2016 THP Kickoff Classic Sponsored By Kentwool

A practice round will be breaking out at my home course this Saturday. WillWhite and I will be teeing it up. Looking forward to meeting him for the first time. I'll post in the live round thread on Saturday.

Nice!!!

It is supposed to be in the 50s here this weekend, but I am not sure any courses are going to be open. The one course I thought was a sure bet to be open already made the call and will not be open. Looks like the range, but that is better than nothing in January.

I used to sport them back in the late 90s like a boss. I'd rock one now

You sport everything like a boss Freddie, I can see you rocking one in a few weeks. See you there.

Boys, you are in for a treat when you put these Kentwool socks on your feet. These socks don't slide and they have that perfect hold on your feet. The feet hurt today but that's due to the cement in the convention center. We will be comfortable on the fairways of Grand National!

Confirmed, wore them today and my feet feel just fine

In preparation for this event, I have been putting like a madman on my indoor green. I think I have learned two things about my putting during this practice. I putt more consistently and my stroke feels more controlled with a face balanced or slight toe hang putter than with putter that has significant toe hang. The consistency of my stroke and the results seem much better with a SuperStroke 1.0 grip on the putter as opposed to a 2.0.

In preparation for this event, I have been putting like a madman on my indoor green. I think I have learned two things about my putting during this practice. I putt more consistently and my stroke feels more controlled with a face balanced or slight toe hang putter than with putter that has significant toe hang. The consistency of my stroke and the results seem much better with a SuperStroke 1.0 grip on the putter as opposed to a 2.0.

That is some serious putter soul searching. Well done buddy!

That is some serious putter soul searching. Well done buddy!

A lot of trial and error with my expansive stable of different putters and putter grips...haha

A lot of trial and error with my expansive stable of different putters and putter grips...haha

I'm undecided so two putters will be coming along with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm undecided so two putters will be coming along with me.

I will have at least 2. Have eliminated 6 but will have at least 1, possibly 2, more added to the hoard by then.... Yes, I have a problem!

I will have at least 2. Have eliminated 6 but will have at least 1, possibly 2, more added to the hoard by then.... Yes, I have a problem!

Contingencies have to be covered

Only 3 more Friday's and we will be there. Think I will have to do two holes of the day.

So where are those match bets at?

3 weeks from today? Yes, please! Excited for this weekend to get here, going to be an absolute blast.

3 weeks from today? Yes, please! Excited for this weekend to get here, going to be an absolute blast.

That is an understatement, the kickoff classic has so many story lines.

It can't come soon enough, a little practice session today but snow in the forecast again, so no outdoor practice/play, BOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Put a coat on! :alien:

Orange balls?! ha. It's actually melting a bit here.... but the storm next week could drop 15+ inches. But knowing the weather folks, it'll probably just rain :p

That might work, if the courses weren't closed! Snow on the ground means, not open for play.

FlatSo 3.0 went on my putter today. It'll go in action tomorrow and I'll report back then :)

There is something therapeutic about playing golf. I wish everyone could play year around

There is something therapeutic about playing golf. I wish everyone could play year around

How about I move in with you and clean the pool and tidy up around the house!

JM

I'm excited to play tomorrow! Only my 2nd round of the new year.

How about I move in with you and clean the pool and tidy up around the house!

JM
There might be a line forming to be Tadashi's pool boy.

Snuck out today with my father in law and neighbor...Shot an 80 on a tough track (Wentworth), which I would have taken before the start. Could have been something special, 3 birdies on the front for a 37, then stumbled a little with two doubles on the back and a 43. Iron game is still pretty poor, but my chipping/pitching, putting and driving was solid. Another round sunday, gotta keep on the grind and figure out my iron game in the next few weeks.

How much does a panda visit cost?

A beautiful day here today, in the mid 60s. I went out to work on my game, mostly short game. Impossible to tell what I actually shot from dropping balls inside of 100 and hitting 2 to 4 balls to the green but I would guess mid to high 80s. My back felt the best it has been in 4 months, worked hard on some bad habits that had creeped into the game, mostly not turning on shorter shots and trying to just use arms. I am turning pretty good again and did hit some good approaches when I relax and just turn like I am supposed to.

Time to get to work guys, times a wasting.

Back