Kmac

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
Is anyone watching this show? Heard really good things about it over the holiday so I just started catching up. It's a show about surviving in a time of zombies. Love it! Anyone else down with the zombie?

Sent from Jerry Jones' office

I thought it was great up until about the last 5 minutes of episode 4. Ep 5 was a waste. Ep 6 looks like it's going to be a chinese fire drill.

I would love to watch this show. Unfortunately with my schedule we don't get to watch a lot of shows live anymore, everything is DVR'd! And seeing how we just watched the 11/10 show of Hell's Kitchen tonight, there's no time for anything else! I haven't even watched Smallville since the week before that!

I'd love to hear what people think about it, hopefully I will have time to watch it during the summer when they show reruns!

This show is quite good. I'm a little tired of Zombies everywhere, you can't seing a dead cat these days without a zombie trying to grab and eat it and then eat you, but this is well done and intense. I've heard it's been picked up for two more seasons. It's based on a comic book series. I have a nephew who has read all the comic books, and while he didn't get too specific, I understand this is going to a be hall of a ride by the time it runs its course.

Kevin

I just watched my first episode I think it was episode 4. Watching 5 now. I'm thinking LOST but with zombies at this point. This one is a little slow.

I just watched my first episode I think it was episode 4. Watching 5 now. I'm thinking LOST but with zombies at this point. This one is a little slow.

It's nothing like Lost.

The show has already veered away from the comic book's story, which is confusing because Robert Kirkman is involved in the show. It's been picked up for a 13 ep season 2 starting next October. Everyone will have forgotten about it by then.

I have yet to watch the most recent episode. It is an interesting show. Other than the zombies, which would be interchangeable with any other deadly event that would overthrow society's norms. The show is about the nature of humans when the status quo is dessolved. If you are watching the show for the gore or zombie hunting, you will be disappointed.

I am not disappointed.

It's nothing like Lost.

The show has already veered away from the comic book's story, which is confusing because Robert Kirkman is involved in the show. It's been picked up for a 13 ep season 2 starting next October. Everyone will have forgotten about it by then.

Actually think about it, its a very similiar premise. People stuck and trying to stay alive. How many dumb filler episodes can they make before actually having to make real episodes that get somewhere. One group on a island and theyre trying to get off. This group is trying to survive zombies and get to safety.

I really like this series so far. Definitely have the DVR set up to record this every week.

what network is this show on?

what network is this show on?

Its on the AMC movie station, believe it or not.

I have been sucked into watching this show too. Generally I like the concept, but I do think the acting gets a tad corny at times.

Oh and (spoiler alert)......

Spoiler

I didn't like how the show started exactly like 28 Days Later started, with the guy waking in a hospital from a coma

exactly why I havn't gotten into it much....I smelled a rip off
Spoiler

I didn't like how the show started exactly like 28 Days Later started, with the guy waking in a hospital from a coma

I have been sucked into watching this show too. Generally I like the concept, but I do think the acting gets a tad corny at times.

Spoiler

See I missed the first few and didnt know that. That is kind of lame.

Spoiler

Or was that Resident Evil??

I caught a repeat of the pilot episode awhile back and was fairly impressed. Same director as The Shawshank Redemption. But with everything else I've got on the go and other TV shows, I haven't seen any more. Hopefully I'll find the time to catch up with it.

28 Days later started with the dude waking up in a hospital and everyone is a zombie.

28 Days later started with the dude waking up in a hospital and everyone is a zombie.

I know, but Resident Evil ended with her waking up from a coma in a hospital and everyone is a zombie. I think that premise was carried over into the sequal too. She wakes up and finds the city zombied.

Been hearing lots of good things about this show. Just need the time to sit through all the episodes I have missed. I might just wait until the season ends and have a marathon.

Been hearing lots of good things about this show. Just need the time to sit through all the episodes I have missed. I might just wait until the season ends and have a marathon.

You don't have to wait long. I think this Sunday is the final episode. Then it comes back for a full run next year. And hopefully by then directv has amc hd. I forgot how bad standard def looked.

You don't have to wait long. I think this Sunday is the final episode. Then it comes back for a full run next year. And hopefully by then directv has amc hd. I forgot how bad standard def looked.

I'm just one of those guys that can't hop on mid stream and then backtrack (call it LOST'itis). I need to watch this puppy from beginning to end. Hopefully the holidays will give me some time since most of the shows are going to hiatus now.

Yeah dude, SD is so yesterday (especially if you don't have anything to upscale it with). Unfortunately my Sammie is going through white dot small pox right now (it's kinda cool since it looks like the Star Wars hyperdrive sequence) so until that's fixed there's a halt in anything that's not kiddie related.

I like it a lot. If you really dislike the zombie genre or the post-apocalypse genre then it might not have much appeal. But there is at least some likeable characters and some interesting subplots developing. I hear a lot of people argue that there is only so far you can go with the zombie thing and the writers will exhaust all the story likes soon. Having read The Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z, I think there are plenty of stories they can tell. (I'm still awaiting the WWZ film adaptation, seems to be shelved at the moment)

exactly why I havn't gotten into it much....I smelled a rip off

The creaters liked 28 days later, in particular the opening concept so they wrote the beginning of Walking Dead that way intentially out of respect. They've been very open and complementary about it in interviews. Very common in movies/literature.

Love the show, love the genre. It's a must download come Monday morning!

Back