Driver Club Head Speed?

110-114 on trackman in Cali.

Much higher than I thought or expected.

My last driver fitting at GolfTec had me between 108-112. Got up to 116 when I really went after one

Yes I know it was measured at Wilson staff HQ by their tour department.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

About Golf PGA Tour simulator and regular smooth driver swing is between 101-103.

Yes I know it was measured at Wilson staff HQ by their tour department.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
120's...

I'm around 98 typically. Measured on a bunch of different devices, most recently Flight Scope at the THP outing at Lake Jovita. The results from my SC100 match that.

My home course installed a golf simulator and I have played around on the range setting..They put a small metallic sticker on my driver head...I was getting between 94-97 mph...

bumping for gunner

Since starting to play again after 20 years off, I've gone to simulators 6 times. I have no faith in their accuracy. I used two different stores and my club head speed has ranged from a low of 82 to a high of 95. Those are averages for the sessions, not individual drives.

On a side note, when I quit playing golf 20 years ago with a 5 handicap, if simulators were around, I didn't know about them. 12 years ago I thought I might try to start playing again I found a store that had a device to measure clubhead speed. At that time my clubhead speed was 108 -- if the machine was accurate. Encouraged by that, and that the salesperson told me I had a good swing, I took a small bucket of balls and went to the range. I didn't hit one good ball and shanked most of them. I threw my clubs back in my car -- quite forcibly as I recall -- never to touch the clubs again till this year.

When I hit the ball decent, my drives now go about 220-235. From the readings I've done on the internet, I'm guessing my clubhead speed is around 90-92. If I threw out the low (82) session and the high session (95) and averaged the other sessions, it will probably represent and fairly accurate average.

Later,

John

Measured at Golfsmith, in the 98-102 range with a few outliers on both ends

Mine is steady between 91-95 Trackman and CG2, age has stolen 10, when I wasn't looking.

Mine has been measured on several big box launch monitors, as well as by JB himself on FS. Always similar at a very humbling 92-95 mph.

The last time it was measured on anything reliable (GC2) was last spring and it averaged 92, a high of 96 and a low of 89. Would like to get it consistently at 95 again.

On the monitors in the hitting bays at Roger Dunn, 100-105. When I was fit for my driver in the studio, same thing. 103-108. I've never seen a number higher than 113.

Consistently in the 90-94mph range.... inconsistently in the 95-99 range. I would rather be on the lower end all day with better contact, than out in the bush searching for balls after wayward drives.

A bit too much of a spread in mph than I would like. Gotta get it a bit more consistent.

Last time I was on Flightscope at a THP event it was around 104-106.

After realizing just how slow I was versus most THPers whenever this topic came up, I decided to see if I could somehow gain enough to approach even low/average. Therefore, I've been tracking my driver speed closely for the past year and a half and have bumped my average from the 77-81 range up to 90-92mph. Might not sound like much, but as an older guy (60), it's made a big difference. I'm hoping to get the average up to 95mph (supposedly the avg speed for a male am) by the time golf season rolls around. Speeds were tracked with SC100/SC200 monitors. I've been able to compare my SC100 directly (swing for swing) next to Trackman and Flightscope on a couple occassions and the swing speeds and ballspeeds corolate very closely.

At Annika Academy I was around 112 to 114 on flightscope or trackman. I forget which they had. On gc2 monitors without hmt I can be anywhere from 98 to 110. Speaks volumes on my efficiency lol

It has been measured on Trackman during club demos and driver fittings. Regular SS is 100mph, with variance from as low as 95 to as high as 103.

An average of 115 on Trackman, both at local golf store and at my teaching pros.

GC2 at Golfers Warehouse, not sure how accurate that is but 100-105.

When I did my driver fitting 2 seasons ago I was in the 110-114 range. Topped out at 119

Approximately 100 mph. Mid 90's if not swinging great, can sneak above 100 if I'm syncing up nicely. Trackman last month said an average of 96 but my driver swing was garbage. Last lesson, GC2 had me up around 99-101 on good swings.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I tend to hover above 100 and below 107 based on a fitting and what I've seen from SIM's.

Back