Testing Irons for THP

I would love the opportunity to test some of the upcoming golf clubs, and offer my feedback to fellow THP'ers.

My HCP.....5.0
Current irons: R9 TP w/ Proj X 6.0
Iron preference: players cavity or game improvement

Hey Chawnm...I used to live in Issaquah (Mountain Park Blvd, SW). Now I live just outside of Boston. Issaquah is a beautiful area. I used to do a lot of hiking in the Cascades. This was BG (before golf).

I'd sign up for the iron testing, but: 1) to give the irons a fair shake I'd want to test them on a course...not in heated bays, and 2) given my length, lie angle, and grip size requirements I'd have to have each set of test irons custom built, which would be a pain for the OEM.

Good luck to all of you who hope to become testers!

ps: I would, however, like to be a golf ball tester come next spring.

Hey Chawnm...I used to live in Issaquah (Mountain Park Blvd, SW). Now I live just outside of Boston. Issaquah is a beautiful area. I used to do a lot of hiking in the Cascades. This was BG (before golf).

I'd sign up for the iron testing, but: 1) to give the irons a fair shake I'd want to test them on a course...not in heated bays, and 2) given my length, lie angle, and grip size requirements I'd have to have each set of test irons custom built, which would be a pain for the OEM.

Good luck to all of you who hope to become testers!

ps: I would, however, like to be a golf ball tester come next spring.

All the irons that we ship for testing are custom built. We would not want someone to test irons that dont fit them. Neither would the OEM.

I can't wait to see the announcement on this. You folks that qualify will surely get some high quality stuff to test. I have really enjoyed reading all of the THP tester reviews on stuff here.

All the irons that we ship for testing are custom built. We would not want someone to test irons that dont fit them. Neither would the OEM.
That's good news, JB. I would like to be considered for this position.

1. Handicap Index: 13.6
2. Current Irons: TM Burner 2.0's (will receive tomorrow or Monday)
3. Iron Preference: None

I play golf all winter either in heated bays or, weather permitting, outdoors. In the interest of full disclosure I'm a senior. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Thank you for your kind considerations.

That's good news, JB. I would like to be considered for this position.

1. Handicap Index: 13.6
2. Current Irons: TM Burner 2.0's (will receive tomorrow or Monday)
3. Iron Preference: None

I play golf all winter either in heated bays or, weather permitting, outdoors. In the interest of full disclosure I'm a senior. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Thank you for your kind considerations.

Sean -- Come on man, us old dudes like to test stuff too huh? We might have a different prospective for the other cavemen/cavewomen out there :D:golf3:

THP just continues to amaze with getting amateur testers involved. These testers have a pulse on the real golfing world and not trying to make your choices based on "what pros use."

1. 8.0
2. Clevelnad CG7 Tour. KBS 130 shafts
3. Anything but SGI

Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of this.

I cannot believe I missed this until now. I'd love to be considered, with football ending this Friday my season just gets into gear, if its above 40 I play outside, most times 2-3 times a week in these months. Also have an indoor range I have access to now since the move.

1) What is your handicap? 11
2) What is your current set of irons? Wilson Staff Ci9's
3) Do you have an iron preference? None, but I've tried everything byt SGI and am really intrigued by those. Have played every other type of iron at some point though.

Thanks!

Sean -- Come on man, us old dudes like to test stuff too huh? We might have a different prospective for the other cavemen/cavewomen out there :D:golf3:
Oh, no doubt we like to test/buy stuff! I just wasn't sure what audience the OEM's were after. :)

Oh, no doubt we like to test/buy stuff! I just wasn't sure what audience the OEM's were after. :)

In all honesty, unless you had said anything, how would anybody have ever known? hehe

This sounds awesome!

1. What is your handicap - 13.2
2. What is your current set of irons - TaylorMade Burner ('09)
3. Do you have an iron preference? I prefer players cavity or game improvement. (I've never tried blades or super game improvement)

Would love to throw my hat in as irons are my thing but I have to get over to the only two places that could be OK as indoor facilities to see if either will cut the mustard. Darn now that I think about it I should have gone today. I was trying to get out for another round today because I knew the courses would be dead because of the rain. However I drove over to the course twice hoping the rain would at least be OK and the rain just got heavier and heavier to the point of being a downpour. If I had just given up on it sooner I could have made it down to at least one of the two places I am thinking of using for winter practice and sim play.

We have had a fair number of new members here recently, and several of them list handicaps that qualify for this...

Figured I would give a loving bump to the thread (even if it does hurt my chances!).
I still can't wait to hear what these irons are and who gets the honor of gaming them!

I had asked in this thread for opinions about practice and training facilities in New Hampshire. So I just wanted to thank the THP members for helping me find a winter training and practice facility where I could get on a range and also use simulators. In fact I am going to be able to use both of the New Hampshire facilities that I was considering as each are within driving distance and each has some features that compliment the other. Atkinson's has more stuff than World Golf but World Golf maintains grass tees for its range.Thanks again guys as I really wanted to have options for winter practice and now I have that base covered.

Please keep this thread about the topic at hand.

Looking forward to hearing about the testers selected and the irons themselves!

Looking forward to hearing about the testers selected and the irons themselves!

+1

I must say, it would be pretty sweet to be chosen to test any set of irons. Let alone a set that hasn't even been released yet!

I'm constantly checking this thread for updates. Pretty stoked!

I am in the same boat as you tmscottr. I really hope I get the change to participate in this club testing. I just wonder which great set of irons it will be?

thats the question I am excited about...which irons will it be?

thats the question I am excited about...which irons will it be?

I wonder if it could be a new set of Arnold Palmers coming back out?

hahaha...it could. Actually, its not, but if you got selected they will do their best to find you the Arnold Palmers. hehe...I kid

I wonder if it could be a new set of Arnold Palmers coming back out?

hahaha...it could. Actually, its not, but if you got selected they will do their best to find you the Arnold Palmers. hehe...I kid

is he talking about a new iced tea/lemonade mix? I'll test that for THP. :act-up:

is he talking about a new iced tea/lemonade mix? I'll test that for THP. :act-up:

I am all about that mix!!! I think I have tested that many times before!

Anytime I see JB post in this thread my heart races. I have 2 guesses on irons and I hope I am right with either!

Then again being right doesn't make a difference if I am not selected! Ha.

Back