THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

AMart will see this eventually. He's scheduled for about 250 posts on THP this year.

250? Hes got more than that in him right? Thats almost a no chance at MVP!

I don't have access to how many Michigan members or even know how I would find them other than the MI thread. I will be honest and say that tpluff and myself compiled a list of everyone who had posted in the Michigan thread last year. I personally sent out a PM to ones that posted in the last six months informing them of this event and the MVP trip with a link to this thread. Out of those PM's you know how many responses I got? ONE. And it was a decline.

Oh well, we will have enough to field a team and the guys that want to participate will and the rest will be missing out. Either way its going to be one heck of a time!

Exactly!
It is disappointing that some of our guys aren't showing interest.
Sometimes force feeding doesn't work no matter how sweet the eats!

AMart will see this eventually. He's scheduled for about 250 posts on THP this year.
Damn work!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I'll get right on the questions as soon as I get son with work today!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

12 guys have showed interest!? That's almost as much interest as the mighty Ohio has given!

Quality over quantity my friend! All my info has now been sent. Michigan going to shock the THP world.

Exactly!
It is disappointing that some of our guys aren't showing interest.
Sometimes force feeding doesn't work no matter how sweet the eats!

There might be interest there, but like me, they don't feel like they have enough game to come out. Yes I know it's been said over and over about handicap/skill not mattering it's all about fun, but some people don't completely buy into that. Or they are comfortable looking like a fool in front of their usual golf group and a few people on here versus 16 other guys. Plus there are a few uncertain things about the event still. We know the when, where and how, but we don't know the cost or some may know it's going to be a definite no due to family travel, graduation parties, weddings and that kind of stuff. I would hope they would say they are at least interested even if they can't give a 100% yes they want to be in. Hopefully if they are able to join as it gets closer they come in here and make it known before it's too late.

But none the less, a simple "thanks for the info but I think I'll pass" would be nice.

Did any of that make sense or did I just ramble on about nothing? :D

I think he's up to three posts in 2016 now. Still under 250.

We'll work on that. #MVP #MVP #MVP #MVP #MVP #MVP

There might be interest there, but like me, they don't feel like they have enough game to come out. Yes I know it's been said over and over about handicap/skill not mattering it's all about fun, but some people don't completely buy into that. Or they are comfortable looking like a fool in front of their usual golf group and a few people on here versus 16 other guys. Plus there are a few uncertain things about the event still. We know the when, where and how, but we don't know the cost or some may know it's going to be a definite no due to family travel, graduation parties, weddings and that kind of stuff. I would hope they would say they are at least interested even if they can't give a 100% yes they want to be in. Hopefully if they are able to join as it gets closer they come in here and make it known before it's too late.

It makes sense but its just sad that thats the case because THP events are so much more than that.

But none the less, a simple "thanks for the info but I think I'll pass" would be nice.

They don't call it the "hackers" paradise for nothin!!!

Worst case, I hope you're able to find your way out to a few Ohio gatherings in 2016 to get more comfortable with the group. All skills and abilities welcomed, so long as a smile comes with it!

Worst case, I hope you're able to find your way out to a few Ohio gatherings in 2016 to get more comfortable with the group. All skills and abilities welcomed, so long as a smile comes with it!
You smile? Interesting

It makes sense but its just sad that thats the case because THP events are so much more than that.

Just my observation from behind my computer screen. :alien:

If a smile is required, I'm out. Just ask my wife, I don't smile. :alien2:

That's kinda cynical haha

I've heard that a few times. I was smiling when I rolled up on the ultra fancy course we played a few months ago. Bet you can guess why haha!

What was that place called? Glad we've got Regional Rivalry on Boulder and not that thing.

Oh well, we will have enough to field a team and the guys that want to participate will and the rest will be missing out. Either way its going to be one heck of a time!

I am shocked that we do not have more Michigan members interested. I am interested in earning my spot as well as participating in the THP event. It has really given me a sense of focus to improve. I feel as though I still need to earn my spot regardless of count.

So far I have unofficial handicaps and related info from the following in no particular order....

jspangs
rozo22
Michigan Slice
tpluff
Wyzyguy
Stribs
2012BFT
Lions81
Hacker

I have received interest but no updated info from
Potbunker
Musicmaster6921
Solid5112

If your name is not on this list please send me a PM as it is easier to go back and reference than to dig through this entire thread and I may have missed it.

Here are the questions again for Team Michigan

1. What was your hdcp last year? If you did not keep one, what is your average score for 18 holes? Does it travel? Meaning do score pretty much the same everywhere or do you play the same course all the time?
2. What do you do best on the golf course?
3. What do you do you struggle with on the golf course?
4. Have you played competitive golf or match play in the past?
5. What kind of player are you? Do you like to go for it or play it safe?
6. Do you like to socialize when you play or are you super serious golfer guy?
7. If selected are you willing to meetup a few times for team prep (may involve a little local'ish' travel)?

Alright so heard back from a few more this afternoon

I don't have access to how many Michigan members or even know how I would find them other than the MI thread. I will be honest and say that tpluff and myself compiled a list of everyone who had posted in the Michigan thread last year. I personally sent out a PM to ones that posted in the last six months informing them of this event and the MVP trip with a link to this thread. Out of those PM's you know how many responses I got? ONE. And it was a decline.

In the end, the only thing that matters is that its an awesome group of people.
And I know we will have that.

Even with Michigan and Ohio involved. #MidwestBringsOutTheCrazies :D

Alright so heard back from a few more this afternoon
Just saw this and sent a PM! I am more than interested! I am gunning for a spot on the team!

Bump for late night amart

Don't spook him Mike!! He'll sneak in before Feb.
Haha. he's like the gentle Sheldon. You have to let him come to you. otherwise you will spook him...

Back