2015 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My new heaven for all you PB2 lovers. So much better - tastes like actual PB and doesn't have the chalky taste that I felt PB2 does. 100cal for 2tbs which equals 3 WW points

e76f7c836d6db656b279aa4d126ac8e5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love that stuff! So good.

Grabbed it one day to give it a try and was hooked!

He has absolutely inspired me man. I have about 30 pounds to go, and whenever I come in here and see his posts it motivates me to keep going. It is incredible.

the only motivation you need is to know how good you are going to feel. hang in there and stay with it, you body and mind will thank you....I know!

well, I did it 2 days late. 240 pounds this morning, total weight loss of 160 pounds since March 5th 2015....so far...lol.

Fell great, health is very good, golf game improving, new wardrobe, just to name a few of the benefits!!!!

May be looking to lose a few more pounds, then hit the gym hard to put back some muscle mass I have lost along the way.

Looking forward to a much leaner body to play golf in 2016!!!!! :banana:

Back in July, the wife got me to do the Whole30 plan. On July 31st I was down 5.6 lbs. What was more impressive being a T2 diabetic, my glucose numbers were averaging between 90-100. I soon fell off that wagon in September.

January 1st I started on the Whole30 plan again. This time no more messing around. I have realized it's a lifestyle change commitment and not a diet. I'm shooting for a realistic weight of under 200#. That's about 23#. I know I won't do it in a month, but over several months. I'm anxious to see how the weight loss will affect my golf game. I've been called out by tequila4kapp and need to be in the best shape to take him down!

#discipline.

Starting the Advocare 24 day challenge again today. Had a good buddy who was doing it and wanted a support partner and since it's been a year since I did it I figured I would go again.

Plan is to stick to it meticulously. Gym every AM and sticking to the approved foods. Would love to drop 10 pounds or so on this go around

Like many others, I've re-focused on WW to start the year. Had good success with it in the past, it's mainly the tracking of my diet that helps me be accountable for making smart choices. Need to lose 15-20#, which will help control my blood pressure too and reduce chance of diabetes which is in my fam.

So far, the new WW system is very different and hard! Basically they've forced you to reduce sugar and carbs, and eat lean protein and veg/fruits. Easier said than done, before you could indulge a bit within reason but now even tiny indulgences are MEGA-Points.

Just check the weight and did not gain one pound over the holidays. :banana:

Officially hit the sub 190 mark for the first weigh in of the year. Puts me at 19 down.

Like many others, I've re-focused on WW to start the year. Had good success with it in the past, it's mainly the tracking of my diet that helps me be accountable for making smart choices. Need to lose 15-20#, which will help control my blood pressure too and reduce chance of diabetes which is in my fam.

So far, the new WW system is very different and hard! Basically they've forced you to reduce sugar and carbs, and eat lean protein and veg/fruits. Easier said than done, before you could indulge a bit within reason but now even tiny indulgences are MEGA-Points.
Im surprised they hadnt gone that way a long time ago. Sugars and carbs spell disaster for a diet

Im surprised they hadnt gone that way a long time ago. Sugars and carbs spell disaster for a diet

Sugar for sure. Carbs, it really depends on how you are getting them. Complex carbs are solid for keeping you full and providing sustained energy. Brown Rice, Sweet Potatoes, Whole Grains. Obviously don't go eat a pound of pasta, but you can have them sensibly.

Well, carbs had been penalized for past several years (and really always). The crack-down on sugar is the biggest change. Before, protein, fat, carbs and fiber determined WW points. Now sugar and total calories are considered. Overall it will promote healthier diets but lots of people are upset they are reducing the flexibility previously enjoyed. I think it could lead to yo-yo weight loss and gain, if people are unable to enjoy any sort of "splurge" on their baseline diet plan. I'm not a big sweet tooth so I think I'll be ok.

Well, carbs had been penalized for past several years (and really always). The crack-down on sugar is the biggest change. Before, protein, fat, carbs and fiber determined WW points. Now sugar and total calories are considered. Overall it will promote healthier diets but lots of people are upset they are reducing the flexibility previously enjoyed. I think it could lead to yo-yo weight loss and gain, if people are unable to enjoy any sort of "splurge" on their baseline diet plan. I'm not a big sweet tooth so I think I'll be ok.

But fruit is 0, that should be the ultimate splurge compared to pretty much every other diet when it comes to the people wanting a sweet thing. The Doc and I have started back in on WW beginning today and in planning that was the biggest shocker for us compared to the last time we both did it (5 or so years ago). Its made it really easy for me, when I need a snack, I just grab fresh fruit or veggies. IMO sugar needed to be taken into account in terms of processed carbs, THAT is what leads to the yo-yo aspect moreso than anything else.

Excited to have some structure again. Doc's "graduation" from residency is in June, we have made some LOFTY goals and rewards if we hit our marks. Though admittedly the diet hasn't been my biggest issue, its not wanting to work out a ton since I was forced to force others to do that forever.

But fruit is 0, that should be the ultimate splurge compared to pretty much every other diet when it comes to the people wanting a sweet thing. The Doc and I have started back in on WW beginning today and in planning that was the biggest shocker for us compared to the last time we both did it (5 or so years ago). Its made it really easy for me, when I need a snack, I just grab fresh fruit or veggies. IMO sugar needed to be taken into account in terms of processed carbs, THAT is what leads to the yo-yo aspect moreso than anything else.

Excited to have some structure again. Doc's "graduation" from residency is in June, we have made some LOFTY goals and rewards if we hit our marks. Though admittedly the diet hasn't been my biggest issue, its not wanting to work out a ton since I was forced to force others to do that forever.

Luckily, as you well know, Diet is at least 80% of it man.

After freaking prednisone and being inactive because of being sick I am like a pot belly pig right now.
Its back to basics now, sweat at the gym and paleo eating, I am feeling better just thinking about it :)

I am curious..Why were you on prednisone. My doctor puts me on it for gout which I had twice over the holidays.Was not aware of too many side-effects.
After freaking prednisone and being inactive because of being sick I am like a pot belly pig right now.
Its back to basics now, sweat at the gym and paleo eating, I am feeling better just thinking about it :)

Fruit and veggies are 0, but let's be honest most people don't view those as a desirable "snack" or "splurge". They crave something with fat or sugar or carbs, even if it was a little taste. You are in good place if those appeal to you. The majority of people starting WW have to re-wire their brains not just in terms of WHAT they eat, but how they eat and WHY. This is where the meetings are powerful, they can help you understand more about the how and why of eating...plus be held accountable by others.

I am curious..Why were you on prednisone. My doctor puts me on it for gout which I had twice over the holidays.Was not aware of too many side-effects.
I had pneumonia

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Fruit and veggies are 0, but let's be honest most people don't view those as a desirable "snack" or "splurge". They crave something with fat or sugar or carbs, even if it was a little taste. You are in good place if those appeal to you. The majority of people starting WW have to re-wire their brains not just in terms of WHAT they eat, but how they eat and WHY. This is where the meetings are powerful, they can help you understand more about the how and why of eating...plus be held accountable by others.

Frozen bananas mashed up are a good one for me. Or Frozen grapes. The bananas almost have an ice-cream consistency. My go to if I get a big sweets craving

Bananas are a splurge
Approx 50 grams carbs and 27 grams sugar in one banana

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

After the craziness of the holidays, having a rotating door of guests and being sick for a week and a half I am finally back on track.

I went to Orange Theory this morning and burned 740 calories, then went to the grocery store and bought all healthy food, and already have my menu planned out for the week.

Barnes and Nobel had a sale on cookbooks so I picked up a few Weight Watcher cookbooks for like $5 a piece and that's what I will be cooking from for the week.

I see a lot of you posting about the new points, and I think for me as long as fruit is still 0 then I am good to go. I can easily sub fruit for a sweet dessert, I looooooove fruit. If I had to get rid of that too, then I would be in major trouble. My other go-to for a sweet tooth craving is tea, I have some awesome flavored decaf teas (hot tea) that really curbs that craving.

After the craziness of the holidays, having a rotating door of guests and being sick for a week and a half I am finally back on track.

I went to Orange Theory this morning and burned 740 calories, then went to the grocery store and bought all healthy food, and already have my menu planned out for the week.

Barnes and Nobel had a sale on cookbooks so I picked up a few Weight Watcher cookbooks for like $5 a piece and that's what I will be cooking from for the week.

I see a lot of you posting about the new points, and I think for me as long as fruit is still 0 then I am good to go. I can easily sub fruit for a sweet dessert, I looooooove fruit. If I had to get rid of that too, then I would be in major trouble. My other go-to for a sweet tooth craving is tea, I have some awesome flavored decaf teas (hot tea) that really curbs that craving.

I was crazy excited about it myself, I love fruit LOVE it, and being able to have an apple, banana, grapes, whatever when I want a snack is huge.

I have been using the WW online recipes for dinner. Lots of good meals have come from that.

I was crazy excited about it myself, I love fruit LOVE it, and being able to have an apple, banana, grapes, whatever when I want a snack is huge.

Same here, I would have been screwed if I couldn't eat fruit. I just bought a bag of mandarin oranges, ambrosia apples and picked up a couple of mangoes since they were on sale.

I have been using the WW online recipes for dinner. Lots of good meals have come from that.

That is very good to hear! I normally follow a food blog that uses WW, but since the books were so cheap I figured they were worth picking up. First up is beef stew.

Do we need to make a new thread for this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back