The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Notice from my insurance company that they are not covering any of the $2500 for some recent medical tests I had. So why the hell do I have insurance? Oh, it's the law.

Dang, that is a tough blow Barry. Insurance is crazy sometimes, I have had some epic battles with them.

Notice from my insurance company that they are not covering any of the $2500 for some recent medical tests I had. So why the hell do I have insurance? Oh, it's the law.

that sux. So much for "affordable" insurance.

I hope I don't have anything serious happen or my wife. Our deductibles and out of pocket are silly high.

Last shift before I start 10 days of vacation.

Of course my replacement can't show up on time, knowing I have about 45 minutes of update brief to give him before I can leave.

Up to three hours late for a 12 hour shift. When people talk about why they hate certain units in the Army, this is why.

Our state is awesome.

Got an email from a legislator, turns out they are hearing a bill this week based on teacher retention to stop the bleeding to other states so to speak, cool right? Wrong.

Its a program for college kids, a stipend available in return for signing a 5 year contract post graduation through an education program at the different Universities in the state.

Sure, let's give new teachers thousands and pour MILLIONS into the program instead of fighting to retain our tenured educators who have a clue and aren't coming out of college clueless liberal wannabes with their naiveity on the world and how it works.

Effing ridiculous.

Being a kept man sounds better and better. And now if not for my golf kids it would be a done deal.

Our state is awesome.

Got an email from a legislator, turns out they are hearing a bill this week based on teacher retention to stop the bleeding to other states so to speak, cool right? Wrong.

Its a program for college kids, a stipend available in return for signing a 5 year contract post graduation through an education program at the different Universities in the state.

Sure, let's give new teachers thousands and pour MILLIONS into the program instead of fighting to retain our tenured educators who have a clue and aren't coming out of college clueless liberal wannabes with their naiveity on the world and how it works.

Effing ridiculous.

Being a kept man sounds better and better. And now if not for my golf kids it would be a done deal.

thats just silly. What better way to keep the liberalism indoctrination going than to use the newly indoctrinated to do it

Up to three hours late for a 12 hour shift. When people talk about why they hate certain units in the Army, this is why.
This is why I was happy to retire, accountability in the Armed Forces parallels society. The days of wall to wall counseling are long gone, and people know they aren't going to be dealt with swiftly.

Our state is awesome.

Effing ridiculous.

Absolutely asinine dude, it's ridiculous the way everything is going. But by getting rid of or letting the tenured peeps leave they can hirer some twit out of school at half the cost burn them out after a few years and repeat.

My wife is so frustrated as a school nurse between parents, spoiled a$$ kids, teachers who won't keep kids in class and send them to the clinic for nothing, administration who won't drop the hammer and enforce the rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Effing Post Office! Been waiting on a package scheduled to delivered today. Apparently the packaged was too big to cram in the mailbox so an attempted delivery notice was left instead. Did not even think to do the right thing and get their arse out of the vehicle and walk it to the front door. We were all 3 home when this delivery "attempt" occured...

Push back - we had a couple of cases where they didn't pay and after a few letters it was mysteriously fixed due to an "error in paperwork on the initial submission". If they can sit on money longer they will.

My rant is that I'm on vacation and today's "high" came at 6am. And it was 0. Down to -5, should be -15 around dinner time.

Push back - we had a couple of cases where they didn't pay and after a few letters it was mysteriously fixed due to an "error in paperwork on the initial submission". If they can sit on money longer they will.

My rant is that I'm on vacation and today's "high" came at 6am. And it was 0. Down to -5, should be -15 around dinner time.

Yes certainly plan to. This was for a stress test and lung capacity test administered in MY doctors office, though by a third party provider. Why didn't my doctor check to see if this was covered? Sometimes they can recode and resubmit so I'll be working with the doctors office on this. Just ludicrous. The doc says they need to make sure my chest pains aren't heart related, so of course I'm going to say yes to the test. Didn't even think to ask how much, or if covered. Our system really sucks.

Yes certainly plan to. This was for a stress test and lung capacity test administered in MY doctors office, though by a third party provider. Why didn't my doctor check to see if this was covered? Sometimes they can recode and resubmit so I'll be working with the doctors office on this. Just ludicrous. The doc says they need to make sure my chest pains aren't heart related, so of course I'm going to say yes to the test. Didn't even think to ask how much, or if covered. Our system really sucks.

It's amazing how maternal health is mandated for people who cannot even physically get pregnant but stuff like this isn't covered.

#affordable

That's the reason I stayed away from the high deductible plan at work. On one hand you can "bargain shop", but I'm not aware of any way to actually find the cost of anything w any of the providers I use.

Absolutely asinine dude, it's ridiculous the way everything is going. But by getting rid of or letting the tenured peeps leave they can hirer some twit out of school at half the cost burn them out after a few years and repeat.

My wife is so frustrated as a school nurse between parents, spoiled a$$ kids, teachers who won't keep kids in class and send them to the clinic for nothing, administration who won't drop the hammer and enforce the rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My aunt who was a guidance counselor retired a couple years earlier than planned for this reason. Just got tired of dealing with it.

That's the reason I stayed away from the high deductible plan at work. On one hand you can "bargain shop", but I'm not aware of any way to actually find the cost of anything w any of the providers I use.

I'm not sure if other payers have a similar tool, but Aetna has a search on their website that tells you how much you can expect to pay if you know the procedure. It was useful for me as recently I had to have a CT Scan of the neck, and knowing that it would all be applied to my deductible I wanted to know how much I would have to pay. It varied from $200 - $850, with the hospital closest to me being the most expensive. I made the 30 minute drive to the cheapest one.

I should note that they emphasize it's an estimate, but I found it to be accurate for a couple of other doc visits I had recently.

WTF is with chandeliers in every room in the house on post renovations on any home renovation show?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WTF is with chandeliers in every room in the house on post renovations on any home renovation show?

Certainly rant worthy? As a renovation guy, I've never done them.

Those shows are a joke. To say they irritate me would be a giant understatement... A giant, profanity laced understatement.

Those shows are a joke. To say they irritate me would be a giant understatement... A giant, profanity laced understatement.

Hahahaha. So, you don't like Love it or List it?

Only one we watch is Fixer Upper. Chip and Joanna are awesome.

Hahaha I love those shows they inform my clients just how easy it is. Hahaha

Only one we watch is Fixer Upper. Chip and Joanna are awesome.

The only renovation show I watched was on Spike TV and that was to catch a contractor. Spoiler alert: you should probably hire a licensed contractor under all circumstances and do a little background checking on the contractor before you hire them.

Hahaha I love those shows they inform my clients just how easy it is. Hahaha
It's nauseating. "No, we can't do a full Kitchen relocation and reno in 2 days."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back