Cobra KING F6 Driver - THP Review Thread

$125 on Dick's flash sale today.

Hey all - new member here. Been playing golf off and on for 20+ years, and I really like this forum! Very informative and most of all, positive and helpful!

I've been following this thread, and as a result jumped on the Cobra F6 pricing at Dick's. Picked up an F6 Driver and 3-4 wood, both with Red Tie in stiff.

My question is this - has anyone tried cutting down the shafts and adding more weight to the heads? I'm wondering what result would come from having the heavier weight back, and adding a 6 gram to the front on both so I can cut the shaft 1/2". Lots of talk about weight front vs. back, but I'm wondering if anyone has added weight(s).

Thanks for any feedback you have!

Theory wise cutting the driver down and adding weight should:

- Cause higher launch and increased spin
- Make the shaft feel softer
- Increase overall static weight, impact is down to each person

If you want the same swing weight as now, cutting down 1/2" should lose around 3 SW points and adding 6 grams should add it back.

Dave

I know this is an old thread with an old driver head but I just bought a F6 driver head to upgrade from my Bio Cell so we will see how it goes. Couldn't really afford anything newer right now but gets me into newer tech than what I am in now.

It was a solid driver Krispy.

I know this is an old thread with an old driver head but I just bought a F6 driver head to upgrade from my Bio Cell so we will see how it goes. Couldn't really afford anything newer right now but gets me into newer tech than what I am in now.
You'll enjoy it I think, it was, imo, a much better jump than the Fly-Z (I'm speaking on non +) was. Have fun with it!!!

I picked one up late last season and only got to use it once, but in that one round it felt more forgiving to me than my GBB. Small sample size I know, but I think you'll really like it. Cobra drivers have always been very solid for me!

It was a solid driver Krispy.

You'll enjoy it I think, it was, imo, a much better jump than the Fly-Z (I'm speaking on non +) was. Have fun with it!!!

I picked one up late last season and only got to use it once, but in that one round it felt more forgiving to me than my GBB. Small sample size I know, but I think you'll really like it. Cobra drivers have always been very solid for me!

Thank you all for the good reflection on this. I'm looking forward to putting it into play.

F6 head came today. Now just need the snow to melt.

Think I found my driver! I needed something newer so I buy couple clubs off ebay and see what like best and sell others. First was callaway epic. It goes far but have too many mis hits and not consistent for me. Next was ping g30, went straight and pretty consistent but not great distance. Now got the f6 and just feels great! Long and straight and just seems easy to hit.

Think I found my driver! I needed something newer so I buy couple clubs off ebay and see what like best and sell others. First was callaway epic. It goes far but have too many mis hits and not consistent for me. Next was ping g30, went straight and pretty consistent but not great distance. Now got the f6 and just feels great! Long and straight and just seems easy to hit.

I hear ya. I love mine. I've been hitting the ball farther than I ever had with my old Biocell.

Back