THP Radio - Never Compromise Gambler & Mt Rushmore of Putter Makers

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The Greenside is back with an all new episode this month as we talk about everything short game relevant. This show is a collaboration between The Hackers Paradise & Putterzone and this episode is full of great information.

This Episode Features:
Putter Infidelity
Never Compromise Launching The Gambler
Mt. Rushmore of Putter Makers
And so much more

Join us for this episode of The Greenside and let us know your thoughts. You can listen by clicking play right below, or download our episodes at Itunes or Podcast.com under THP Radio.

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=11594

good show this week, you're right, a little anti climactic, but i think all four you both chose deserve a spot on mt. rushmore. it's become very clear to me that i am extremely uneducated when it comes to the realm of putter. i also am unsure if that's a bad thing. i like that some guys really get into it, but i guess i just don't have that passion for putters......yet.

at any rate, good show. you and sean are both very knowledgeable on the subject.

I picked the same 4 guys also. I couldn't agree more with guys you picked to put on Mt. Rushmore of Putter Makers. Nice job!

JB you were too nice on SC about the Casanova.. I know you had to keep it PG! :D

• Admin
I picked the same 4 guys also. I couldn't agree more with guys you picked to put on Mt. Rushmore of Putter Makers. Nice job!

JB you were too nice on SC about the Casanova.. I know you had to keep it PG! :D

I thought I was rather direct. I really gave it to Sean though for being so PC about it....hehe

thats the part I am at right now

Another great show. This one actually left me with a couple questions, which is a good thing when it comes to an ongoing program. I have adopted the same four "Faces on The Mountain" for now, but bounce a bit between Bettinardi and Mendrella (sp). Bob's been there, but what has he created to alter the landscape other than a hugh name that has lasted a long time and continues to grow? Also, what information can we get on this Kevin Petterson's Fine Milling?

• Admin
Another great show. This one actually left me with a couple questions, which is a good thing when it comes to an ongoing program. I have adopted the same four "Faces on The Mountain" for now, but bounce a bit between Bettinardi and Mendrella (sp). Bob's been there, but what has he created to alter the landscape other than a hugh name that has lasted a long time and continues to grow? Also, what information can we get on this Kevin Petterson's Fine Milling?

Could one not say the same thing about Scotty Cameron?

===== QUOTE thedue ====

===== /QUOTE ====

Great point and sure you could. My guess is SC has a larger following, but that isn't creating anything dynamic either, beyond converts.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I would have to agree with this!

agreed! and better yet, which one belongs on that mountain due to a following and which one belongs on that one for innovation?

agreed! and better yet, which one belongs on that mountain due to a following and which one belongs on that one for innovation?

I think both and neither. That is why I loved the term that Sean used on the show and that is Impact. What impact did they have.

I think both and neither. That is why I loved the term that Sean used on the show and that is Impact. What impact did they have.

and a good point as well. you can't argue with the SC impact and for that reason alone it does belong. but i can't help but wonder what fuels the impact and to me, it's more about spending and marketing and less about innovation.

That's just the point TC. Neither as far as innovation from what I can tell, althought the "Honey Comp" face milling could be called an innovation.

That's just the point TC. Neither as far as innovation from what I can tell, althought the "Honey Comp" face milling could be called an innovation.

at least it's unique to bettinardi

I agree, and I like the look. But, does it affect the feel?

at least it's unique to bettinardi

Now that I think about it, how about "Das"? Bettinardi's special putter material. He uses it in certain models, but I don't know anything about it. I wonder if it's his own creation?

Now that I think about it, how about "Das"? Bettinardi's special putter material. He uses it in certain models, but I don't know anything about it. I wonder if it's his own creation?

i have no clue man, like i said in my first post, i'm not very savvy when it comes to the putter thing.

I am in a bit of a putter delima here. I love LOVE my Machine Steam Punk, but I have been dreaming of the Gambler since I rolled it at the Demo Day. I have to own this putter even if I don't put it in play.

Many believe so.

thats interesting, I would like to do a test. 2 of his exact same putter, one with the HC and one without to see how the HC affects it.

thats interesting, I would like to do a test. 2 of his exact same putter, one with the HC and one without to see how the HC affects it.

Sounds like a great test. My Betti has the HC and I've stroked a couple putts, but hard to tell when you holding it so as not to touch the signature, lol. I do think the Das material is supposed to make a big difference in feel.

Actually it is DASS. Double Aged Stainless Steel

Great show guys. I am going to check out the Gambler series.

Actually it is DASS. Double Aged Stainless Steel

Yea, that's the stuff, lol. Like I said, I don't know anything about it other than many people like the feel. Double Aged? I thought all metal was pretty old already.

Back