Ryan Moore and Scratch part ways

ad1402

Reaction score
Handicap
If this needs to be moved to a different forum, please do so. I'm pretty sure JB called this back when Moore switched to some Pings.

"Scratch Golf and Ryan Moore have amicably agreed to not extend our partnership beyond 2010. We appreciate all Ryan has done to help us grow our brand in 2010. It has been a great year for Ryan on the golf course and for Scratch Golf as a business. We wish him the best moving forward with his career.

The nature of our agreement dictates that Ryan will no longer hold any ownership interest in Scratch Golf. This decision will allow both Ryan and Scratch Golf to pursue other opportunities in the golf industry and on Tour. We hope Ryan will continue to play our clubs and we wish Ryan all the best in his future endeavors. Ryan's presence on the PGA Tour greatly enhanced the visibility of Scratch Golf in the minds of the public and opened many doors for our brand, for which we are very grateful. We want to thank Ryan for the attention he has brought to our brand this year and wish him great success in the years to come.

With Ryan's help, Scratch has seen more play on the PGA Tour in 2010 than in any previous season. Thanks to the quality of our products and the response from players worldwide, we expect our Tour and retail success to continue in 2011. If you have any questions feel free to email me at [email protected]."

Wow, what a shock. Who would've thunk it? Hmmmm.

I feel like this is a few weeks too late

The more I think about Ryan Moore, the more I think he stole my style... but made it look worse.

If I were Ryan Moore, I would:

A: Wear the same style, but less shabby
B: Go for a run every now and again
C: Stick to an agreement
D: Not be Ryan Moore

Wow, what a shock. Who would've thunk it? Hmmmm.

Seems to me that your magic 8 ball is working quite well JB. From the other thread. "In my opinion, changes are coming. It wont be immediate, but we have seen this far too many times in many walks of life." Care to purchase a lottery ticket for me? :act-up:

Watch for window jumpers on Golfwrx!! :D

Reactions: TC
i'm not sure who this does more worse for: ryan moore or scratch.

either way, i could really care less. small fish in a big pond imo.

The more I think about Ryan Moore, the more I think he stole my style... but made it look worse.

E: Stop stealing my style

added another one for you setho

Great stuff Seth!!

If I was Scratch Golf, I would:

A: Just admit that they sponsor players
B: Let businessmen run the company, not flighty tour players
C: Sponsor a lot of college talent like SeeMore is doing
D: Start getting more mainstream PR out there
E: Try to sign a big player now that they have a gap left by R.M. then they will have the cult following and a regular following. They can become the Dave Mathews Band of the Golf world.

i'm not sure who this does more worse for: ryan moore or scratch.

either way, i could really care less. small fish in a big pond imo.

I dont think either. Scratch needs to worry more about the customers and filling orders and Ryan Moore needs to go back to being sponsored or not being sponsored, or being sponsored but not really, but kind of, but at the same time not really, yet it kind of was.

was with you up until the last point....a big player would get the 'regular' following but would not gurantee a 'cult' following. the cult following would come from a lesser known name that would be trendy, in contention every now and then, and have some visibility in terms of name recognition, etc.
If I was Scratch Golf, I would:

A: Just admit that they sponsor players
B: Let businessmen run the company, not flighty tour players
C: Sponsor a lot of college talent like SeeMore is doing
D: Start getting more mainstream PR out there
E: Try to sign a big player now that they have a gap left by R.M. then they will have the cult following and a regular following. They can become the Dave Mathews Band of the Golf world.

was with you up until the last point....a big player would get the 'regular' following but would not gurantee a 'cult' following. the cult following would come from a lesser known name that would be trendy, in contention every now and then, and have some visibility in terms of name recognition, etc.

In my mind, they already have a cult following, just look at WRX and what will happen to you if you say anything about either RM or Scratch.

ok.....brb then... hehe
In my mind, they already have a cult following, just look at WRX and what will happen to you if you say anything about either RM or Scratch.

exactly! scratch will always have its fanboys, i wouldn't worry about that. scratch does need a good PR firm though, that would be a good first step to recovery.

exactly! scratch will always have its fanboys, i wouldn't worry about that. scratch does need a good PR firm though, that would be a good first step to recovery.

Another one of my thoughts from that previous thread. I agree.

ok.....brb then... hehe

LoL, that would be hilarious man.

I think that they could be something special. It is hard to go from boutique to major OEM, but they have an opportunity to do it and I hope it doesn't slip from them. Like them or not, more competiton means the consumer wins.

I just had to buy a lottery ticket tonight.

Reading on some places he is signing with Adams Golf.

Who's Ryan Moore and why does he need to Scratch?

Kevin

Reading on some places he is signing with Adams Golf.

People have been talking about that one for months now. All going back to his love for a driver he used of theirs (Speedline) last August. Whether it happens or not, is anybody's guess. However according to someone on both sides (Ryan's & Adams) as of 20 minutes ago, nothing has been discussed.

I really hope a clothing company signs him and dresses him like Nike does their players! :D

Back