Calling out Gunner for a cold weather battle #THPCallOut

ntanygd760

Reaction score
Handicap
There is still no snow on the ground and the metroparks has courses open and you will golf in any weather.

Details

January 8th, 2016
Mid morning hot deal
Big Met Golf Course

Tale of the Tape

We both have played this course, rather simple and short so Gunner's distance isn't a big of a problem for me. We have played together at Big Met one time before, can't remember what either of us shot so this time it will be match play. I will give him 4-6 strokes. 1 breakfast ball each and lift clean and cheat in effect.

WITB

ntanygd760
Driver: TM R15 White
Fairway wood: TM Jetspeed HL 3 wood, TM RBZ 2 bonded 5 wood
Hybrids: TM SLDR 3H, Adams A12 4 and 6H
Irons: Adams A12 7-GW
Wedges: Adams Watson 54* and 60*
Ball: B330-RX
Putter: Ray Cook blade

gunner

In My
:cobra: Fly Z stand bag:

Driver: :cobra:Bio Cell +, 8',
matrix%20shafts%2080x15.jpg
Red Tie Xstiff, 43.5"
Fairway::cobra:Bio Cell +, 12' ,
matrix%20shafts%2080x15.jpg
Red Tie Xstiff
Hybrid : :cobra:Bio Cell, 16', Matrix Red Tie XStiff
Irons: :cobra:Fly Z + Forged, 3-pw, KBS Tour 130X
Wedges: :cleveland: 588 RTX 50', Rotex 2.0 56' and 60'.
Putter: CURE RX3 with :superstroke: Flatso grip
Balls: Pro V1, Pro V1x, SR3, BR330S

Can you say #THPRegionalRivalry ranking points

LOL @ lift, clean, and cheat!

I'll go gunner on this one.....just because I like his WITB more. :alien:

Oh man. Ill save my pick for tomorrow but this is going to be a good one. Ben plays there a TON and Gunner's length is being canceled out by mother nature......

Hmmm.
Tough call.
On one hand we have a guy that shot even par on the course last week, but then shot (according to him) a very big number with other THPers at the sim.
The other guy is losing his power in length, but seems to be #OutingApproved

Due to the factors in place, I think it should be 8 strokes (4 a side).
If it's 8, I think I go with Gunner. Power to all fields has a tendency to prevail.

If it stays at 6, I think I need to think about it more.

Lift clean and place through the green or just in the fairways?

Hmmm.
Tough call.
On one hand we have a guy that shot even par on the course last week, but then shot (according to him) a very big number with other THPers at the sim.

If it's 8, I think I go with Gunner. Power to all fields has a tendency to prevail.

lol Power to all fields. Makes me think of TO at Waldorf Astoria haha

Hmmm.
Tough call.

Was just guessing on his hdcp since he said last time we played he doesn't know and just guessed. Post last 10 differentials and I will give him how ever many strokes it says.

Going with the guy making the call out. Gunner has too many different balls in play and will get confused about which one to game for this big match. My man is committed to the awesome B330-RX ball.

LOL @ lift, clean, and cheat!

I'll go gunner on this one.....just because I like his WITB more. :alien:

That made me chuckle too, I like that description so much I will have to use it sometime. Good luck guys.

Lift clean and place through the green or just in the fairways?

Up to him. If you get mud balls 100% of the time we can go through the green, usually I only do fairway only, 1 club length.

This is a tough call. Have to go with nsync Joey Fatone or however you spell that forum name.

Weather forecast at tee time. 37 degrees, 10-20 mph wind and possibly light showers. Perfect for match play.

I have absolutely no idea who's going to win so I'll go with a "have fun!"

Have we received a confirmation for acceptance of the #THPCallOut ???

Have we received a confirmation for acceptance of the #THPCallOut ???

Yeah, I shot him a pm making sure he has Fridays off, good to go.

We need a renegotiation of strokes, my RR file says Gunner should be looking at about 10 for the round

6 seems like the best number but I am good with whatever he feels is fair.

Is there any water on the course? cause if there is and if ntanygd plays like he did in the sim, I'm going with Gunner.

But if if there isn't in going with the guy getting strokes, Gunner to win and a jump up the power rankings.

Ooo this is a tough call. I am with JB, if Ben gives him 8 then I go with Gunner anything less I am going to have to think about it a little harder.

Almost none and it takes effort to make the ball go splash. Trees are the only defense the course has for the most part. I am quite good at hitting trees as well.

game golf of course
http://www.gamegolf.com/golfcourse/16254

I'm going gunner

I graciously accept this offer to play this coming Friday! I believe I will be victorious! Because I have not yet registered a HCP, I will post my last 12 or so saved rounds from my GPS, and their relation to par. You guys can take a look below to see what you think a fair amount of strokes would be. Last time Ben and I were there I forgot to charge my GPS so I wasn't able to save my score or get accurate yardages. I believe I shot somewhere in the Mid/High 80's with all my drives duck hooking left!!

12/12 Sleepy Hollow, 85 +14
12/11 Pine Hills, 86 +14
12/8 Sweetbriar Legacy, 84 +12
11/7 Springvale, 93 +23
11/6 Sleepy Hollow, 87 +16
9/25 Dragon Ranch, 84 +14
9/18 Sleepy Hollow, 85 + 14
9/11 Big Met, 89 +17
8/29 Eagle Crest, 88 +16
8/29 Eagle Crest, 85 +13
8/23 Shale Creek, 90 +19
8/21 Gray Hawk, 91 +22
8/14 Stonewater CC, 100 +29
8/8 Pine Hills, 86 +14
8/4 Pleasant Valley, 91 +19
8/3 Sleepy Hollow, 82 +11

BTW, color me a NEWB at playing these various golf games, but how would "getting strokes" apply to match play where you're just winning each hole as you go? If that can work please enlighten me, otherwise I would think each holes net score based on assigned handicap would be the appropriate method.

BTW, color me a NEWB at playing these various golf games, but how would "getting strokes" apply to match play where you're just winning each hole as you go? If that can work please enlighten me, otherwise I would think each holes net score based on assigned handicap would be the appropriate method.
That is exactly the way it works. You get your 8 on the 1-8 ranked handicap holes.

Back