What is an "Albatross"??

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
Food and Drink sub forum seems like a great place for this thread.

Often in the "what are you drinking" thread we talk about having "an albatross". And now I realize some don't know what that is. So here we go..

Years ago, I was asked to be a Captain in the Morgan Cup. Many discussions were had about the event, the team, and being a captain. And one thing was always present... Captain Morgan and Diet Coke.

Fast forward to team selections, other events and what not, and the drink continued. So, it was appropriately named "An Albatross."

So here's the recipe, it's easy...

Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
Diet Coke
No Lime
No Straw.

And, if I am making it, you get a "war topper" which is an extra shot of captain Morgan on the top of the mixed drink that serves as a direct slap in the face.

So there you have it. Enjoy my friends.

Stay thirsty my friends...

You're welcome.

Captainlogo_2005.PNG

938ba88115ee8f1d01a6e17276567e5e.jpg

Glad you cleared this up for me, haha the war topper sounds aggressive

The War Topper:

5074015.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I need me a War Topper!!!

I had a really bad experience with a flock of Albatrosses in college. Those birds beat me up real good.

That War Topper sounds like a serious kick in the pants lol. I like it!

Oh rum...

Diet coke...yuck

Where did all the rum go?

Sounds good to me... I'll take 2 good sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds pretty dang simple. And tasty, too.

Food and Drink sub forum seems like a great place for this thread.

Often in the "what are you drinking" thread we talk about having "an albatross". And now I realize some don't know what that is. So here we go..

Years ago, I was asked to be a Captain in the Morgan Cup. Many discussions were had about the event, the team, and being a captain. And one thing was always present... Captain Morgan and Diet Coke.

Fast forward to team selections, other events and what not, and the drink continued. So, it was appropriately named "An Albatross."

So here's the recipe, it's easy...

Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
Diet Coke
No Lime
No Straw.

And, if I am making it, you get a "war topper" which is an extra shot of captain Morgan on the top of the mixed drink that serves as a direct slap in the face.

So there you have it. Enjoy my friends.

Wait, I out lime in mine. Can I still sit at cool kids table.

Do not mix rum and lemon gatorade. It is a poor choice

Back