bpipe95

The big stick rules!
Reaction score
Handicap
While in GG tonight the guys showed me the new K15 wood line.

They are, kind of strange looking to me, but I am more of a traditionalist when it comes to woods.

Gone are the "draw" models, it is all done by weighting now, so they say.

image-1.jpg

image_2.jpg

The driver has a elongated and flattish shape.

and the fairways really flat and large.

I hit the driver tonight, and while it does have a solid feel, it is not nearly as long as my current. But it did have a nice consistent grouping with a bit of a draw.

I think they are making a mistake with this one. Just not enough to distinguish it from the G15. Is it priced less?

The driver reminds me a little of the old Callaway BB 460 with that elongated head.

ALthought I do like the looks of these it reminds me of the clone clubs.

Reminds me of the Cobra LD-08 Fast... Hope it doesn't sound the same :)

That fairway looks HUGE, the G15 is already pretty large and it's dwarfed by the K...

I saw the K15 at my GG yesterday too. Its really flat. It looks like they put the g15 under a giant press and flattened it a bit. I had a very quick chat with the clerk there and it seems they're trying to apply some fairway wood technology into the driver. By flattening it they're pulling the CG back, creating more spin and higher drives with more carry? I could be absoluty wrong about what I just said. Its what the clerk was able to piece together off a 1 paragraph press piece that came with the clubs. (The clerk admitted he actually did not notice the new clubs at first). To be honest I when I first saw the k15 I thought it was a line for children. (K = kids right?)
Seems like they've got 2 game improvement drivers now. Which is still less than other companies I guess.
haha

I saw these last night at an Edwin Watts down in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL and noticed PING did not put a tungsten weight in the toe of the K-15's like they have on the V2's. The face is still titanium so I am now thinking the change to K-15 may be partly due to reducing cost on their SGI irons to gain on market share/more competitve price point. I think the V2's were in the price range of $1,200.00. I did not see a price on the K-15's but guess they are a bit less than the Raptures.

Just my thoughts.

I saw these last night at an Edwin Watts down in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL and noticed PING did not put a tungsten weight in the toe of the K-15's like they have on the V2's. The face is still titanium so I am now thinking the change to K-15 may be partly due to reducing cost on their SGI irons to gain on market share/more competitve price point. I think the V2's were in the price range of $1,200.00. I did not see a price on the K-15's but guess they are a bit less than the Raptures.

Just my thoughts.
sounds logical to me.

I checked these out at the golf shop today and I gotta say I like the k15! It is quite different than the G15 from address in my opinion. I'm hoping to hit one soon.

I think they are making a mistake with this one. Just not enough to distinguish it from the G15. Is it priced less?

If you see it in person it looks nothing like the G15.

I'm definitely going to have to pass on this one, looks alone turn me away. The irons just look clunky as well.

I'm not really a big fan of this set by PING, I know many before me have said it already, but the paint job is the same, surely they could have made it in a different colour?

And on another note, that 5wood is HUGE!!!

I checked these out at the golf shop today and I gotta say I like the k15! It is quite different than the G15 from address in my opinion. I'm hoping to hit one soon.

I'm hoping that PING sends a few of these to FL for us to try.

They hit pretty solidly but there is just not enough difference between it and the G15. They are lofted a little bit less and promote a higher trajectory but other than that are pretty similar. The irons have the Titanium face as did the V2's and are basically the same club. The price point is also quite a bit higher than the G15 as well, $999 for steel, $1099 for graphite. I did really like the feel of the 3 wood though, the 16 degree loft was kind of nice.

Back