Contest - 2nd Annual 12 Days of Holiday Cheer

don't hold your breath brutha. they don't have to be forum members to win so chances are if one of them win, you'll never see a pic or hear from them. the best thing is that it brings phenomenal exposure to THP, and to the companies willing to participate. it's always nice to get some new members and you just never know who may stick around.

Exactly. It does suck for some unknown to win something, but they are playing by the rules. So there's really nothing to complain about. I'd rather a regular forum member won every prize but it's not the way it is set up. We do get new regular posters with every contest though.

Exactly. It does suck for some unknown to win something, but they are playing by the rules. So there's really nothing to complain about. I'd rather a regular forum member won every prize but it's not the way it is set up. We do get new regular posters with every contest though.

+1 Well said, both.

don't hold your breath brutha. they don't have to be forum members to win so chances are if one of them win, you'll never see a pic or hear from them. the best thing is that it brings phenomenal exposure to THP, and to the companies willing to participate. it's always nice to get some new members and you just never know who may stick around.

Let me play devils advocate here for a second (not directed at you TC, just some thoughts in general). How many people signed up for twitter from THP just for this contest? How many have stuck around because they kind of like it? The goal is to have the same thing happen when people find THP. I think many have found us because of a great contest and enjoyed their time and the great people here so they stick around.

The same thing for all of the contests. With every contest, my inbox or the thread fills with people that sign on to THP each week to see what we are giving away and do not participate in much around the forum except when there is a contest. Its the nature of the beast, and you are right, they are playing by the rules.

However keep in mind that those that stay around have the opportunity to get involved in reviews, win forum only contests, and of course be involved with long term forum testing such as irons, balls, gloves, etc...

The growth that THP has seen in 2010 has been phenomenal and this contest is our way of saying thank you.

Phew, I signed up last week but I thought I'ld just double check since the deadline is today. I had sent an email, but I left out everything important like my Forum name and such. That's not like me to double check something. Lucky Me!

I just hope the new forum members generated to this site from the contest see what THP is all about. Why wouldn't they join after that?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I joined THP because the folks on this site are NICE. No flaming or any of that nonsense. Everything else has been icing on the cake...great icing btw, great cake too. :)

I've been a member since Day 2, but I signed up for Twitter because of this. I've had a window open since I signed up!

I also joined Facebook for a contest and got hooked on the games.

I joined THP because the folks on this site are NICE. No flaming or any of that nonsense. Everything else has been icing on the cake...great icing btw, great cake too. :)

that could be debateable, afterall, you haven't seen "The Belt".

in all seriousness, JB's right, i'm a tweeting fool now. it's not THP mind you, but it is fun and i can use swear words on twitter.

that could be debateable, afterall, you haven't seen "The Belt".

in all seriousness, JB's right, i'm a tweeting fool now. it's not THP mind you, but it is fun and i can use swear words on twitter.
You have me there...I haven't experienced "The Belt". I'm guessing that's a good thing?

BTW that entire Tweet thing has me flim-flammed.

ps: I did Google IRKA. :)

You have me there...I haven't experienced "The Belt". I'm guessing that's a good thing?

BTW that entire Tweet thing has me flim-flammed.

ps: I did Google IRKA. :)

haha, that was a funny post.

tomorrow night, around 8:01pm, someone's life will change forever.

haha, that was a funny post.

tomorrow night, around 8:01pm, someone's life will change forever.

7:01 Central. hehehe

For some reason I'm kinda rootin for the longer time forum members who don't just join for the contests.. :/ (heheh I can't really say I've been a long time member, just this summer!) But good luck to all

It's none of my business but I cannot help wonder how many email entries :thp: has received on this one.

my prediction was 2,000 entries, which is awesome and not awesome. it greatly reduces my chances, haha.

I dont understand how non-forum members can create a paragraph that tells them how much they love THP? It must just say:

Contest Contest Contest Contest Contest
Contest Contest Contest Contest Contest.

I think its 50 words, lol

Good luck to all and may everyone have a great pre Christmas season regardless of whether you win or not. I think we are all winners on here because we have made so many great friends.

I dont understand how non-forum members can create a paragraph that tells them how much they love THP? It must just say:

Just because someone is not part of the forum, does not mean they do not know THP. We have a print publication, 2 radio shows/podcasts, and a home page that is filled with information.

I know. Its just that they are missing arguably the best part about this place, the PEOPLE.
Just because someone is not part of the forum, does not mean they do not know THP. We have a print publication, 2 radio shows/podcasts, and a home page that is filled with information.

How many were there?

i don't have a clue

that was actually pretty funny. i got a chuckle out of it.

but these are all good points. in fact, i'd be willing to say that more "non" forum members listen to the radio shows than our faithful forum members do.

I know. Its just that they are missing arguably the best part about this place, the PEOPLE.

Not everybody is a "forum person". And while we love all the people, others look to THP for the hard work they put into the articles, the radio shows, and a print magazine.

i don't have a clue

that was actually pretty funny. i got a chuckle out of it.

but these are all good points. in fact, i'd be willing to say that more "non" forum members listen to the radio shows than our faithful forum members do.

Many times you are correct.

Back