Bushnell Signs Rickie Fowler

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Bushnell Outdoor Products, makers of the #1 laser rangefinder on the PGA Tour, announced today a two-year sponsorship agreement with PGA Tour rookie Rickie Fowler. Already regarded as one of the most dynamic players in professional golf in just his first full year on Tour, Fowler will highlight the full range of Bushnell Golf products in print and broadcast advertising worldwide.

"Rickie brings a unique excitement to the game of golf," said Phil Gyori, Executive Vice President of Marketing for Bushnell. "In just his first full year on Tour, Rickie showcased his extraordinary abilities. After this highly successful rookie campaign, we look forward to working with Rickie and are thrilled that he puts his trust in Bushnell's golf products."

In addition to using Bushnell's laser rangefinders during practice rounds while preparing for tournaments, Fowler will also represent Bushnell in various marketing, advertising and promotional efforts. Additionally, Fowler's caddy Joe Skovron will wear the Bushnell Golf logo on his hat and sleeve during tournament play at all Tour stops.

"I am thrilled to be working closely with Bushnell Golf," said Fowler. "It makes perfect sense to me to be associated with the makers of the most accurate rangefinders, especially since I trust Bushnell to prepare me for every tournament."

Known for his passion for dirt bike riding and head to toe orange attire, Fowler enjoyed a stellar rookie season in which he earned $2.85 million through very consistent play and was named the 2010 PGA Tour Rookie of the Year. He had two runner-up finishes and seven top 10s in 28 events. He was selected to play for the U.S. Ryder Cup team and finished as a runner-up at the 2010 Kodak Challenge.

Bushnell, the #1 choice of professional golfers, offers a full range of laser rangefinders, which continue to change and improve the way golfers assess distances, ultimately improving performance. For more than a decade, Bushnell laser rangefinders have been used by PGA Tour professionals more than any other distance measuring device, with 91% of PGA Tour players and their caddies reporting using Bushnell laser rangefinders, according to the Darrell Survey report taken at The Players Championship, May 6-9, at TPC Sawgrass.

Nice score for Bushnell!

I tapped, I talked.

i think this is a phenomenal fit for Bushnell in 2011 and beyond. i'm not sure that people realize just how much a figure can move the needle. no offense to Bushnell, but I remember when Boo Weekley was "their guy", and he just seems to turn me off of things. i like Boo, but i felt as though he overdoes it quite a bit. i guess i kind of associated Bushnell w/Bass Pro Shops or something.

At any rate, this is a cool move for Bushnell for sure. I also think that young Fowler will get them a whole lot more exposure.

Sweet. I love Rickie's attitude toward the game and it's nice to see him being successful on and off the course.

Good point, TC. I think they are smart to get somebody with some youth and edge as a voice.

Congrats to a premier golf product company and signing Rickie Fowler is nothing but awesome!

Back