Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been looking forward to being called to jury duty for 34 freakin years and I finally got the notice a week and a half ago.
Friday afternoon Superior Court leaves a voicemail that says their caseload has changed and I am excused from my duty.
I talk to people all the time that have been called multiple times and they always try to get out of it.
I desperately want to be on a jury and can't get in !!!

Dang dang, double dang, triple dang KRAP !

If you want to dye your hair blond and fly to CT next week you can do my jury duty :glasses-nerdy:

My Rant is simple. In the last 2 years I have worked really hard with a good friend of mine to get my HDCP down from 10 to as low as 3. In the last 6 weeks it's gone back up to 5.2
With the worst being the last round when I shot a 87 which included 4 lost balls and 5 three putts. I putted the last three holes with my 3 wood it got so bad. I've never let my temper get the better of me but I really wanted to quit that day.

Let's see here where does my rant begin...

A. Like ddec I woke up this morning to 1 1/2" of the white s$%# all over the front yard/car.
B. It is frippin' 28 degrees here when wind chill is factored in
c. It is not even 4pm and it is getting dark, which means no going to hit balls after work
d. My boss just told me he forgot to tell me that a drawing package was due on friggin' Nov 4 and I am now late (how I'm late when I didn't know of a deadline, I'm not sure...but...)

But, my biggest rant is

e. My swing has abandoned me for warmer climes... I'm dead serious. Between Saturday when I shot 101 and Sunday afternoon my swing went MIA. The clubs feel like foreign objects in my hand, my rhythm is gone (no matter what I tell myself in my head), and well, I might as well have never swung a club in my life. :at-wits-end: So, I don't even HAVE that to go fall back on (of course see c. above).

I give up....

Sorry to hear you are having a crappy day, Mary.

My Rant is simple. In the last 2 years I have worked really hard with a good friend of mine to get my HDCP down from 10 to as low as 3. In the last 6 weeks it's gone back up to 5.2
With the worst being the last round when I shot a 87 which included 4 lost balls and 5 three putts. I putted the last three holes with my 3 wood it got so bad. I've never let my temper get the better of me but I really wanted to quit that day.

Snap I know what you mean, heck all of us do. Saturday I played horrible, to the point of being embarrassed a few times, but it's golf, tomorrow everything could click and i'm right back in the high 80's. Keep your head up dude and before you know you'll be draining those putts with your eyes closed.

After all, life could be worse.

Put your man pants on and get one of these. :act-up:

Kills snakes dead.

garden-hoe-01.jpg

I got one of them hoes (pun intended). I'll take a seat on the bench on this one with my skirt on cuz this guy don't do snakes. :D

Same as the weather thread....70* tommorrow and my boss won't give me the day off.

i forgot to take my allergy meds before i went to the course and broke out something fierce=/

I had an appointment 35 miles away who didn't answer the door when I knocked, nor their phones when I called. I left a door tag (Sorry I missed you tag) and left. Stopped and got gas and then turned around and went back to their house. Tag was gone, both cars were still there and again, no one answered the door nor answered any of their phones!

I mean, if you don't want the insurance, why did you send the card back? (Our callers don't call to set up an appointment unless they send the card back!) And I obviously know you are there, just answer the door and say you changed your mind, don't hide in there like a skeered little kid!

So these people wasted not only over an hour of my time, they wasted my gas and the $27 I paid for the lead. And they were hiding inside their house. Boneheads. And these are a couple of 30-year olds.

So these people wasted not only over an hour of my time, they wasted my gas and the $27 I paid for the lead. And they were hiding inside their house. Boneheads. And these are a couple of 30-year olds.

they were looking out the peep hole giggling

Come on teacher. If you tell us youre going to put the formulas on the exam, please do. I didnt waste my time memorizing them as I was more focused on using them. Low and behold, no formulas. Dont give us 6 different charts that will help us do it the short way, because I did not use those while studying.

Went to Chili's last night for dinner. 25 minute wait turned into a 50 minute wait, I think there were maybe 3 waiters/waitresses for the entire resturant, we saw our waiter 3 times total, and our meal was HUGELY disappointing. Quality control was very, very poor. Made for a stressful enviornment, not relaxing at all. Complete waste of an evening.

Went to Chili's last night for dinner. 25 minute wait turned into a 50 minute wait, I think there were maybe 3 waiters/waitresses for the entire resturant, we saw our waiter 3 times total, and our meal was HUGELY disappointing. Quality control was very, very poor. Made for a stressful enviornment, not relaxing at all. Complete waste of an evening.

That sucks but those mini burgers are amazing...

This weekend and it's supposed to be beautiful. 66 to 71* Sat and Sun...no chance of rain until Sunday night. And it's my weekend on call.

Anyone else have a job where you have to take call?

Bummer, man. I know that really sucks when you can't get out that often as well.

This weekend and it's supposed to be beautiful. 66 to 71* Sat and Sun...no chance of rain until Sunday night. And it's my weekend on call.

Anyone else have a job where you have to take call?

I am pretty much on call always, but it's rare for me to get called in.

so all this wind and dry cool weather has been chapping the heck outta my skin... so much so that my middle and index fingers literally ripped open at my callus while playing today
its not huge gashes but the lil ones that hurt like a mofo for some reason

so all this wind and dry cool weather has been chapping the heck outta my skin... so much so that my middle and index fingers literally ripped open at my callus while playing today
its not huge gashes but the lil ones that hurt like a mofo for some reason

You better cut that stuff out or you'll go blind! :D

On call 24/7. I am the lead for organ procurement for transplant. If one of the technicians can't make their schedule then I get called in, as well as having my own shifts. So, even when I'm "off the schedule" I can still be called in. It has happened on the golf course before. Usually during a game with several pars and the occasional eagle. Never get to "break the personal best record". But, it allows me to be out on the course a lot.

First day of outpatient dialysis. Nice facility, near to home, with nice techs and nurses that seem to know what they're doing. Comfortable chair, wireless internet, TV - they even gave a set of earphones to use when I signed papers yesterday.

I have a couple of minor rants:

TV - has just extended basic TV. No Versus channel, so I can't watch the Oregon/Cal game. I'm watching the USC/AZ game. The earphones they gave me are single channel.
Internet access is sloooowwww - .69 mbps down/.66 mbps up (according to Speakeasy.net).

Do you want me to feel bad for you? like seriously, what are you asking for there.
me too dude, especially on the golf course.

Next time someone complain/tells me they suck, im going to react accordingly.

something like "Yeah I would hate to be that terrible" or something similar.

Do you want me to feel bad for you? like seriously, what are you asking for there.

Next time someone complain/tells me they suck, im going to react accordingly.

something like "Yeah I would hate to be that terrible" or something similar.

but that would be rude, and i don't think you'd be rude on the golf course. some folks just have high expectations bro. i just believe that being positive makes better things happen for one on a golf course, that's all.

Yeah I would never say something like that, but seriously, accept your skill level and practice more. And the more you think your bad a t golf, the worse youll be
but that would be rude, and i don't think you'd be rude on the golf course. some folks just have high expectations bro. i just believe that being positive makes better things happen for one on a golf course, that's all.

I hate it when I put something out on Craigslist and get about 15 emails quickly about it. That means I priced it way to low! I put an old iPhone out there yesterday and sold it quickly, but I think I could have got about $25 out of it. Darn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back