Tom Watson joins Callaway Tour Staff

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score

Tom Watson will always be Golden Ram Tour Grind to me.

Like it. Like it a lot.

Good for both of them, Tom is a legend and Callaway will treat him like one.

He was one of the main guys for Adams right? Not surprising that he has moved on from them.

Probably a good signing for Callaway, but definitely at a different point in his career than the couple guys they lost (Finau/Kirk).

I was thinking the same...good for Callaway, but another indication that Adams Golf is on its way out the door.

I like Tom Watson, I'm a big fan, I think this is a good pairing. I wonder how the conversations between him and Roger Cleveland go.

Just saw this on Twitter a few minutes ago. Adding another legend of the game to the Callaway team is a good deal.

I was thinking the same...good for Callaway, but another indication that Adams Golf is on its way out the door.
Bingo. Just like when their awesome tight lies went on sale for 29.99. Sad. But other companies will step up hopefully.

So cool! Tom is one of my favorite legends of the PGA!

I saw that this morning on Facebook. I think it's sad he left Adams after so many years, but very glad he went to my favorite club company!

I take this as great news!

Interesting. Good for Callaway. Can't wait for @HarryArnett and the #ZooCrew to spend some time with him.

Watson is a class act, this seems like a good fit. Looking forward to seeing how the use him in marketing.

Stiffed us at Augusta in the clubhouse when we asked for him to sign a flag.

He is dead to me.

I'm not a Tom Watson fan but it's good for Callaway

Last year was his last Open, right? Does he now only play Senior majors?

Nice. I like seeing this. Though, I'm guessing Watson and Mickelson will have very separate timing for club fitting/trials at the ECPC.

No negatives for either party IMO.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Not surprised he moved on from the staggering zombie that is Adams, but it just makes me even more sad to think back on the demise of Adams.

I think that's a good move by Callaway, Tom Watson would be more like an Ambassador that a Tour Pro

What a great headline to see when I pulled up the new posts. I was excited to see the announcement.

Yikes for Adams and interesting signing for Callaway

Every time I've had a chance to saw hi or talk to him, he's been very nice. KC guy with my favorite clubs company is awesome.

Good on both of them on the partnership. Will be sad to see Adams go, as I have had a lot of good clubs from them(pre Taylormade). Hopefully TEE can get a bump up from this, would really like to see them out more.

Back