High School Golf TIME!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks you guys for all the encouraging words.

The varsity season here in NY already ended with us finishing second in the league (By five strokes at sectionals) Can't wait for next season, when I will hopefully have the Nike VR Pro Combo Irons in my bag! What is your scoring average for nine (about?) I mean i could guess from your handicap but I was just wondering....

BulldogsGolf

around 40-42 on on 9

Clay does SHS have any matches against Metter? When I played we played SE Bulloch but never against SHS for some reason. I guess golf was like football in class size but I don't know the case here. Well SHS was never in our region either so maybe that was the case.

Good luck ole clay :golf2:! I will be pulling for ya buddy. Keep us posted on how the season unfolds.

Clay does SHS have any matches against Metter? When I played we played SE Bulloch but never against SHS for some reason. I guess golf was like football in class size but I don't know the case here. Well SHS was never in our region either so maybe that was the case.

I think we might actually have some matches against metter....... I'm not sure though

Let me know if you do.. I'll be happy to come out! Might need to see if soriety girls from Schenkel will be cheerleaders for your team! LOL

Let me know if you do.. I'll be happy to come out! Might need to see if soriety girls from Schenkel will be cheerleaders for your team! LOL

sounds good! I might become distracted!

That was supposed to be your advantage!!!! LOL

Alright guys. Team practice starts tomorrow. My 1st high school golf practice. Freshman gotta represent!

Good luck Clay, hope you have a great year.

Best of luck Clay!

Good luck Clay, I'm sure you will do great.

Best of luck, Clay. I'm sure your season is going to be full of success!

Good luck, Clay!

Go get'em Clay! Have fun too!

ps: we're still under two feet of snow up here...and expecting another snow storm mid-week. Ugh. :)

Good luck Clay! I'm fresh out of HS golf and it was a great time. Granted we didn't have the best program but I enjoyed the competition. Sure wish I could coach now..

I too made my varsity team as a freshmen, in the 6th spot. This year, as a sophomore, I was the 4 man. Next year, a good shot at #1

I love school golf. After school, you're not doing sprints or ladders, or lifting (well maybe). No, you're playing golf or atleast at the course. In my opinion, how BA is that? Can't wait to hear updates! Good luck Clay

Clay take it to em buddy! KellyBo and I look forward to playing a round of golf with ya this month, that is if the coach will let you play with a couple of Hackers :D:golf3:

Leaving at 9 to head to our 1st tournament. We tee off tomorrow morning! To say the least, I'm a little nervous.

Leaving at 9 to head to our 1st tournament. We tee off tomorrow morning! To say the least, I'm a little nervous.
Being nervous is normal Clay. Good luck and just think of KellyBo almost going in the water on 16! :)

Nerves are a good thing. I enjoyed high school golf. I suppose it didn't hurt that I qualified #1 as a freshman... haha

I did have a little help since the high school coach allowed me to play with the team as a non-competitive player my 8th grade year just to help me get used to the whole process.

Honestly though, I could never get into the whole team thing. I wanted to beat the players on my own team even more than the guys on the other team.

My favorite thing was the GJGA tournaments in the summer. I remember one summer I played in 6 events, won three and finished in the top three in all the others. I honestly think I was better golfer then than I am now though. I didn't hit it as far but I certainly kept it in play better...

Either way, good luck out there!!

Best of luck Clay, you will be fine as soon as the competition gets under way. You know all of us here at THP are pulling for our whippersnapper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back