Contest - Bushnell GPS

That was a great entry. Congrats junior lefty!!

Congrats, lefty. Nice job thinking outside of the tee box and going with a poem.

congrats Junior Lefty! That is a great entry. This is one of the first contests I have not enetered this year. I was searching for a course without bunkers in the orlando area because I know GG is not a fan of bunkers. However I was unable to find such a course. Enjoy the new GPS my friend

I have to agree. At first, I thought the smart phone app was great, but it is lacking in so many ways. Sure, it works, but it is nowhere near as handy as the units I see others using.

I have the Golfshot App for the iPhone and love it. It has a GPS side that is fairly accurate. (Within 5 yards) It also has a scorecard side that emails it to you and to your friends if you keep their scores. It keeps stats like putts, fairways and GIRs. I think I want to get a Bushnell V2 rangefinder to ensure accuracy.

I want to say a special thank you for those that took the time to enter this contest. Its tough to have as many contests as we do, and it is even tougher when people do not enter them. We hope you guys continue to enjoy the ones we do have. Again, thanks to those that took the time to enter this one.

I'd like to add that if you are here for the camaraderie of the people here and the contests are the furthest thing from your mind, that's great! But the contests are a very important part of THP (from the first couple of weeks of it's existence, THP has had giveaways) and the more people who enter them, the more companies are willing to supply the items for these contests.

Remember that even though the members of the forum are the beneficiaries of the contests with the prizes they win, the companies enjoy reading the threads and seeing all the banter that goes back and forth between everyone in their threads. They enjoy these contest as much as and maybe even more than the members who actually win the prize!

Even if you want to turn around and offer it to another member (as has happened before), it never hurts to enter one of these. You could even make up your own contest if you wanted to and give it away that way! Just let JB and GG know where they need to ship it if you don't want it. It wouldn't matter to them since they need to ship it someplace, anyway! One note on shipping, it does cost them to send these things around the country, and since they don't ask and never expect it, sending a donation to match the shipping costs would not be unappreciated, especially since none of these contests cost anything to enter.

I've actually missed a few of the recent contests because I have been a little busy doing other projects (some for THP, some for myself) but still try to enter as many as I can. If you haven't entered any contests yet, give it a shot. Everyone has the same chance to win and it costs nothing to enter, so why not take a chance? You've got nothing to lose!

Congrats Junior Lefty!

if I had a need for a GPS I would have enetered this one.

Nice entry JL!

I am glad you made such good use of our 50 word limit!

RE: contest participation- unfortunately I think that people are less willing to contribute to a contest that requires creativity and time. We get a lot of entries for the "put your name in the hat" contests and the "select a player" contests. Personally I like these type (shoes, GPS, Caption that picture) MUCH better. Its fun to see what other THPers can come up with. Lefty here is a perfect example!

Congrats!!!! Def saw this one coming, hard to beat a poem :)

Nice entry JL!

I am glad you made such good use of our 50 word limit!

RE: contest participation- unfortunately I think that people are less willing to contribute to a contest that requires creativity and time. We get a lot of entries for the "put your name in the hat" contests and the "select a player" contests. Personally I like these type (shoes, GPS, Caption that picture) MUCH better. Its fun to see what other THPers can come up with. Lefty here is a perfect example!

agreed, I loved the shoe contest, but was surprised how little entries it got. THe Caption This contests are fun

agreed, I loved the shoe contest, but was surprised how little entries it got. THe Caption This contests are fun

Off-topic
I didn't enter the shoe contest because my feet don't agree with that shoe line. It was, however, one of the greatest threads in my THP memory. I gave more rep on that thread than I have in a LONG time. If I could do it again (after reading smalls post) I would enter anyways and gift it to someone on the forum. Lesson learned for next time!

When I saw there were 8 pages I knew someone had been announced. :act-up:
Then on the 8th page i saw congratulations JL and I was syked!!!

This was a cool contest and I plan on entering more. This will be my first real GPS.
Thanks so much to THP and Bushnell. You have awesome contests!!!

Congrats again! GPS will change your game :)

Thanks. I want to get my iron distances dialed in. Right now I'm just kind of guessing.

Seriously though, this made my day. (And month/year)

Congrats on the win, lefty!

Congrats!

I'm in the middle of entering (thinking today's the 16th) and the winner's already been announced... :dohanim:

Congratulations on a great post and win junior lefty! Have to admit that I'm a bit jealous LOL! :clapp:

JB, We all thank you and THP for having contests. It's not like you HAVE to have them, but you do it. I for one appreciate the extra mile the THP staff goes to make this site such a fun place to hang out. :rockon:

Yeah, noone makes you have contests. But these contests and the awesome people here make this site a great place. (I may be biased because I won the first contest I entered.:angel:)

Junior Lefty that was an incredible entry. Enjoy your great prize and thanks to THP and Bushnell for a great giveaway.

Great win Jr Lefty! Enjoy the gps.

Sent from my iPhone so please ignore my horrid typing mistakes

Congrats Lefty! Great entry and I hope you make due on the course you selected.

Back