The House Searching / Buying/ Building Thread

The house sale fell through. They pretty much failed to budge again on their price despite us making a sizable increase in our own offer. So ... told them thanks but no thanks. At this point we're going to keep making improvements on our current house (anyone know how to make concrete countertops?) and hit the housing market again in about six months. In the meantime, we're going to keep our eyes open for decent foreclosures just in case something strikes our fancy.

Sorry to hear that. Just part of the "game". I have no idea how to make concrete countertops. I'm sure there is a youtube video or you can find something on google. :alien:

Haha maybe around the Masters? Verdict ridge is awful close by and a membership has my name on it.

You are welcome any time dude.

Verdict Ridge is literally 10 minutes from my house. Hit me up

Hi all, I work for a mortgage company, if you are looking for a mortgage or wanting to refi, shoot me a PM we can get you a great deal!

Haha maybe around the Masters? Verdict ridge is awful close by and a membership has my name on it.

You are welcome any time dude.

Played VR several times. My brother lives in Cornelius.

The house sale fell through. They pretty much failed to budge again on their price despite us making a sizable increase in our own offer. So ... told them thanks but no thanks. At this point we're going to keep making improvements on our current house (anyone know how to make concrete countertops?) and hit the housing market again in about six months. In the meantime, we're going to keep our eyes open for decent foreclosures just in case something strikes our fancy.

Sorry to hear it Tom, something better is coming then, there's no doubt.

Huge congrats Marc. Happy for you guys man. Tom, hang in there, it will happen.

JM

Went and looked at 2 homes last night. One is a no go and one we both really liked.

Going to view two more on Sunday. One that we are really stoked about.

Went and looked at 2 homes last night. One is a no go and one we both really liked.

Hope you find one you like Sanz!

Awesome, there are some great rates out there right now but finding the house is the tricky part

Start looking at houses recently. Probably putting in an offer on one tonight. Really hoping it works out, but the market is tough. We put in an offer a few weeks ago on a house and had someone else come in and offer more than the house was worth. From what my realtor friends tell me, that's been happening a lot lately in Southwestern WI.

ooops, there's trouble in paradise. We woke up to an email stating there are Title issues with the house we are buying that may not be resolved quickly. Not sure what they are but it sounds pretty serious. The wait begins.

ooops, there's trouble in paradise. We woke up to an email stating there are Title issues with the house we are buying that may not be resolved quickly. Not sure what they are but it sounds pretty serious. The wait begins.
That's a bummer, but I'm sure there are things that can be done. Liens can get pretty nasty though. However, if the owner is wanting to sell they will move mountains to get them resolved.

That's a bummer, but I'm sure there are things that can be done. Liens can get pretty nasty though. However, if the owner is wanting to sell they will move mountains to get them resolved.

Yeah man, we're hopeful it will get handled quickly but this one involves local and federal lol, it will be interesting to follow that's for sure.

The saving grace is there's another house on the same street we love if something happens to this one, we re hopeful though.

Edit: just got off the phone with the realtor, the owners have some serious tax issues and owe enough to lose the house all together. Thank goodness for title searches and mortgage companies that do a good job. It can still work out but may delay it a couple months.

Last edited:
Hoping today goes well as we are holding our first open house. Selling a house is stressful.

Hoping today goes well as we are holding our first open house. Selling a house is stressful.

Good luck Matt! Sorry to see you go, but I can't knock year-round golf!

Hope it goes well. I would hate for all your booger scrapping to go to waste. Hope there's a good turn out. Have you guys had many hits on your house prior to this?

Hope it goes well. I would hate for all your booger scrapping to go to waste. Hope there's a good turn out. Have you guys had many hits on your house prior to this?

Right??? Man prepping this house has been exhausting and I feel after I finish a room the kids destroy it the next day.

We are going the route of selling by owner initially, as we live in a highly sought after allotment. I've had a few callers interested, but several hits on the various websites we've listed on. Today will be the tell all of how long we go after the by owner route.

Right??? Man prepping this house has been exhausting and I feel after I finish a room the kids destroy it the next day.

We are going the route of selling by owner initially, as we live in a highly sought after allotment. I've had a few callers interested, but several hits on the various websites we've listed on. Today will be the tell all of how long we go after the by owner route.
I see. Best of luck. Hopefully you find a couple interested parties and they have a bidding war.

Yeah man, we're hopeful it will get handled quickly but this one involves local and federal lol, it will be interesting to follow that's for sure.

The saving grace is there's another house on the same street we love if something happens to this one, we re hopeful though.

Edit: just got off the phone with the realtor, the owners have some serious tax issues and owe enough to lose the house all together. Thank goodness for title searches and mortgage companies that do a good job. It can still work out but may delay it a couple months.

That stinks but good thing it was caught! When I bought my first house the developer provided a false affidavit and I wound up with a couple liens and a title insurance claim. Even with the title insurance it was no fun. It stinks but you're lucky! It'll all work out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck buddy you guys are tryijg for sale by owner right?

Boy are here some real "Gems" on Zillow. Wow Lutz Florida has it all!

Boy are here some real "Gems" on Zillow. Wow Lutz Florida has it all!

Shame on you for using Zillow for one.

What'd you find in Lutz?

Back