Brunswick Georgia area golf.

SW

Grinder
Reaction score
Handicap
Friend from Asheville and I are looking at a small trip in mid January to the area and want to get in two rounds. Anyone have some suggestions, its been years since I've been to that area and I wasn't a golfer then.

Would like non housing community courses if possible.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Jekyll Island has courses...... 4 or 5 if I remember right.... Good Deals..

There is always Sea Island if you want to stay there, but very expensive.

There are also tons of courses on St. Simons.

Cool, thank you both! I'll check em out tomorrow when I get to a real computer.

I'm pushing for J.I. myself :)

Jekyll Island has courses...... 4 or 5 if I remember right.... Good Deals..

There is always Sea Island if you want to stay there, but very expensive.

There are also tons of courses on St. Simons.

Jeykll Island has three courses with the clubhouse sitting right in the middle. You have Indian Mounds, Pine Lakes, and one more. I forget the name, however KellyBo is posting some links with the golf info for ya.

Coot Veal (former pro baseball player) plays golf at our course. His son is a pro at Sea Island. If I remember right, it costs a pretty penny to play there....maybe over $200?

Oleander.... It's only one I played in JI. LOL

SW -- Your friend from Ashville, his name would not be Lucas by any chance now would it? :D

Looks like I need to make a trip down there this winter. A buddy of mine who lives in Georgis and travels to Ashville plenty wants me down there for a couple rounds, so looking at flights. We"ll check March for some spring golf..

There are 4 at Jekyll: Pine Lakes, Oleander, Indian Mound, and Great Dunes (9)

I tried to price SI @ Sea Side course and it was over $300 just for a night to stay to be able to play. I didn't go any farther after I was told that. I'm waiting on cousin who friend grandfather is a member there for the invite. I've only been waiting 3 yrs guess little longer won't hurt. LOL

There are two more in Brunswick Ga.

Coastal Pines & Oak Grove Island. Both are fun courses to play and Coastal Pines usually has a coupon online ,where you can get a very good discounted green fee!

Durn yall got this thing about about wrapped up. THP travel service! Now find me a room...lol

Gray, naw it ain't the big ol mountain man, but of course anyone here is more than welcome to come on and play a round or 8 with me anytime.

I'm guessing the courses on J.I. are 9 hole sides that you mix and match for a full 18?

Durn yall got this thing about about wrapped up. THP travel service! Now find me a room...lol

Gray, naw it ain't the big ol mountain man, but of course anyone here is more than welcome to come on and play a round or 8 with me anytime.

I'm guessing the courses on J.I. are 9 hole sides that you mix and match for a full 18?

Well from the last time I was there, each course had it's own 18 holes. The nine hole layout which is close to the ocean, is a good one too. It's where the rich use to play from up North. Rockafellows and such....

No Oleander had its own 18 holes.

I have played all of the courses listed for Jekyll Island and Brunswick, I have never played on St Simons Island. Of the ones I have played, I would rank Sanctuary Cove, Golden Isles, Oleander, Indian Mounds, Pine Lakes, and Oak Grove in that order. Having said that I would not hesitate to play Oak Grove as it is a very good tract in itself. These are listed as my preference, but I believe anyone would be happy with any of these courses. Golfnow.com has deals on several of these courses.

Bump to Revive this thread.

I am hoping to get in around on Thursday Nov. 7th in the area and wanted to see if anyone has played any of the courses since 2010. There is a course called Heritage Oaks that I am considering. It looks pretty nice, but would love to hear thoughts on it or any of the other area courses. I would love to play the Frederica Golf Club, but probably not much chance of that happening.

Friday evening bump.

Currently testing the TaylorMade SpeedBlades for THP.

If it is the old Oak Grove course I have played it. It is a fairly tough track but not a bad choice. If it were me I would just head down to Sanctuary Cove which is only one exit down I-75. I would rank Sanctuary Cove, then Coastal Pines ,then the Jekyll Island courses, then Oak Grove and lastly Sea Palms courses that I have played in the Brunswick area. I also like Sappelo Hammock which is about 40 minutes above Brunswick.
I have played all of them within the last 2 or 3 years.

Thanks DD!!! Sanctuary Cove is on my short list. I thought about the King and Prince course also as I can get a discount on it, but it is still more than the others in the area .

Currently testing the TaylorMade SpeedBlades for THP.

I have heard good things about the K&P, never played it but I can recommend the restaurant :smile:

I cannot comment on any other courses in the area but I played Sanctuary Cove in March. The course was open off the tee which I like, but it was extremely tough everywhere else. Most greens were raised with collection areas and fall offs around the greens. This meant that I could not see where I needed to land my chip or pitch so I had no idea how the ball was going to react. Most of the time a shot with any spin one way or the other would hit the green and roll off into one of the low areas. Because of this it was not one of my favorite courses but I got it for only $25 and it was in great shape. Probably worth a play, but I play to try another course in the area on future road trips to Florida. The 16th was fun to give a try once and then pick up LOL

Have played Sanctuary Cove and Laurel Island Links. SC is a square design - square greens, lots of straight lines and rectangles and such. Feels very unnatural to me. Some nice holes and in great condition. I just can't get over all the straight lines. Laurel Island is beautiful and more natural looking, smooth and rolling. Also well maintained. Still hoping to make it to the king and Prince soon.

If you were free to play on Saturday the 9th I could drive up to play that morning from Jax. It's less than an hour for me to get to somewhere like Laurel Island.

Gently tapped like a downhill three-footer.

Back