Easiest 3W to hit

Germerican

AngryYankee
Reaction score
Handicap
23.8 USGA
I am currently gaming a Cobra BiO Cell 3/4W and looking to upgrade. I have trouble hitting woods as it is, even with lessons and Tadashi help. I am looking at picking up the TM Aeroburner 3W HL.
I did a search and was surprised to find that there are no review threads up for the metal wood series of this line.
For those who have hit the Aeroburner, what are your opinions, and what opinions do THPers have on other woods for a high capper?

Callaway V-Series is probably the easiest to hit fairway wood line I have ever tired.

Callaway Big Bertha 816 16°

Amazingly high MOI in that clubhead.

I am currently gaming a Cobra BiO Cell 3/4W and looking to upgrade. I have trouble hitting woods as it is, even with lessons and Tadashi help. I am looking at picking up the TM Aeroburner 3W HL.
I did a search and was surprised to find that there are no review threads up for the metal wood series of this line.
For those who have hit the Aeroburner, what are your opinions, and what opinions do THPers have on other woods for a high capper?

Its a good fairway wood.
Its not really super forgiving however. Low spin, weighting moved all of the way forward, etc.

By easiest to hit do you mean off the deck? If so my vote goes to TEE Trilogy or X-Rail.

If you need to get the ball up in the air, the Aeroburner would not be the first I would look at. For me, it was always low ball flight and tough to get it to hit higher shots with.

I found the Callaway XR head to be extremely forgiving when I reviewed it last year. Seemed like you could really make some big mistakes and still see something generally close to what you were trying to accomplish. Same can be said for the V-Series, actually.

aren't those hl version of tm woods usually a little closed?

i like my xr fairway wood a lot, and because they're being phased out of production you can get them for cheap. why not think about a heavenwood? i know the distance won't be the same as a well-struck 3w, but if it's easier to hit, more forgiving and more consistent, i think it would average out to be a better option.

Callaway V-Series is probably the easiest to hit fairway wood line I have ever tired.
I agree with this completely. And you are more than likely to find one pretty cheap I'd bet as well.

Another vote for the XR here. I've had plenty of mis-hits with it that resulted in surprisingly okay results.

I would look at the V-Series. Can be had a little cheaper, stupid easy to elevate.

V-series for sure. The XR line from last year and expect the new xr16.

I love my V-Series, but have heard nothing but great things about the Callaway 816.

VSeries would be the best bet for ease and price right now.

I have played both the BioCell and XR 3 wood. I like the XR better, contact just feels more solid. I don't have any qualms hitting it off the deck.

GBB for me. I find it the most reliable (and longest) 3W I've ever had. Also, it has the distinction of giving me the most shot compliments of any fairway wood I've had, which is an important category!

816 14* and 16* are both awesome options and easialy the best ones I've hit, but for price and just based off the ones I've hit, i would say either the XR or RBZ

I found the Callaway XR head to be extremely forgiving when I reviewed it last year. Seemed like you could really make some big mistakes and still see something generally close to what you were trying to accomplish. Same can be said for the V-Series, actually.

XR gets my vote as well. Can hit that thing any where in the face with little punishment.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Adams Insight Tech A4 & Super S, Ping G25 & K series.....amongst others.

Haven't seen it mentioned yet by my SLDR 3W is super easy for me to hit... and I can't hit anything well, even my miss hits on that go pretty well, same with my dads SLDR 3wHL

I just picked up a PING G30 3 wood to match the driver I have. The forgiveness and feel was the reason for my purchase. After testing Titleist, Callaway, and TM, I found it the easiest to hit off the deck and the most playable for my swing.

816 has a lot of forgiveness, high MOI, however I think the GBB lineup for FW's is easier to hit from the turf.
If I were to go Aeroburner, I'd get it in the HL version. I played the 3 wood for a bit early last year, it was good.
Last year's Nike Vapor FW's were pretty good too.

Best budget find? Probably the V series or the 2014 Big Bertha. I still enjoy the heck out the '14 Big Bertha, super easy off the deck.

Mine.

never had a 3 wood that hits any better

816 has a lot of forgiveness, high MOI, however I think the GBB lineup for FW's is easier to hit from the turf.
If I were to go Aeroburner, I'd get it in the HL version. I played the 3 wood for a bit early last year, it was good.
Last year's Nike Vapor FW's were pretty good too.

Best budget find? Probably the V series or the 2014 Big Bertha. I still enjoy the heck out the '14 Big Bertha, super easy off the deck.

I am really liking the idea of the V-Series being the discount suggestion this year. I suggested the optiforce to a few guys last year who loved it -- And the V-Series was a nice upgrade from that.

This times 10. 3W or Heavenwood is money from the tee or turf!

Back