Cobra KING F6 Driver - THP Review Thread

I've hit this one a LOT the last two days, a lot lot, mostly on the range, but still.

Its a Cobra driver for sure. Now, before you go "DUH!", entertain me. By that I mean the shape is very much Cobra in a good way, sits between shallow/deep and the head is elongated more but in a manner that though it looks big doesn't feel too large at setup as some drivers out there can. More importantly though, I will say until I die that Cobra and Callaway are the two companies who understand driver faces more than the rest of the pack. The E9 face just flat out does its job and when picking up a Cobra driver the last 4 or 5 years you have just known a lot of what to expect there.

Ball speeds have been nice, not any higher than a lot of what I have played this past year, but at the upper echelon for my swing. With that I'll add that its definitely going to be the higher launcher of the bunch of Cobra drivers (as it should be), excluding probably the MAX that is. With more time I'm averaging 15.2* launch and 3050 spin with the weight in the forward position and set to 10.5*. Thats leading to some really solid distance numbers overall, very pleased with what I am seeing there.

In terms of forgiveness, misses heel side do see that heel-fade but its pretty tame overall. High on the face doesn't see to drastic of a spin change though launch does jump. Toe side really hasn't been worked out yet, I'll get there soon enough though. Ball speeds retained have been solid.

I've said it before and will repeat myself here, for me personally, this is what I wanted the Fly-Z to be. Great look (the crown texture is awesome), great sound, and performance is there.

Tomorrow I'm really going to work on it with the weight back and see what I get #'s wise with that. Will also finally start to tinker with the MyFly adapter for data purposes (though we know by now that Cobra's adapter and SmartPad system DOES work and work well).

Your initial thoughts is really good news to me. I'm a big Cobra driver fan since they've always treated me extremely good. Bought the King LTD and it was actually to low spinning and launching for me. Damn shame because it's a forgiving driver and the longest driver I've ever tried. Might have to use the 90 day trade in policy for the first time in my life...

Your initial thoughts is really good news to me. I'm a big Cobra driver fan since they've always treated me extremely good. Bought the King LTD and it was actually to low spinning and launching for me. Damn shame because it's a forgiving driver and the longest driver I've ever tried. Might have to use the 90 day trade in policy for the first time in my life...

Between the F6 and F6+ Cobra has you covered. I would even hit the Max for grins when you are at the store.

Is the F6+ supposed to be lower spinning? Lower loft setting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am surprised they didn't do something more adjustable.
They did. The F6+ is more adjustable by not just flipping the weights, but sliding one.

So the adapter, MyFly8, it's compatible with the FlyZ, and BioCell shafts as well?

Finally got to try the F6 with the Red and White Tie yesterday in a outdoor simulator. This club is definitely the real deal. I'll be ordering either the F6 or F6+ this weekend. All I have left to find out is the chrome or white tie works better for me. Between the Red and White Tie the White Tie worked and felt better for me.

Nice Platoon!

Well after reading these initial thoughts James I think it might be time I go and hit one. Really liking what you are seeing so far. As some one who plays the Biocell and really enjoys it if this is that much of an improvement I'm excited!

I recently finished up in this review and I believe it'll go up this week but I wanted to drop a few more thoughts in here as I'm sure some have gone out to hit it and the F6+ now.

This imo is what I wanted and hoped the Fly-Z would be in terms of an evolution from the Bio (which was a fantastic driver). I've seen better ball speed averages (around 1.5 mph) from the fly and the weight system works. Cobra says about 600 rpm change from where it is set, I saw about 425 rpm difference and clearly that will vary user to user.

Moreover they got the sound right on this one and it wants to launch and the e9 face continues to be one of the best out there for ball speed retention.

I know people are flocking to try the f6+ and the Ltd but they should also hit this. It's had no problem in its stock form holding up to my swing (110 range) with the red tie and putting out some incredibly promising numbers. Unlike with the Fly-Z there is honest to goodness opportunities to tune this one in further thanks to the weight setup.

Quick question on the F6. If the F6 and F6+ both have the weights in the towering position using the same shaft will it basically have the same flight and distance characteristics? Reason I ask is because the shaft I want in the F6 makes the price the same as the F6+ using the same shaft.

Quick question on the F6. If the F6 and F6+ both have the weights in the towering position using the same shaft will it basically have the same flight and distance characteristics? Reason I ask is because the shaft I want in the F6 makes the price the same as the F6+ using the same shaft.

F6+ is a lower spinning and launching head by nature even with the weight forward in the F6, also, you won't get quite the same ball-speed retention on misses laterally as you will the F6.

I demo'd this club today at Carl's. It's getting serious consideration for my bag! Love the way that it felt throughout my swing and upon impact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love what i am reading about this driver! Thank you jman, this looks like the driver I need

Nice write up Jman, very informative!

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

A lot of good info there Jman. Sounds like a good club for many.

Great review James. I already knew I wanted to give this driver a go and this review just amped that up tenfold for me.

That was a fantastic article. Covered every piece of tech and just really enjoyable all of the way around to read and learn about.

Nice review Jman, as always. I really like, and am still playing the Bio, so I can't wait to hit this and the 6+. Forgiveness and distance in the right combination Cobra seems to have figured out.

Good reveiw. I like what Cobra is doing and how,they keep tech from previous releases and build on that. I like the pairing with the red tie shaft.

Having hit the f6+ I'm interested in giving this one a go.

Solid review. I have been hoping to get more info on the F6. This review covers every aspect with clear and easy to understand detail. Thanks!

Jman,
My question for you in regards to this driver is how would you compare it to the previous versions.
I know you enjoyed Bio Cell and Bio Cell + and Fly-Z line as well. This seems like a great evolution and one that I am excited to test out.

Back