Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I would never say something like that, but seriously, accept your skill level and practice more. And the more you think your bad a t golf, the worse youll be

i couldn't agree more thainer! let the bad shots go, and focus on what you have to do next, period! to me, it's an important part of golf.

what did you ask for it? I'm thinking of doing the same thing myself but have no idea what to ask for
I hate it when I put something out on Craigslist and get about 15 emails quickly about it. That means I priced it way to low! I put an old iPhone out there yesterday and sold it quickly, but I think I could have got about $25 out of it. Darn!

what did you ask for it? I'm thinking of doing the same thing myself but have no idea what to ask for

I asked $125 for a 3g 16gb. I should have asked $150.

I think we all have high expectations in most everything we do, but golf is a game where high expectation have to be approached with caution. The person who says how terrible he is probably is just frustrated. Golf is a game of patience, and I know I could use more of that myself, and it's also a game of acceptance.

I have been properly fitted, I have the right equipment, so that's a major factor of the game I can take off the table. Now I can focus exclusively on the swing. Not to get to philosophical or mystical but golf is a game of the mind more than anything. I watched a fellow yesterday miss a three foot putt to retain his tour card. I watched a fellow the day before collapse with three holes to play to lose the JBWere Masters. Shots these guys have hit millions of times gone bad. Why? That five inches between the ears.

If the professionals struggle with consistency then I think we need to be more realistic in our expectations. That's not to say we don't continue to try, but we need to find a place within where we are more accepting. Golf is so much more than a game...it's just the tip of the iceberg. There is so much more underneath, if we allow ourselves to see it, and so much more to learn if we allow ourselves to surrender to it.

so I have a really nice R9 Supertri with a very expensive Attas shaft in it and I was struggling with this driver all weekend. I pick up an old 07 Burner and just start hittin my driver like I am used to. What gives? So now I am contemplating selling this R9 and moving to another. WHich I dont wanna do

First day of outpatient dialysis. Nice facility, near to home, with nice techs and nurses that seem to know what they're doing. Comfortable chair, wireless internet, TV - they even gave a set of earphones to use when I signed papers yesterday.

I have a couple of minor rants:

TV - has just extended basic TV. No Versus channel, so I can't watch the Oregon/Cal game. I'm watching the USC/AZ game. The earphones they gave me are single channel.
Internet access is sloooowwww - .69 mbps down/.66 mbps up (according to Speakeasy.net).

that sucks bonk... my dad is also on dialysis
he just brings a good book or his portable dvd player

Car dealers. Buying a car for my mom and I spent all day running around town looking at two different models.

Why must they treat the bottom line price like a state secret! You have it, I want it, tell me how much...but noooo they gotta dance around and try to get me loaded on free coffee hoping I'll forget I'm smart and write the check.

Grrrr :banghead:

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Creativity, when it really makes no difference.

Lol at the bad golfer thing. But when someone says they're a good golfer, people automatically assume they're full of crap. Seems like everyone should just say, "yeah, I golf."

I just found if I say that, noone bugs me about my handicap on the course. haha.

that sucks bonk... my dad is also on dialysis
he just brings a good book or his portable dvd player

I had high hopes of hanging out in FaceBook or THP, but alas, the internet speed was horrid! Hopefully I'll get my Sprint Wireless fob working before tomorrow night's dialysis session, or I'll be stuck watching basic cable again...

Airport security and ignorant people trying to go through it.

There should be "are you bright enough to fly" test, if you fail, sorry bub, you gotta drive. How effin hard is it to take junk outta your pockets, belt off, shoes off...watch...take off the mutha effin watch!

Thanks to these wonderful morons I get to spend an extra 3 hours sitting in the airport in charlotte. And yes I got here in plenty of time, even used valet parking to save more time.

Take off the watch!

wait until you see the lines and idiots going through the full body scan devices that are popping up now. here in PHL it's 'interesting' to say the least

Airport security and ignorant people trying to go through it.

There should be "are you bright enough to fly" test, if you fail, sorry bub, you gotta drive. How effin hard is it to take junk outta your pockets, belt off, shoes off...watch...take off the mutha effin watch!

Thanks to these wonderful morons I get to spend an extra 3 hours sitting in the airport in charlotte. And yes I got here in plenty of time, even used valet parking to save more time.

Take off the watch!

wait until you see the lines and idiots going through the full body scan devices that are popping up now. here in PHL it's 'interesting' to say the least

Saw them this morning, another reason it took so long.

LOL! Here ya, SW.

"Sir, do you have any thing in your pockets?"
"No. Oh wait, I have these coins. And this Zippo. Oh, and this money clip."

the funny thing is that with these body scanners, they pick up breast implants crystal clear. They're a few degrees cooler than the natural body temp so they 'stand out' more. this is why the women's groups are going nuts over these scanners. I'm sorry, my safety is more important than your dignity.

Ummm, that's like complaining that people are staring at your nose ring. You got it for a reason, right?

Just landed in jersey...I feel dirty already

they fertilized the greens today and man it smelled really bad like something pooped on all the greens
now i have to clean my putter... putter head cover... towels... ball
i didnt even get anything to eat after the round cuz i didnt want someone thinking i passed gas or something

they fertilized the greens today and man it smelled really bad like something pooped on all the greens
now i have to clean my putter... putter head cover... towels... ball
i didnt even get anything to eat after the round cuz i didnt want someone thinking i passed gas or something

You smelt it, you dealt it!!

Got my 50 and 58* wedge in today. Great packaging and product, super fast shipping and excellent price. Only one problem, it was sitting on my front porch completely soaked from the driving rain we had today. I mean the box was ready to fall apart!! When did UPS quit getting signatures, and just put packages down and run? I'm glad at least the wedges weren't damaged.

I love teaching, but I hate grading!!!

put my jacket on... the sun comes out and the wind dies... gets really hot
take my jacket off... clouds cover the sun and the freezing cold wind starts blowing =/

Special training session for a group that works later than me tonight. They are cutting into Thursday beer night and I'm not pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back