Name 2 recent club purchases that have lowered your scores the most

1. Tour Edge Exotics 2h. If anything, this club was specifically purchased for one shot on my home course. 335 yd par 4 dog leg left. It's about a 250 yd tee shot over water and trees to cut the dog leg, and this baby drops her on or around the green every time. Easy birdie at the least.

2. Not a club, but my OnPar has cut more strokes for me than anything else.

1. SeeMore FGP... I've had more one putts and significantly less three puts since switching to this putter. Everything I hit goes where I'm aiming. As to where I'm aiming, thats a different story...

2a. Srixon YELLOW Z-star. I'm going to follow TC's lead on this one and say this has improved my scores more than any other club has. Cant be lost (instant 1-3 stroke savings), and holds the greens so well.

2b. If it must be a club, I'm going to go out on a limb and say the Miyazaki shaft in my driver, although I'm still waiting on it being shafted. :angry:

1) All my SeeMore putters: Most recent is the Carbon Series Putter
2) PING G15 Irons and Hybrids

Again, I don't think the 2 things would be clubs for me:

1) the use of a GPS rangefinder (via my iPhone). Knowing my yardages has helped a bunch, it's all very well having 150 and 100 yard markers on the course...but if you go offline or are in between them it's just an estimate.

2) Bridgestone B330-RXS ball. I LOVE the feel and stopping power I get from this. I haven't paid too much attention to the distance but I'm pretty sure it flies as far as other distance balls I've tried too though.

1) Nickent 4DX CB irons. Before these, my first "good" set of irons were Adams Ovation II that just never felt right to me. While they too were cavity-back GI irons, they had a wider sole and the inside bottoms were hollow. Whiffing and topping were a common problem for me, especially with the middle irons. The bottoms of the Nickents are solid and have a more 'bottom-heavy' feel to them, and I'm making more consistent contact with them.

2) PING PAL putter. I wasn't expecting too much from this one, but I've been pleasantly surprised. All I wanted was a cheap "backup" putter to use when my Odyssey was giving me problems that day. BigLeftyInAZ was selling this on the FS/FT/WTB forum for only $30, so I went for it. First time I used it, it was love at first stroke. [Dr.Evil voice] "It's a laaaaa-zur!" No fancy inserts, weights, alignment aids, etc - it just does what it needs to do - roll the damn ball into the hole, and it does so oh so well. I have a feeling this will be in my bag for a while.

HONORABLE MENTIONS (non-club items):
- nRange GPS for Blackberry
- BagBoy F-350 push cart

Cobra Baffler DWS 3h 4h Stiff

My hybrids were 2 of the last clubs I needed to replace from my Slazenger starter set I got last year. Wow, these are night and day difference. Long and straight every time.

Another SeeMore/CG15 vote here

The SeeMore m7 has ousted my Del Mar and the CG15s perform better than any wedge I've hit before. Both took some getting used to but my short game has benefitted from both purchases and that's where the scoring gets done.

TM Rossa Lambeau Black putter - sinking long and medium putts with this like I haven't done in years - saving me multiple strokes per round.

Srixon Z-Star Yellow - the ball just fits me much better than any I previously played

I can't name two. But I can name one (and it's not that recent) which would be my Odyssey Dual Force II #2 putter.

It has the advantage of perimeter weighting but it still plays very much like a heel-shafted blade. Best of both worlds and a steal for the eighty bucks it cost me. :thumb:

-JP

I can't name two. But I can name one (and it's not that recent) which would be my Odyssey Dual Force II #2 putter.

It has the advantage of perimeter weighting but it still plays very much like a heel-shafted blade. Best of both worlds and a steal for the eighty bucks it cost me. :thumb:

-JP

I have played the #1 for years and still love it.

I have played the #1 for years and still love it.

I have a #1 as well but the #2 suits me better.

I haven't really tried much of the other Odyssey lines, but they definitely got it right with the Dual Force series.

-JP

My Bridgestone 56 degree wedge and my Acushnet Bullseye putter I bought for $9 at Play It Again Sports. Seriously, I'm not kidding. My Rife and I are in the middle of a mine putter disagreement and I'm not missing anything with the Bullseye.

I bought two stiff arms for KellyBo and myself's golf travel bags. New platinum golf buddy and a new golf bag with some new snakes :golf2:....

1. My Seemore Si3 putter

2. I know its not a club but getting mine fitted and been one of my best investments in my game.

Nickent 3dx 4h
Ping Rapture v2 irons

Callaway diablo Hybrid Tour and Bushnell range finder!!!

Cleveland cg7 irons, Graphite shafts. Made me think i may actually get the hang of this sport!!

Another vote for Seemore. I have the m7 and love it!!! Never changing my putter again.....(right!)
Not recent since I had it from last year, but I love my Callaway FT-9 Tour with Fubuki.

New driver that I actually went through a club fitting for helped lower my scores.

I thought going to an ugly mallet from a regular blade putter would shave 2-3 strokes easily off my putting, but it didn't happen. Still happy with my purchase though.

A Yes Tiffany putter - I've gone two full rounds now with just one 3-putt.

A 58* Wilson Staff TW9 wedge - after reading OEM Kevin's wedge shootout post, I figured I'd give this wedge a try. It's a great little wedge and I'm finding more success with it than with my CG15 and Callaway Jaws wedges. Also, the TW9's were selling for $65 at Golf Town so it was a steal!

1. My faithful putter that I put back in my bag.

2. Adams SuperBlack hybrid. Much better than my old hook machine of a hybrid.

1. Ping G10 3h. My first hybrid. Why, oh why did I wait so long?

2. CG15 58* LW. Probably my favourite club in the bag.

A Yes Tiffany putter - I've gone two full rounds now with just one 3-putt.

Yes! has some beautiful putters...Rock Bottom has them right now for $69 with free shipping...got my eye on 'Callie' once I get an answer from them about the 'uncut' length option.

Rife Antigua & Callaway FT-9

although my most recent purchase Cleveland Launcher 17* is doing a great job too.

Back