2015 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here, I would have been screwed if I couldn't eat fruit. I just bought a bag of mandarin oranges, ambrosia apples and picked up a couple of mangoes since they were on sale.

Its what killed me on Atkins in the end every time. I can handle giving up candy and stuff (now, Ice Cream is TOUGH for me) but the fruit was always most brutal.

Its what killed me on Atkins in the end every time. I can handle giving up candy and stuff (now, Ice Cream is TOUGH for me) but the fruit was always most brutal.

I actually don't even like candy, but I do like chocolate, and cakes, and cookies and pie and basically all delicious things found in a bakery. Except puff pastry, that's just stupid, I asked for something sweet not gross flaky dough.

Who knew there were so many fruit lovers on THP? you guys are rocks, probably why you all weigh much less than my bread-loving self. :banana:
My idea of splurging is a big buttery biscuit with some honey, or garlic breadsticks. God i love bread.

Who knew there were so many fruit lovers on THP? you guys are rocks, probably why you all weigh much less than my bread-loving self. :banana:
My idea of splurging is a big buttery biscuit with some honey, or garlic breadsticks. God i love bread.

Don't get me wrong, I am a carbaholic, I love bread and pasta, but I can eat that in moderation. For me it's sweets, like cakes and cookies, they are in my veins. That's why fruit is so important, because it gives me the sweet fix I need. I have loved fruits and veggies since I was old enough to chew them.

WW 0 fruits are great, and add in a small amount of PB to an apple or non-fat Greek yogurt with strawberries and blueberries always curbs my sweet tooth.

Today's lunch consisted of progressive light chicken & dumpling soup (it's 20 degrees here) a toasted bagel thin (3 pts) and a small salad with all veggies and oil/vinegar dressing.

My first week back I plan on getting my food planning right and back on my tracking. Next week begins workouts at PF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I guess I'm going to jump in here, I got back on the elliptical for the first time in a year and a half tonight and along with that comes the healthy eating again. Been making way too many unhealthy eating choices for about the last six months and its cost me about 20 lbs. So I want to lose that and probably another 10-15, gotta start out with limiting portions and cutting simple carbs almost completely, I have a thing with oatmeal raisin Clif bars. I'm hoping I can lose the first ten lbs. by the end of the month, it's usually the easiest. Then I'll reevaluate and set a new goal for February when the time comes.

Just a little background about me. I currently sit at 250 lbs. but I have weighed more in the past. I'm around 6'2" and am just a big guy, I feel really great at around the 215-220 lb range and that's what I want to get back to. That gets me back to an athletic build and in really good shape so that I can start walking my rounds when the weather breaks this spring and maybe I can get down to the 200-210 range that I haven't seen in ten years.

So, as a "healthier choice", I have been eating a Greek yogurt at lunch every day. Didn't realize, but quite possibly since I started this I have been having some issues. Over holidays, I wasn't eating them at lunch, and the issues went away. Started 2 days ago, and things have started up again.

Really thinking I need to stay away from them. Taste great, but the other effects I have been encountering just aren't worth it. Somewhat curious if I just have a food aversion to them.

Still up a couple lbs since before Christmas, but am eating healthier overall.

Love that my overnight oats are still OK now that I'm doing WW.

I am not real familiar with WW points, but did I see here that a banana is zero points?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I am not real familiar with WW points, but did I see here that a banana is zero points?

Yes, that's correct. All fruits and vegetables are 0 to my knowledge. Important to note that means plain. Any thing they are cooked with such as oil, spray, butter, etc...can add points. At restaurants like Longhorn you can often ask for veggies to be steamed, vs. cooking them in butter which defeats the purpose.

Yessir.

Banana, fresh pineapple, and grapes are my go to's.

Dude fresh pineapple ftw. Maybe my favorite fruit
So dangerous though, I could eat a whole pineapple in one sitting I think... That would defeat the purpose hahahaha

Determined to come out of the holidays eating better - made all of my lunches ahead of time this week, which makes a huge difference. Definitely going back to using MyFitnessPal and food journaling. I had gotten off track there, and I've found that makes the biggest difference for me. So much harder to get off track if you're putting everything in.

I have a weight watchers recipe pot roast is in the crock pot. I browned the meat all on sides and sauteed some onions and garlic before adding them to the crock pot and now the house smells amazing. I made some modification because I can never leave a recipe as is so I added a bit more garlic because I believe you can never have enough garlic, some additional seasoning (a few dried herbs) and some extra veggies, because I figured it can't hurt to have more veggies.

I will know in about 8 hours how it tastes.

Has anyone tried Sugar Free/Calorie Free Syrup? Seeing a lot about the Walden Farms variety.

I am going to try some protein pancakes I think to mix up my morning routine, and so I was obviously curious about this syrup and if it is worth a darn.

Has anyone tried Sugar Free/Calorie Free Syrup? Seeing a lot about the Walden Farms variety.

I am going to try some protein pancakes I think to mix up my morning routine, and so I was obviously curious about this syrup and if it is worth a darn.

Walden Farms products are fantastic.
Assuming you want Taste Free included in that list of other "free" things.

****ing absymal products that are downright awful and taste like either the bottle they came in or chemicals.

I have tried a few things from Walden Farms since they sell them in Publix. I have yet to find anything I liked.

As far as protein pancakes go though, those are great. They aren't a real pancake, but they certainly fill that craving and they are pretty filling. If you make some, post up the recipe I always love trying new versions.

****ing absymal products that are downright awful and taste like either the bottle they came in or chemicals.

Haha, well this is far more harsh than I was going to say, but he's right they are not good.

Did you ever try that Arctic Zero "Ice cream"? If so, think that....they might as well be made from the same people.

The Walden syrup is disgusting.

Just get sugar free Mrs. Buttersworth or the likes, its pretty good on protein pancakes and not many cals.

I have tried a few things from Walden Farms since they sell them in Publix. I have yet to find anything I liked.

As far as protein pancakes go though, those are great. They aren't a real pancake, but they certainly fill that craving and they are pretty filling. If you make some, post up the recipe I always love trying new versions.

Haha, well this is far more harsh than I was going to say, but he's right they are not good.

Did you ever try that Arctic Zero "Ice cream"? If so, think that....they might as well be made from the same people.

Just get sugar free Mrs. Buttersworth or the likes, its pretty good on protein pancakes and not many cals.

Thank you guys! Just saved me the experiment. I think I will just try the sugar free.

GG I will be sure to post up a recipe that I try!

Truth! That's what I use too.

I also like weird things like cottage cheese with thinly sliced apple and a sprinkle of cinnamon in place of syrup. Sounds gross, and I am sure to most it is, but I like it.

So my doctor and I looked over my charts for the past 8 years. I and 25lb heavier than I was this time in 2008. I now have a new goal and that is 2008 weight. I must have looked good, I landed the wife.

Whey protein shakes made with water, not milk as meal replacement?

Thoughts?

Nice :)
Rather interesting considering the carb content of a banana but I know WW has worked for millions so they know what they are doing :)

Yessir.

Banana, fresh pineapple, and grapes are my go to's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back