2016 Grandaddy Of Em All - We Want You

I play slot machines with the full expectation that I'm going to win. Isn't that what they're supposed to do? :alien:

I call my donation to the slots 'electronic babysitter fees' since I have zero luck on them darn things (but my wife does :banana:)

This is so sad to me.
1 person with over half a million readers. And not getting in does that. That makes me feel terrible, and frankly horrible. I know its the case, which is upsetting, but nobody buys a lottery ticket thinking they are going to win.

On a separate note, I will be at Callaway Golf in a few weeks and the first contest will come in THP Radio form (sort of) with me and Scotty G.

BOOM! First contest coming. Can't wait to start getting my entries into this event. Will have my fingers, toes, hairs and eyes crossed. :bulgy-eyes:

On a separate note, I will be at Callaway Golf in a few weeks and the first contest will come in THP Radio form (sort of) with me and Scotty G.
And let the games begin!!!

First contest, awesome, can't wait.

Im warning everybody ahead of time.
You are going to want to be subscribed to THP Radio
You are going to want to be subscribed to THP TV
You are going to want to pay attention to the forum and the home page.

Check, check and check. Let the games begin :D

Is this like a teacher stomping their for during exam review? Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

SDN,
This is rough for me to hear. I get what you are saying but let me enlighten.
We never said the contests were random in years past. In fact the opposite, there was a panel of judges and creativity was part of the determining factor.
Many of our events are random however and this one might be this year.
Adding on, if you look at who gets in, nobody could ever accuse anything of fixing or choosing anything at all. First time event goers made up half the Grandaddy team last year. Think about that, guys that NEVER applied or went to anything else, made up half the team.
This years gauntlet? More than half of those that applied have never been to a THP Event either.

We do things live on the forum via video and it was called fix. We do it by Contest with Callaway as the judges, it was called fixed. We do it by random number generator, and it was called fixed. There is nothing we can do on our end when literally hundreds and hundreds of people want in and 10 get their name called and everybody thinks they "deserve" it.

If people want the event to continue, they will support it with conversation and by entering. If they dont, thats cool too and we can put our efforts somewhere else to continue to put together the greatest event ever created. But anybody that says "real and perceived" are the same thing is not trying to walk in the shoes of the person that has to make those announcements.

JB,

First, I believe my original comment (below) which I still stand behind, has been lost. I was simply replying to JMAN about whether I felt those who have been selected to a previous Grandaddy should try for a second or third time. IMO, there should be "new blood" every year or two. Simple as that.

While I completely understand the desire/need/want of those who have been blessed with a chance in the Grandaddy to want to be in there a second or third time, I thinks it's best for the moral of all of THP to have members who have never experienced it to get a chance. The last thing we need here is the appearance of a "Good Old Boys" club.

Also, my mistake for using the word "random". I know you, Morgan, Callaway, and etc. judge the submissions and pick who you guys think should win. With that said, I assume you take into consideration whether a person had been selected before or not. Obviously, it's your site and ultimately you have the right to select who you think deserves to at an event.

For the record, I have never called a contest "fixed" nor do I think that is the case. Sorry if my comments came out that way. I understand how people quickly turn "dark" when they don't get picked. I think your comments cleared the air on how some contests are indeed random (i.e. random number generator) and others are based on judges selecting what they think are the best submissions.

Hope we are good :drinks:

Love this thread popping up. This event changed me, that's for sure.

I thought I knew what to expect going in. Even read and re-read the past 2 years live update and event recap threads. The reality of the event was so much more than I could have expected.

Awesome to see contests starting again. I'm so pumped for Canadan and DrewZ for being in already. I can't wait to see who joins them. Really hope it's me, but I'll be over the moon excited for anyone that gets in, and be rooting them on no matter what.

I hope this event continues on for a long time.

While I have listen to some of the shows hosted by Ddec. I'm not sure how I do this.

JB,

First, I believe my original comment (below) which I still stand behind, has been lost. I was simply replying to JMAN about whether I felt those who have been selected to a previous Grandaddy should try for a second or third time. IMO, there should be "new blood" every year or two. Simple as that.

Also, my mistake for using the word "random". I know you, Morgan, Callaway, and etc. judge the submissions and pick who you guys think should win. With that said, I assume you take into consideration whether a person had been selected before or not. Obviously, it's your site and ultimately you have the right to select who you think deserves to at an event.

For the record, I have never called a contest "fixed" nor do I think that is the case. Sorry if my comments came out that way. I understand how people quickly turn "dark" when they don't get picked. I think your comments cleared the air on how some contests are indeed random (i.e. random number generator) and others are based on judges selecting what they think are the best submissions.

Hope we are good :drinks:

Of course we are partner. Beauty of THP, conversation is good and we love you brother.

While I have listen to some of the shows hosted by Ddec. I'm not sure how I do this.

There is a full thread on how to subscribe and you can click on the iTunes or Android button on the home page in the articles that correspond with each show.
You might want to listen to the one with the sponsor for that event.

Scotty G is good people, would love to go head to head again only this time in December on the West Coast.

Speaking of Scotty G, the video clip of him on #18 at Dubsdread during the Gauntlet is 100% absolute gold

There is a full thread on how to subscribe and you can click on the iTunes or Android button on the home page in the articles that correspond with each show.
You might want to listen to the one with the sponsor for that event.

I'm an idiot. I did a search and pulled up other threads about subscribing but not the one about THP Radio. I'm not very good with social media aspects. So, I guess I will have to wait till I meet up with someone who can show me in person. I clicked the iTunes on the homepage in the articles like you said. but I'm still lost.

Done, done and are you kidding me.... like I would do something else!!!!

Excited to hear about the first contest! Hoping I am lucky enough to win the lottery :)

Keeping a buckeye in my bag for luck!

I fumbled around on my iphone and got subscribed to thpradio, but I don't get thptv???? anyone want to shed some light on this

I fumbled around on my iphone and got subscribed to thpradio, but I don't get thptv???? anyone want to shed some light on this
I believe that is the youtube channel

Team THP - 2016 Grandaddy Of Em All - We Want You

Team THP - 2016 Grandaddy Of Em All - We Want You

That's the YouTube channel

Edit: 441 beat me to it

Back