Thanksgiving 2010: What are your plans?

Not really sure what we'll be doing this year. Lost my mother in law last month and no one has really brought up any holiday plans

i am working the shop until three and then playing golf until dark. i had debated cooking but the open Pro Shop kind of threw a kink into that plan.

i am giving thanks with Longshanks so at some point i will have to feed him. that's a task like none other.

Heading to Palm Desert to stay with my folks, and my sister and her family are staying her in laws over in La Quinta. Hope to get at least one if not two rounds of golf in. I'm hoping my dad's knee replacement is feeling up to 18 holes from a cart (just had the second one done in October).

A mini golf tournament planned for the morning and then just dinner at home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Family is heading up to Ruidoso NM to my uncle's new winter get away. Most likely eating a mix of traditional and family favorites, (green chili rice, and either bbq or steaks) along with a hope for warm weather to play a round of golf since he belongs to the country club up there :eat:
Man, that sounds really nice!

i am working the shop until three and then playing golf until dark. i had debated cooking but the open Pro Shop kind of threw a kink into that plan.

i am giving thanks with Longshanks so at some point i will have to feed him. that's a task like none other.

Tell 'ole Harry hi for me, Miss Snicker Doodles. Miss having him around here.

early morning - driving with the GF to her family. 11 am dinner with her fam - then back on the road - to my parents for dinner with my fam. Lots of driving. and im going to miss football. boo hiss.

Thanksgiving Plans?

Thanksgiving Plans?

Who doing what? Who's going where? Anybody got any special Traditions?

I'm heading to Northern California to be with my family and a couple of Aunts and Uncles.
The night before, my younger brother and I brine the Turkey and we make a giant pot of Ciopinno (italian Seafood Stew) for dinner. The Ciopinno is our family tradition the night before Thanksgiving and Christmas. Usually we got family in town and its raining and cold (Northern California not Vegas). And people just enjoy a big warm bowl of soup and a big crusty piece of sourdough bread. We always did a stew but my brother made Ciopinno 5 years ago and its stuck ever since.

We will fry a turkey ( I have to watch the d*** thing), head up to the grandparents, eat said turkey, watch the iron bowl, then sleep off said turkey

Maybe some golf in the morning for me, just 9 holes.....Then some football on TV...then taking the wife out to eat...We retired to NC to care for her elderly parents and she has them 7 days a week so I thought she would rather go out instead of staying in the kitchen all day....Her brother can see to them while we dine out....Be safe everyone...

Going to the Cowboys Saints game in Arlington.

Sent from Jerry Jones' office

looks like you may have a great game to go to now man. which jersey you rocking?
Going to the Cowboys Saints game in Arlington.

I'm golfing :) then cooking up a feast for me and the roomie.

Over 90 i'm baking the bird, under 90...hot oil bath for mr gobbles!

Watching the Jets v. Bengals Thanksgiving night. Call me crazy (not all at once) but I have a bad feeling about ths game for the Jets. ultra-short week, Bengals coming off a horrible loss, all sounds like an upset to me.

You're crazy :)

Watching the Jets v. Bengals Thanksgiving night. Call me crazy (not all at once) but I have a bad feeling about ths game for the Jets. ultra-short week, Bengals coming off a horrible loss, all sounds like an upset to me.

looks like you may have a great game to go to now man. which jersey you rocking?

In honor of jb's love for Romo a Romo jersey of course

We leave about noon or so on Wednesday for Memphis.

why did I just get a flash back to the movie 'Son in Law' when I saw Hungry Man feast?

Son in law is a great movie man!!

I have to watch it when i randomly find it flipping channels!

Going to the grandparents house in North Carolina. Then going straight from there to the GA vs GA Tech game. Fun weekend.

Helping Dad and another family friend cook an ungodly amount of Brunswick stew starting Wednesday night. We are smoking 2 or 3 turkeys and Boston Butts. I think there will be few chickens that need be cooked to go into brunswick stew too. All night cooking then we eat around 1 and then take a long afternoon nap. Friday.. I hope to play some golf.

Back