2016 NFL Draft Thread

The word was hue didnt see a big difference in the qb's the all will be projects i bet they take a qb in 2nd or 3rd round

yes there are all prospects.....but RGIII is such damaged goods, .....I guess they could still pick up Cook, Lynch or Hackenberg

Well, I guessed it would take a few days to get interesting so guess my few days holds true.

Wow Philly. Looks like the Cowboy bluff worked. :D

I can't quite remember what the Titans got...did Cleveland actually end up making the better trade, seeing as how they only moved down to #8?
Two 1's, a 2, a 3 and a 4 is quite the haul. And only having to move down 6 spots makes it better for the Browns. I would like to think they got the better end of the trade especially if they didnt love Wentz or Goff. I have a feeling they like the value of the second tier QB's more than the first two so trading down makes sense. They still have the #32 overall and that could be their spot to take the QB they want while picking a defensive player at #8

I can't quite remember what the Titans got...did Cleveland actually end up making the better trade, seeing as how they only moved down to #8?

Titans got the 15th, 2 seconds this year, a third this year and a 1st and 3rd next year

Two 1's, a 2, a 3 and a 4 is quite the haul. And only having to move down 6 spots makes it better for the Browns. I would like to think they got the better end of the trade especially if they didnt love Wentz or Goff. I have a feeling they like the value of the second tier QB's more than the first two so trading down makes sense. They still have the #32 overall and that could be their spot to take the QB they want while picking a defensive player at #8
I think the Browns won't draft a QB in this draft. Next year though... Deshaun Watson, come on down.

I think the Browns won't draft a QB in this draft. Next year though... Deshaun Watson, come on down.

If Lynch falls to 32 I think they jump all over him....but I expect him and Cook to be gone....might be a good spot to grab Prescott though

hopefully the Browns draft good players for a change with the 4,388 picks they have in the next 2-3 years

If Lynch falls to 32 I think they jump all over him....but I expect him and Cook to be gone....might be a good spot to grab Prescott though

I don't see how Lynch lasts past the top 20 now. His stock shot right up with Philly going to 2. It's a known fact now that Goff and Wentz are going 1 and 2. Now its a race to see who gets Lynch. And I wouldn't be mad if it was the Browns

There was talk of Zeke going to the Eagles. Not now! The Browns/Philadelphia trade hurt his draft number, IMO. Unless Dallas nabs him at 4 instead of a defensive lineman.

I don't see how Lynch lasts past the top 20 now. His stock shot right up with Philly going to 2. It's a known fact now that Goff and Wentz are going 1 and 2. Now its a race to see who gets Lynch. And I wouldn't be mad if it was the Browns

I could see the Browns nabbing Cook in the 2nd round or early 3rd. That would be a good choice. I think. Give him a year or 2 behind RG3. I'm excited he's in Cleveland now. Especially with having Jackson as one of the coaches.

hopefully the Browns draft good players for a change with the 4,388 picks they have in the next 2-3 years

we all know the browns can NOT draft....they would have been better off picking up any nfl draft guide at the grocery store and going by that the last 10 years.

we all know the browns can NOT draft....they would have been better off picking up any nfl draft guide at the grocery store and going by that the last 10 years.

No one knows anything about this front office. Can't blame the current group for past groups mistakes

This sounds just like the same thing I say about the Lions year after year.... God I hope we put something together

No one knows anything about this front office. Can't blame the current group for past groups mistakes

i know i dont hold it against them ....its kinda funny that all the front offices before this one None could draft.

Well lets see they had 2 First round picks in 2014 and took Justin Gilbert at #2...he has 3 starts and 1 pick in 2 seasons and is considered a huge bust.....then they took this guy named Manziel at #22 and he is currently face down somewhere at Coachella.

Hard to think they could do worse than that

And they have made nothing but solid moves so far (on paper). The last group didnt do terrible, outside of the QB pick(s). They were able to rid the organization of Richardson and get a 1st rounder for him (highway robbery, but took Gilbert). The problem is, they listened to the fans and took Manziel, and he set the team back 2-3 years easy.

And they have made nothing but solid moves so far (on paper). The last group didnt do terrible, outside of the QB pick(s). They were able to rid the organization of Richardson and get a 1st rounder for him (highway robbery, but took Gilbert). The problem is, they listened to the fans and took Manziel, and he set the team back 2-3 years easy.

Just heard Albert Breer on the local sports station and he sort of said the same thing. On paper, this is the most value he's seen a #2 overall pick get. But it's all gonna depend on the picks and how they pan out. Everyone talks about how much Washington gave up for RG3 but that's only because he didn't pan out there. No one ever mentions how much the Giants gave up for Eli because he's done well there. This is a good trade for the Browns if their picks aren't busts. This is a good trade for Philly if Wentz isn't a bust

Well lets see they had 2 First round picks in 2014 and took Justin Gilbert at #2...he has 3 starts and 1 pick in 2 seasons and is considered a huge bust.....then they took this guy named Manziel at #22 and he is currently face down somewhere at Coachella.

Hard to think they could do worse than that

To be fair, the Browns traded down to #9, then traded up to #8 to take Gilbert. And they picks they got in return for trading down ended up being some productive players the last couple years, one who may be a starter this year in the secondary.

The Browns have missed HARD in the first round but have done really well in every round after that. The only problem is those first rounders are supposed to be studs and cornerstone pieces for a franchise. Not circus shows

Just heard Albert Breer on the local sports station and he sort of said the same thing. On paper, this is the most value he's seen a #2 overall pick get. But it's all gonna depend on the picks and how they pan out. Everyone talks about how much Washington gave up for RG3 but that's only because he didn't pan out there. No one ever mentions how much the Giants gave up for Eli because he's done well there. This is a good trade for the Browns if their picks aren't busts. This is a good trade for Philly if Wentz isn't a bust

Exactly. More picks make it than dont. Long term, well that is different because NFL years are shortened considerably. The question becomes less about a skill let and more about heart and work ethic with certain positions. The QB will almost always be a gamble because there is so much more to it. You can have all of the abilities and a ****** work ethic, poor fit for system and fail. I wont even get into how important the trenches are, because they make or break any player.

RGIII was a cheap gamble, but one worth taking with a team that is most likely going nowhere soon, but can sit back and accumulate talent. With as many picks as they have, they only need to bat .500 to really make a splash long term.

Exactly. More picks make it than dont. Long term, well that is different because NFL years are shortened considerably. The question becomes less about a skill let and more about heart and work ethic with certain positions. The QB will almost always be a gamble because there is so much more to it. You can have all of the abilities and a ****** work ethic, poor fit for system and fail. I wont even get into how important the trenches are, because they make or break any player.

RGIII was a cheap gamble, but one worth taking with a team that is most likely going nowhere soon, but can sit back and accumulate talent. With as many picks as they have, they only need to bat .500 to really make a splash long term.

12 picks this year and 6 in the top 100 is a great start. Plus all the compensation picks they get for losing all their free agents this year. I don't think they're done moving just yet. They may try to jump ahead of San Fran for Paxton Lynch but that would probably have to involve Baltimore and Ozzy doesn't like to do Cleveland any favors lol

12 picks this year and 6 in the top 100 is a great start. Plus all the compensation picks they get for losing all their free agents this year. I don't think they're done moving just yet. They may try to jump ahead of San Fran for Paxton Lynch but that would probably have to involve Baltimore and Ozzy doesn't like to do Cleveland any favors lol

No way this trade goes down right now without one of the teams needing it to try and move more. I could see that move, but I could also see them dropping more slots and picking up 2 more 2nds if the opportunity presented itself.

No way this trade goes down right now without one of the teams needing it to try and move more. I could see that move, but I could also see them dropping more slots and picking up 2 more 2nds if the opportunity presented itself.

Yea im calling another trade down with Tenn...

And I wouldn't be mad at all. We have so many holes and the roster needs to get younger. I'm approaching this year like I did in 1999. Zero expectation. Just want to see the culture change and want to see real development. I'm sick of the drama, the saga, the overhyped defense, the say all the right things coach and GM but behind closed doors they were fighting like brother and sister. It's embarrassing what they've become and I really trust Hue Jackson can make this franchise about football again and not some freak show (the same freak show I was screaming for two years ago. Man was I wrong)

And I wouldn't be mad at all. We have so many holes and the roster needs to get younger. I'm approaching this year like I did in 1999. Zero expectation. Just want to see the culture change and want to see real development. I'm sick of the drama, the saga, the overhyped defense, the say all the right things coach and GM but behind closed doors they were fighting like brother and sister. It's embarrassing what they've become and I really trust Hue Jackson can make this franchise about football again and not some freak show (the same freak show I was screaming for two years ago. Man was I wrong)

Somewhere in there, all I read was "You were right JB"...I kid I kid.

Back