Cobra KING F6 Driver - THP Review Thread

Love it, and I hope more give it a go before automatically assuming the F6+ will be the best fit. This is NOT a high spin driver, at all.

From reading your review Jman and having hit this driver myself. I will have one in a month or so. Just gotta find a decent price in it. And sell off some other clubs. Great review and man this club just performs.

Pulled the trigger on the Turbulance F6 with the white tie shaft. I had a hard time deciding between the F6 & F6+ since they were the same cost because of the shaft option I chose but decided to go with the extra forgivness on rhe F6. Can't wait to put this puppy in play...

nice pickup platoon, its a really fun head.

Enjoy it fellas. Intrigued to hear your thoughts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am interested to see the comparison with this and your current driver.
Had a good round with this today. 50% fairways (7/14 FIR) and was as long, if not a bit longer than the K15. Even the misses left me in play (maybe a couple yards off at most). We played back a set of tees and my second shot was right around the landing areas that I am accustomed to, so the distance is definitely there. I hope to get on Game Golf next time and get some distances.

The sound is really different than what I was getting with the K15. While the K15 had a bit more of a metallic ring to it, this was a solid crack at contact. Was a very easy club to swing. While I had the weight set to "Towering" most of my shots were low-mid, penetrating shots with my customary 5 yard fade. I was playing a stiff shaft though in the Red Tie, so I probably need to go R flex with something a bit more high launching for me to fully benefit from this club.

Overall, very pleased and it's staying in the bag for awhile.

What loft did you have it at Deuce?

All of these posts make me want this...

Do you think the shaft contributed to the lower trajectory or is your usual trajectory low/mid?

What loft did you have it at Deuce?
10.5, and I should probably adjust it upward. I didn't bring a torque wrench with me, so was stuck with what it was set at. Need to fish one out of my shed tonight.
Do you think the shaft contributed to the lower trajectory or is your usual trajectory low/mid?
I am generally a low launch swinger, and I imagine the shaft didn't help matters since IIRC the Red Tie is mid launch. I was still seeing really good distance, and it was mostly all carry because we're still recovering from those 1000 year rains last month. I wouldn't be surprised - and think it would be a good idea actually - to close our course down for a couple months and just let it drain without people running all over the place.

Crank it up and let if fly brother. If you need a wrench I got ya covered.

Quick qustion: Is there last much difference between flexes for the red tie int his club? I hit the S flex at GG and it was really nice.
However, it felt a tab bit light. I think the X flex weight would be better for me.

Thanks James! We're getting rain tomorrow and Thursday (surprise surprise) but I just found two more courses each within 20 miles of me that are begging to be played ... so I'll hopefully get another crack at her on Friday!

Quick qustion: Is there last much difference between flexes for the red tie int his club? I hit the S flex at GG and it was really nice.
However, it felt a tab bit light. I think the X flex weight would be better for me.
Im a high SS guy and it held up really well for me. If you go through cobra there are some really nice no up options that might get you a little more heft in there.

Cobra KING F6 Driver - THP Review Thread

Hit this again today. Such a solid setup. People need to hit this and not go straight to the LTD. as awesome as the LTD is, it may not be for everyone.

Last edited:
Hit this again today. Such a solid setup. People need to hit this and not go straight to the LTD. as awesome as the LTD is, it may not be for everyone.
Sadly, far too many will look at this one and assume high spin, and that couldn't be more wrong.

Sadly, far too many will look at this one and assume high spin, and that couldn't be more wrong.

Spin is a very overthought thing throughout club pondering with todays drivers, but its an easy target number so gets discussed frequently.
FWIW, the F6 will outsell both the LTD and F6+ this year I would imagine based on past history.

Its a very solid performer.

Spin is a very overthought thing throughout club pondering with todays drivers, but its an easy target number so gets discussed frequently.
FWIW, the F6 will outsell both the LTD and F6+ this year I would imagine based on past history.

Its a very solid performer.
Oh I agree, hence why many will make assumptions on the head, which is a shame because it really is an incredibly well rounded performer which will fit well with a variety of swings/players.

I've no doubt it'll be their top seller overall though.

Oh I agree, hence why many will make assumptions on the head, which is a shame because it really is an incredibly well rounded performer which will fit well with a variety of swings/players.

I've no doubt it'll be their top seller overall though.

I don't really think there are too many high spin heads anymore, as companies have move past that in the last few years. As golfers become more educated they will unleash some of the abilities these new heads offer.

There sure does not seem like a lot of interest for the F6 on our forum or anywhere else. Maybe it just getting overlooked with the other new releases (M2, G, Bridgestone, etc).

Started my morning at the range working on shortening my backswing and received a call that my White Tie F6 came in. After finishing my bucket I made a beeline down to the local Golf Mart to give her a go.

Since I was already warmed up I proceeded hit five absolutely perfect drives before disaster struck on my 6th swing. On the sixth swing the club head flew straight into the net after impact and leaving me with just a shaft in my hands. When I looked at the shaft and the head I noticed the my fly adaptor came off the shaft and was stuck in the head! Since the manager was right there he determined it was a faulty glue job from the factory and stated he could re-glue the adaptor as good as the factory but did give me a guarantee he would order another one if I wasn't completely happy with the results. Truthfully I'm a little nervous since I have a lot more faith in the factory application since the slightest millimeter matters but I guess we'll find out.

Started my morning at the range working on shortening my backswing and received a call that my White Tie F6 came in. After finishing my bucket I made a beeline down to the local Golf Mart to give her a go.

Since I was already warmed up I proceeded hit five absolutely perfect drives before disaster struck on my 6th swing. On the sixth swing the club head flew straight into the net after impact and leaving me with just a shaft in my hands. When I looked at the shaft and the head I noticed the my fly adaptor came off the shaft and was stuck in the head! Since the manager was right there he determined it was a faulty glue job from the factory and stated he could re-glue the adaptor as good as the factory but did give me a guarantee he would order another one if I wasn't completely happy with the results. Truthfully I'm a little nervous since I have a lot more faith in the factory application since the slightest millimeter matters but I guess we'll find out.

I know now that store!! Sounds like they put too little epoxy on the tip at the factory! golf mart could re glue no problem, just make sure they lightly sand tip and use adaptor epoxy. Not a big deal.

Bought a King F6 driver from an eBay seller at less than retail price. Received it yesterday from FedEx. Inside the box was a plastic wrapped driver with the plastic over the grip and head, just like in the stores. Included a headcover, booklet and wrench. It's a Matrix Ozik MFS Series 56 gram Red Tie V4 mid launch regular shaft. I've been gaming a 9.5 deg, Bassara 50 gram regular shaft. First tee shot was a nice, lower trajectory launch than the other driver I play and the distance with a Titleist DT Trusoft ball was 220 with my 85 mph SS. All day long, well 13 drives out of 14 par 4's & 5's, I hit this King F6 10.5 mid launch shafter driver straight or a slight fade between 200 and 225 yards. The only dislike was the skinny grip, so tomorrow I'll have it regripped with a golf pride tour velvet super tack midsize grip. I feel it will relegate my Titleist 913 D2 9.5 degree driver to back up status. Will add to this thread when I play again. Lovin it so far.

Back