True Temper DG Spinner Shafts + Interview

This was by far one of your most informative interviews yet JB. Honestly, there is so much quality that I have every intention of listening a second time...

And I am pretty sold on giving the mp-11s a shot just so I can work one of these bad boys haha!

Decided to merge the two Spinner shaft threads together. Makes things easier for people. First post updated.

I'm looking forward to listening to this show too. First chance I get I'm going to listen. Hopefully you got a release date out of him. I want to rock the spinner jaws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm looking forward to listening to this show too. First chance I get I'm going to listen. Hopefully you got a release date out of him. I want to rock the spinner jaws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, he says the release.

i will probably tune into this show again myself. there was a lot of information to digest. JB, what was the gentleman's name again?

i will probably tune into this show again myself. there was a lot of information to digest. JB, what was the gentleman's name again?

Greg..

thanks. greg was fantastic. rarely do you have the chance to speak with someone who plays such an integral role with a company. you can tell that he's really into what he does. kinda cool that the guy who was part of the team that came up with the spinners was talking to you on the phone.

Glad people are enjoying the interview. This one was fun and extremely informative.

I can't wait to hear the interview, but will have to wait for tomorrow AM, when Liz isn't watching the tube, lol.

If you put these in a niblick do you think it would make much of a difference for chips, quarter and half shots

I believe that the DG Spinners come in a .335 tip, and that the Niblicks are a larger .370 diameter tip size. I would venture to say that you might see a difference mainly with 3/4 and full shots, but not for Niblicks until they make a .370 tip.

I can't wait to hear the interview, but will have to wait for tomorrow AM, when Liz isn't watching the tube, lol.

Hope you enjoy it Duey.

Hope you enjoy it Duey.

me too duey! it's one of my favorite interviews. i think it's also interesting that david duval has these wedges in the bag. i wonder if it has a lot to do with the spinners?

JB, you mentioned to me when I was looking at the Eidolon wedges I recently picked up that the new version (the ones at the outing) had a new and diferent shaft. Was this the shaft you were referring to? If not would they work with Eidolon wedges?

JB, you mentioned to me when I was looking at the Eidolon wedges I recently picked up that the new version (the ones at the outing) had a new and diferent shaft. Was this the shaft you were referring to? If not would they work with Eidolon wedges?

The shafts that you were using in the Eidolon wedges at the Demo Day were their new prototype shafts. They are not out yet (Nov 15th I believe) and are a graphite wedge shaft that plays closer to wedge flex steel. Many balked at the thought of them, but when trying them noted how nice they were. I really liked them. But to get back to your question, no, these were not them.

The shafts that you were using in the Eidolon wedges at the Demo Day were their new prototype shafts. They are not out yet (Nov 15th I believe) and are a graphite wedge shaft that plays closer to wedge flex steel. Many balked at the thought of them, but when trying them noted how nice they were. I really liked them. But to get back to your question, no, these were not them.

Thanks for the answer, would they work in most any wedge?

Thanks for the answer, would they work in most any wedge?

Not sure. I have only tried them in the Eidolon since they are his proprietary shafts. They dont even have a name yet from what we have seen.

As for the DG Spinner shafts, yes, I think they would.

Not sure. I have only tried them in the Eidolon since they are his proprietary shafts. They dont even have a name yet from what we have seen.

As for the DG Spinner shafts, yes, I think they would.

That was my question sorry for being unclear, would the DG Spinners work in the Eidolon wedge. Thanks again.

Additionally, I just listened to the show and I gotta say thanks to JB and Greg for an excellent show!! It is always nice for a person who does not have the advanced product knowledge as many who visit this site to be able to listen to someone who can explain in very simple terms what their product does and how it will help your game. Great job both JB and Greg for making this subject enjoyable and easier to understand.

Last edited:
I wanted to bump this one up because most of the folks at the outing had a chance to try these out. They were equipped in both the new Mizuno wedges we had out there as well as the xFT wedges we had out there. If you had a chance to try them out, give us your feedback.

I for one am in LOVE with these. So smooth through the swing, I feel like they offer both stability and finesse all at once. I must have them in my regular wedges. Thinking about getting a set and sending them off to Vibrant for some custom
treatment.

I have several Cleveland cg15- will these shafts fit?

The True Temper Monaco Shafts just arrived. These are the shafts that our wonderful True Temper THP Radio Co-Host was speaking about in the tour prototype discussion on iron shafts.

We first got a glimpse of these at Doral earlier in the year.

1043331092_4d4K9-L-1.jpg

1043331178_2PkoN-L-1.jpg

good gawd those are beautiful. i want shafts that say tour prototype on them! can't wait to see what these find their way into. they'd look so sweet in the 24's!!!

good gawd those are beautiful. i want shafts that say tour prototype on them! can't wait to see what these find their way into. they'd look so sweet in the 24's!!!

They are RH shafts TC.

EXACTLY my first thought...those would look sweet in the 24's

I still think they would look sweet with these.

917408412_NK98T-L-1.jpg

lol @ RH shafts.

Back