Cobra KING F6 Driver - THP Review Thread

Thanks Jman, That was a great review. Looks like I will need to check this one out

Fantastic review James, I really really like everything I'm seeing here. This one sits firmly in my wheelhouse (on paper). e9 face, plenty adjustability, stock red tie shaft, lots of forgiveness. Pretty cool to see what Yagley & Tom O have done, 2 fantastic minds.

Jman,
My question for you in regards to this driver is how would you compare it to the previous versions.
I know you enjoyed Bio Cell and Bio Cell + and Fly-Z line as well. This seems like a great evolution and one that I am excited to test out.

Yeah I was a huge fan of the Bio's and wanted to love the FlyZ's but they really felt to me like the same driver in a new skin. This though imo is that blend of the Bio and Bio+ I wanted to see but with weight adjustability. I haven't hit the F6+ yet, but the impressive thing here for me is the gamut this one can cover, it makes the + a much more specialized head imo. I honestly enjoyed this one as much as my GBB from a sound, launch, spin, and lateral forgiveness perspective.

Yeah I was a huge fan of the Bio's and wanted to love the FlyZ's but they really felt to me like the same driver in a new skin. This though imo is that blend of the Bio and Bio+ I wanted to see but with weight adjustability. I haven't hit the F6+ yet, but the impressive thing here for me is the gamut this one can cover, it makes the + a much more specialized head imo. I honestly enjoyed this one as much as my GBB from a sound, launch, spin, and lateral forgiveness perspective.

Fantastic info.
I enjoyed this review a ton and it covers the gamut for every piece of information out there about this driver.

Great review, If I wasn't playing a LTD this one would be a serious ponder.

As always, solid review James. Covered all of the tech in there very nicely. Sounds like the adjustability performs as promised.

Funny you should say that. I spent the past season alternating between the Bio and the Bio +. Really loved them both depending on my swing.

Funny you should say that. I spent the past season alternating between the Bio and Bio +, depending on my swing. Loved them both.

Funny you should say that Jman. I spent this past season alternating between the Bio and the Bio +. Love them both depending on how I was swinging at the time. I had some serious back issues and the Bio took less to achieve solid results, but on day when my swing was stronger the Bio + was the performer.

Fantastic info.
I enjoyed this review a ton and it covers the gamut for every piece of information out there about this driver.

That means a ton good sir. Thank you!

Funny you should say that Jman. I spent this past season alternating between the Bio and the Bio +. Love them both depending on how I was swinging at the time. I had some serious back issues and the Bio took less to achieve solid results, but on day when my swing was stronger the Bio + was the performer.

I was a MASSIVE fan of both (and gamed them almost that entire year) but the Fly-Z just felt like a re-hash to me of the Bio. Here, there is a definite focus in the line, and frankly it isn't crazy to call this the most complete line of drivers Cobra has ever put out with the F6, F6+, LTD, and LTD Pro all hitting specific needs/areas. If people will go TRY them, Cobra will surprise many this year IMO.

Thanks for taking the time to read the review and comment everyone, it really and truly means a lot.

James,

question:

1. When you say FlyZ are you
referring to the FlyZ+ as well?

James,

question:

1. When you say FlyZ are you
referring to the FlyZ+ as well?

Fly-Z, it was, IMO, a Bio-Cell rehash (and that is just my opinion/experience based on my time with both and what I hoped it was going to be). The Fly-Z+ was a bit of a different beast with the flip-zone, but even then it played a lot like the Bio+ for me (and I actually preferred the Bio+). But, with the F6 its like all those made a very playable and forgiving offspring. I fear many will write it off because it lacks the "+" symbol and they will simply assume it will by high-spin, but its not, particularly with the weight forward, its going to fit a wide range and more importantly keep the forgiveness across the face which, IMO, the F6+ will sacrifice. The F6 is to me a broad range club, whereas the F6+, LTD, and LTD pro will be more finite/specific ranges.

Took some swings with the F6 on the monitor yesterday. This was up there with the G30 and GBB in terms of ball speed retention on the face for me. It really just wanted to go straight for me. Spin wasn't crazy either for something in the more forgiving category - I was in the high 2s. And that was with the weight back. Absolutely a driver I would consider, and I think the stock setup was quite nice for me.

Took some swings with the F6 on the monitor yesterday. This was up there with the G30 and GBB in terms of ball speed retention on the face for me. It really just wanted to go straight for me. Spin wasn't crazy either for something in the more forgiving category - I was in the high 2s. And that was with the weight back. Absolutely a driver I would consider, and I think the stock setup was quite nice for me.
#Boom!

I'm excited to get this one in hand. I was killing the LTD when I was at the PGASS, and I'm pretty sure that based on Jman's review, the F6 will be an even better fit for me.

When I dropped off my shaft to be fitted with an adapter I was able to get this one in hand. Definitely prefer the Blue one. Looks great in the hand. Wasn't able to take any swings with it, but I can tell you I almost walked out with one.

Anyone know when that acid green one is coming out? I thought I read someplace sometime around March/April?

can anyone confirm or deny?

I really like the looks of this driver. Can't wait to read more about it.

Anyone know when that acid green one is coming out? I thought I read someplace sometime around March/April?

can anyone confirm or deny?

Masters Edition launch.

When I dropped off my shaft to be fitted with an adapter I was able to get this one in hand. Definitely prefer the Blue one. Looks great in the hand. Wasn't able to take any swings with it, but I can tell you I almost walked out with one.
The blue sure does pop.
I really like the looks of this driver. Can't wait to read more about it.
Hope you enjoy the review!

Thank for the review James.

I like that Cobra continues to improve on what they do best with their drivers. The consistently manage to build on previous offerings, not reinventing the wheel & put out leading edge technology with their designs.

I got to hit the F6 today. I dare say the F6 has slightly lower spin then the flyZ+ both with forward CG placement. This is just based on the few shots but saw better numbers with the F6. This is definitely a great driver. Much prefer it over the F6 +. I still think the LTD has better sound and feel but for the F6 line to me this is the better of the two. Like the reviewer said I think the F6 + will be for a very limited crowd. For one I am not in that crowd

I got to hit the F6 today. I dare say the F6 has slightly lower spin then the flyZ+ both with forward CG placement. This is just based on the few shots but saw better numbers with the F6. This is definitely a great driver. Much prefer it over the F6 +. I still think the LTD has better sound and feel but for the F6 line to me this is the better of the two. Like the reviewer said I think the F6 + will be for a very limited crowd. For one I am not in that crowd

I had less spin with F6 than Fly Z+ also. Only by a couple of hundred RPM on average, but that does tell me where they are headed.

Cobra KING F6 Driver - THP Review Thread

I had less spin with F6 than Fly Z+ also. Only by a couple of hundred RPM on average, but that does tell me where they are headed.

Yup. Exactly what I saw. 564 RPM overall on average to be exact

f3c74785c60575fb886084b4a80aa9a4.jpg

Last edited:
Back