On the Range w/ THPers - New DJI Osmo

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Club Test with THPers today, we took the new DJI Osmo camera out for a test drive on the range in the morning before the rain killed us. You can see how gray and cloudy it is. There might even be a War Eagle/JB selfie in here. :D Shot in 4K, so check your YouTube settings (it usually comes up in HD, but you can increase that to 4K) at the bottom and expand to full screen to see the clarity. (There is no sound as its just a video check)

This was all shot while moving around, so the Gimbal system stability works rather well. We have a thread on the camera here.

[video=youtube;EG4-rwIXbGk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG4-rwIXbGk[/video]

This thing is so freaking cool. Undoubtedly the coolest camera I've seen.

Video looks quality. Is there a separate mic that is required for sound?

• Admin
Video looks quality. Is there a separate mic that is required for sound?

No, it has a mic, although like most cameras like this, its not great. For our real THP TV videos, we will use external.

Watched this video as well as the ones in the thread on the camera and the video quality is pretty amazing and the gimbal seems to work extremely well.

I'll have to take a closer look at this camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's impressive quality. Really intrigued by this one and tempted to spurge for one.

• Admin
Watched this video as well as the ones in the thread on the camera and the video quality is pretty amazing and the gimbal seems to work extremely well.

I'll have to take a closer look at this camera.

There is another thread with playing with THPers too, but I'm mobile right now.

The best part of today was how steady it was as I walk around he golfers and no steps are shown on video.

That looks really great! I'd like to get something like that or a GoPro for some better golf footage, but that 4k video is really fantastic.

The video looks great.

Just so impressed by the quality of the video. No jerking around, everything just smooth.

Wow, the footage is crazy smooth!

Pretty awesome clarity and so smooth in motion.

So cool!

The quality is amazing! I think I see a CJ shirt in there also wow that is a bright green! Haha

Very impressive!

Excellent video quality and the gimbal really does an amazing job of smoothing out the movement. Definitely no more Blair Witch effect.

BTW was that CJ's shirt that damaged my retinas?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

The quality is amazing! I think I see a CJ shirt in there also wow that is a bright green! Haha

Haha, that was actually me, Nike "volt" color

Excellent video quality and the gimbal really does an amazing job of smoothing out the movement. Definitely no more Blair Witch effect.

BTW was that CJ's shirt that damaged my retinas?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

It matched my shoes!

I was in the market for a GoPro but after JB did the review on the DJI Osmo, my interest peaked. The gimbal is quite impressive. Great stability. I hope to someday meet the THPers that were out there today.

Great video, fantastic quality, looking forward to that at a THP event.

Damn XMan gets after the ball

That video quality is seriously impressive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great video, fantastic quality, looking forward to that at a THP event.

Damn XMan gets after the ball

Yeah it will definitely be at all THP Events this year.

Are these videos uploaded to your YouTube page?

Are these videos uploaded to your YouTube page?

Yes, but as unlisted so they do not go to the YouTube player on the home page.
You can click the YouTube button on the buttom of the video and go straight to it from the 1st post though.

Back