Knuth High Heat FW Wood & Hybrid Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

The company that launched the most decorated new driver of 2015 is back this year with fairway woods and hybrids featuring even greater breakthrough technology including all beta titanium faces with large sweet spot zones.

Knuth Golf will introduce its High Heat fairway woods and hybrids at the Demo Day portion of the 2016 PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando, Tuesday January 26 at Orange County National.

It was at that event one year ago that Knuth Golf unveiled its High Heat Driver, a club called by Sports Illustrated writer Gary Van Sickle "the most significant technological innovation in golf equipment from this year's PGA Merchandise Show and . . . a potential game changer for all amateur golfers since a flock of previously mis-hit shots turn into sweet-spot drives."

High Heat driver was named on several "top product" lists throughout the year, including being named THE No. 1 top golf product of 2015 by Colorado Avid Golfer and ahead of major brands' new drivers including TaylorMade's M1 driver.

The High Heat fairway woods and hybrids promise to be just as popular and successful. They will come with Knuth Golf's Optimal Center of Gravity (CG) Game Changer and Fire Zone Face Technologies™ that enabled its High Heat driver to provide all amateur golfers with a 25% deeper and 18% lower CG compared to major brands' average CG location that resulted in it being longer, straighter and more forgiving than major brands' drivers according to Golf Laboratories, which is the world's recognized leading robot testing company. They will also come with Knuth Golf's patented polished mirror face, which leaves the impression of the ball exactly where the golfer hits it on the face, providing instant and useful feedback and then is easily rubbed off.

In addition, there are four other design features that differentiate the High Heat fairway woods and hybrids from their competitors and make them the easiest to hit, longer, straighter and more forgiving:

1) Almost all fairway woods and hybrids are made with all steel heads, which are unable to have a CT anywhere near the USGA's CT limits except on center hits. This does not matter for the Tour pros who consistently hit on or near the center of the face, but is a significant disadvantage for virtually all amateurs. Therefore, High Heat's fairway woods and hybrids were designed to have a Beta titanium cup face, providing a significantly increased spring-like effect across the entire face for extra distance and increased forgiveness. In addition, the Beta titanium face, which weighs far less than steel, provides another advantage in that it allows for a substantially increased amount of discretionary weight in the body of the club to optimize its performance.

2) The High Heat fairway woods feature a much wider club face than major brands. Since most of amateurs' off-center misses are on the toe or heel, the wider face provides a higher spring-like effect and more forgiveness.

"I designed High Heat's fairway woods to have a massive sweet spot so that amateurs can achieve an optimum performance," said Knuth. "The combination of the wider Beta titanium face and the Fire Zone Face design enhances the club's forgiveness."

3) Most amateurs struggle to get their 3 wood into the air, so Knuth addressed this in his design. With its deep and low CG High Heat's fairway woods, produce a higher launch angle that helps get the ball airborne. Another benefit from this design is that its CG angle is approximately 50% larger than major brands' leading models' average CG angle, which makes all High Heat's fairway woods easier for amateur golfers to square up at contact for enhanced distance and accuracy.

4) The High Heat hybrids will also be easier to hit than other hybrids because of their much deeper and lower CG and because the CG angle is approximately 25% larger than major brands' leading models' average CG angle. In addition, the center rail on the bottom of their soles that is on all High Heat clubs is especially beneficial for hybrids because it provides less friction when hitting the ground.

The High Heat fairway woods will be available in 3-wood, 5-wood and 7-wood models. Hybrid choices will be #3 (18 degrees), #4 (21 degrees), #5 (24 degrees), and #6 (27 degrees) models.

Noted club designer and builder for 24 Hall of Fame golfers, Jeff Sheets, considers Knuth Golf's family of fairway woods and hybrids "scientific breakthrough designs with significant performance advantages for amateur golfers including scratch to high handicappers that no other fairway woods or hybrids have achieved."

Sheets added that with "proper recognition," these clubs "could change the way that the large OEMs design their drivers, fairway woods and hybrids, which would be great for amateur golfers and help grow the game of golf."

For more information, or to order a High Heat driver, fairway wood or hybrid visit knuthgolf.com.

2154082.jpg

For all its quirkiness, the Knuth is an amazing driver. I can't wait to try these new clubs out.

Consider me intrigued.

Not a bad looking club.

Definitely on my must try list

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Definitly will be giving the FW and Hybrids a look at demo day.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Great news! Excited to give these a try!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was skeptical of the driver, but hit it last year and was impressed. I'm hoping to get my hands on the FW.

I went to the Knuth site to see pics of these and it says coming in fall of 2015 with no pictures. Can anyone point me to the pics?

I like the sound of a larger fairway wood especially since I play the K15 5w. Intrigued by this one for sure

Lots of bold claims but sounds from the THP'ers that have hit it that it does in fact perform (yes, I've read the driver review thread).

The mirror finish isn't something I really like but performance is performance.

The driver is amazing, a-mazing. So naturally I want to hit these.

Interested to hear feedback on these. The driver sure is fun to hit, so I would image these would be the same.

I went to the Knuth site to see pics of these and it says coming in fall of 2015 with no pictures. Can anyone point me to the pics?

I like the sound of a larger fairway wood especially since I play the K15 5w. Intrigued by this one for sure

They are being unveiled at the PGA Show (or right before it).
THP will have them in hand and they will be on the THP Tour Van for people to demo at events.

Never tried the driver. Might have to give both a try now!

I really enjoyed hitting the driver. If that ease of launch can be put into the fairway wood, I'm super interested.

I'd be curious to give both a swing, interesting to see their style, chrome face, etc. On the smaller heads of FW and hybos.

I'd love to see additional pictures. I am also interested to know if the sound has been improved.

My interest is piqued, I look forward to seeing these in hand soon!

The driver was a lot of fun to hit on Flightscope. Would love to see what kind of numbers I could see with the fairway vs my gamer 5 wood.

Back