will be a granola bar, piece of fruit, or cheese stick and afternoon snack will be low fat Greek yogurt.

Lunch will be a couple of slices of low fat ham or turkey breast, maybe an apple, and some almonds or peanuts.

Supper will be a more balanced meal with a good protein, vegetables, and some carbs eaten after I spend some time on the elliptical and my metabolism is still high.

Gotta get back to only drinking water for every meal and maybe a Monster with zero carbs ands sugars for a boost when I need it.

This has always worked for me and I feel great with a lot of energy when I put the work in to do it, but life gets busy and I get sidetracked. Been on it this week and hopefully by the end of next week my energy level will be back up a little and I'll be down a few lbs.

Be careful with the granola bars. They tend to be loaded with sugar.

The commitment GG has for this is just awesome and is making it way easier for me.

so much easier with someone to go through it with you. Thankfully, Nerfny has done the same when it comes to meals. Unless we eat out, then she gets something that I want and won't order.

Yessir. Lost 20 pounds on it the first time, hoping for 8-10 this time. One of my best friends wanted to do it, and he wanted an accountability partner, so I volunteered to do it. I am unsure how effective it is supplement wise, but it cuts out refined carbs, dairy, alcohol, coffee, etc. for 24 days, and encourages working out, for me it forces me to be accountable for my food choices so as to feel I am not wasting the $$.

What I will say is that Spark stuff (pre-workout/energy drink mix) whatever you want to call it.. Works and it tastes pretty darn good too

A lady I work with, she was telling me her husband is going to be trying it starting this weekend. Cutting coffee would be hard for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back