Golf Channel "12 Nights at the Academy" Instructional Specials

So I really enjoyed Michael Breeds night, he did an awesome job, I know a lot of people on here talk about fighting a slice and he did an awesome job talking about just that, if you did not see it, look for it. Great instructions. Greg Norman really opened my eyes to my driver woes as well. OEM, I hope you saw his, I think you would have gained some stuff on the driver.

So I really enjoyed Michael Breeds night, he did an awesome job, I know a lot of people on here talk about fighting a slice and he did an awesome job talking about just that, if you did not see it, look for it. Great instructions. Greg Norman really opened my eyes to my driver woes as well. OEM, I hope you saw his, I think you would have gained some stuff on the driver.

damn it I forgot about this series and Ive been missing it.

Anyone else think Norman's pants were a tad too tight? I think they needed censor blurring of his man parts when they did closeups. LOL

Have it set on the dvr to record the entire series. Saw the previews and it's a must watch :good:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catch the Norman one, also the first part Michael Breeds

I just set it up to record, hopefully I get those. Im a fan of Michael Breed, I like his approach.

Don't know about this one. Sounds like it could make for good TV but I am skeptical about twelve shows so constructed being constructive. Golf Fix' best asset is that it tries to solve a specific problem for a specific golfer and any other golfer that can identify that he or she has the same problem. So the actual premise of that show is that you find a snip that helps you since the whole show is a stream of snips. Twelve shows hosted by twelve different people with differing approaches sounds to me like something where you might find a gem, a snip of advice from one or more shows that resonates for you and if you have the time to devote to all twelves shows to find them that is great. However taken in total I doubt that the series will end up being more than just good TV. Hopefully it will at least be that.

It's all about taking information that applies to you.

To me, the spin numbers were very enlightening. He was fading a 6 iron about 150 yards. When he put some draw spin into the picture, he topped out at about 186 yards. So, playing a fade can cost significant distance. I think I can work on that and maybe gain some significant distance.

Martin halls was a great session.

I agree, I think he tried to fit too many ideas into one segment though, hence the reason he was out of breath the whole time.

To me, the spin numbers were very enlightening. He was fading a 6 iron about 150 yards. When he put some draw spin into the picture, he topped out at about 186 yards. So, playing a fade can cost significant distance. I think I can work on that and maybe gain some significant distance.

yeah, i thought that was VERY cool! I have a buddy you fades everthing and gets NO distance, I would love ot see him try this

That one caught my eye, especially since his ball speed went from around 80 on the first swing to over 120 on the second swing. I wondered since I cant play a draw yet how much of it was spin vs pure speed.

That one caught my eye, especially since his ball speed went from around 80 on the first swing to over 120 on the second swing. I wondered since I cant play a draw yet how much of it was spin vs pure speed.

well, he showed you how to get it to draw, he painted a great pic with the box drill. worth a try

...he painted a great pic with the box drill. worth a try

That was the the drill that stuck with me the most. Sometimes Breed annoys me, but the man is the McGyver of golf instruction.

It's hard to believe Breed was Assistant Pro at Augusta National in early 90's. How wide-open and energetic he is I'm surprised few members didn't fall out.

Chamblee hit a flatout shank on this episode, and he has a crazy odyssey white ice putter. That cant be stock

I dvr'd the Foley one, I have the Norman one too I think.

Annika's was a bore... DELETE! Is it just me or is Nobilo packing on the pounds these days? :D

The others are pretty good and I've gotten to take away little bits here and there.

The Mediate one is just ridonkulous compared to the Foley one. Both have tons of great information, but one is so rednecky, and one is so technical.
Annika's was a bore... DELETE! Is it just me or is Nobilo packing on the pounds these days? :D

The others are pretty good and I've gotten to take away little bits here and there.

Yep,,, Frank has been eating too many frankfuggers :hungry:.. you know hot dogs

The Mediate one is just ridonkulous compared to the Foley one. Both have tons of great information, but one is so rednecky, and one is so technical.

Agreed... it's like be the ball against TMPL. :D

As soon as Rocco said "holistic" I was like nanananananananana.

I really like foleys line of thought. he seems like a very intelligent person.

I really like foleys line of thought. he seems like a very intelligent person.

I agree! very scientific and detailed.

Loved the Foley show last night. Everything he said made a lot of sense to me and I like the scientific approach he takes to the game but he had a way of explaning everything very clearly. The only weird part of the whole show was that they paired him with Charlie Rymer. The size different was so great I thought at some points Charlie might get hungry for a snack and eat that little guy.

I could definitely be a Foley guy... I graduated from college with a bs in mechanical engineering, so a lot of what he is saying is making more sense to me.

I ordered his DVD (actually Blu-Ray Disc) this morning... anyone else pull the trigger on it yet?

Back