Super Stroke Putter grips all you want to know

Looking at the Pistols with Counter Core, but unsure of size comparisons, Has anyone played a Lamkin Jumbo Putter grip and if so could you guess which pistol model is closest in size?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at the Pistols with Counter Core, but unsure of size comparisons, Has anyone played a Lamkin Jumbo Putter grip and if so could you guess which pistol model is closest in size?

Going to say 1.0 if they are the size I'm thinking. Is the jumbo about the size of the UTx paddle?

Going to say 1.0 if they are the size I'm thinking. Is the jumbo about the size of the UTx paddle?

Probably pretty close to that size, I love the jumbo but am very curious to mess with the counter core, although the jumbo is 2 grams heavier than the pistol 1.0 with the counter core in, and 52 grams heavier than the pistol 1.0 without the counter core in. I have always liked the feel of SuperStroke grips so it's a solid ponder.

Probably pretty close to that size, I love the jumbo but am very curious to mess with the counter core, although the jumbo is 2 grams heavier than the pistol 1.0 with the counter core in, and 52 grams heavier than the pistol 1.0 without the counter core in. I have always liked the feel of SuperStroke grips so it's a solid ponder.

Yea the 1.0 is going to be closer then I believe. It actually might fall in between the 1.0 and 2.0, but I think it's closer to the 1.0 in size.

If you've ever held a flatso 1.0, the pistol 1.0 is going to be about the same as that width wise.

Yea the 1.0 is going to be closer then I believe. It actually might fall in between the 1.0 and 2.0, but I think it's closer to the 1.0 in size.

If you've ever held a flatso 1.0, the pistol 1.0 is going to be about the same as that width wise.

Thanks for the help bud. 1.0 pistol black/white/red is ordered along a black shaft for a MXM #6 project I'm cleaning up, thinking of doing a red paint job instead of the yellow-green

Counter core ordered today. Can't wait to try next week. Slim 3.0 as I already use.

Man I really thought I was a Flatso 2.0 fan but this Mid Slim 2.0 is money! Can't wait to try the new pistol style!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Excited to try this out in the Pistol GT tour.

977859e0b93fba4439e68d9ad6b2f3ea.jpg

That is cool. Quarters or heavy washers depending on how much weight you want under the grip work pretty well.

The 25g is fantastic. Brings the grip to 75g, which is right about what my other grips that I have used recently have been. Still sucks the way you have to go about getting that set up, but so far it was worth it.

I currently play and love the flatso 2.0. I have a MXM 7 on the way and trying to decide whether to go with the regular flatso 2.0 or the new counter core. I'm worried that 50g extra would be too much and I would lose some feel of the head. Any input from those who have switched? Also what is the shape of the pistol 2.0 like? I went to the only golf store within an hour of my house to check them out and they didn't have any flatsos or any of the new grips in stock. Thanks, just trying to get some opinions before dropping $35 on a putter grip.

I currently play and love the flatso 2.0. I have a MXM 7 on the way and trying to decide whether to go with the regular flatso 2.0 or the new counter core. I'm worried that 50g extra would be too much and I would lose some feel of the head. Any input from those who have switched? Also what is the shape of the pistol 2.0 like? I went to the only golf store within an hour of my house to check them out and they didn't have any flatsos or any of the new grips in stock. Thanks, just trying to get some opinions before dropping $35 on a putter grip.

I love the pistol shape. It actually shares a lot of the similarities to the flatso, but just has squarer sides and the back side comes out in a pistol shape at the end. The 50g weight might seem a bit heavy at first, but since the metal X milled has adjustable weights on the head, it would allow you to play with the combinations of the grip and head to get it perfect. I love the options the counter core offers, because you could always just take the weight out and put the regular end cap in if you don't want it at any point.

I love the pistol shape. It actually shares a lot of the similarities to the flatso, but just has squarer sides and the back side comes out in a pistol shape at the end. The 50g weight might seem a bit heavy at first, but since the metal X milled has adjustable weights on the head, it would allow you to play with the combinations of the grip and head to get it perfect. I love the options the counter core offers, because you could always just take the weight out and put the regular end cap in if you don't want it at any point.

Is the flat front as wide as that of the flatso? The squarer sides sounds like something I would like. Also, wasn't sure if you could use just the cap.Thanks for the info.

Is the flat front as wide as that of the flatso? The squarer sides sounds like something I would like. Also, wasn't sure if you could use just the cap.Thanks for the info.

The front of the pistol 2.0 will be .05" smaller than the front of the flatso 2.0. Noticeable? Maybe, but probably not much.

And yep, you can use just the cap. So it gives you that option.

The front of the pistol 2.0 will be .05" smaller than the front of the flatso 2.0. Noticeable? Maybe, but probably not much.

And yep, you can use just the cap. So it gives you that option.

Thanks, I think I'm going to get a pistol 2.0 headed my way.

Well big shout out to Super stroke. The screw portion of the Pistol GT I had on my Betti ripped out when trying to remove the weight the other night, and Super stroke will be replacing it. reached out on Twitter and they got back to me pretty fast and were more than helpful. Love great customer service, and this will go a long way with me. Already a big fan of the grips, but now a bigger fan of the company.

Excited to try this out in the Pistol GT tour.

977859e0b93fba4439e68d9ad6b2f3ea.jpg

Did you notice a big difference with the 25g weight and 50g weight? Thinking about grabbing one for Pistol GT

Did you notice a big difference with the 25g weight and 50g weight? Thinking about grabbing one for Pistol GT

Yea it's pretty noticeable. It helps for slower greens with the lighter weight because it lets me putt a little faster without feeling like I'm changing anything.

I play the Mid Slim 2.0 with the 50g weight on my Scotty Cameron Newport 2, Love it so much. I've played Superstroke on my putters for quite awhile.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I bought a 3.0 slim to use on my backstryke dart. It felt good in the store...had it on for one practice session then took it off for a 2.0 ultra slim. That one feels so much better. Its been on for 2 months now.

Last edited:
So I now have some Pistol GT 1.0's as well as a GT tour. If anyone is curious, there is a huge difference between the two, apart from just the .1" difference in diameter.

The tour feels very solid, more so like a normal rubber grip, just a bit bigger and obviously with the counter core weights.

The 1.0 feels - for lack of a better word - squishy in comparison. It feels much more like a midsize grip than the tour size.

Between them I do like both, but I sort of just expected the same grip with the 1.0, just a slightly bigger size. Instead they feel very different. I will keep the 1.0 on a mallet I have to take my hands out of the putting stroke when I am struggling, but the Pistol GT tour is my favorite of the two, and would be what I would prefer on my regular gamer putter/s.

I've been rolling the Pistol GT Tour recently as it came on the Toulon Garage Madison which THP is reviewing and coming from the Tour SNSR being my gamer, I had high hopes for this one as a LONG time SS user. I think the shape is solid, not quite as good for me as the SNSR Contour, but very close. But, if I'm being honest, the end cap on the SS's just kill me, they show so much wear and this one is already separating from the main body of the grip. Its a bummer as I am WELL documented as being a massive fan of their counter-core weight system as well as the feel in general, but for me, durability has been a major issue with the softer outer layer as well as the end caps, its lead to me slowly taking them off of most of my collection.

this one is already separating from the main body of the grip.

FWIW, the top part of these is never connected fully to the main portion of the grip. There is a tiny gap from where they must connect it after the main portion is constructed. All of mine have that and it's always been that way, as long as this is what you're referring to:

b5ee82d4d1a96a5e919c3b7554f4a1d0.jpg

Back