Official THP 2011 Golf Outing & Demo Day

Weighing in really late. Just proposed to the husband that we go. So... does any one actually bring their kiddos? This is what we're on the fence about, as we've never left them at home with anyone for an overnight. They always come on vacation - but if we bring them our golf would be limited (or I should say MY golf would be limited). I'll go see where the husband is now on thinking about going. We haven't taken a golf vacation in YEARS!

yeah, i know it's tough leaving the little ones behind but this trip is about golf, building friendships, and late nights for me patty! i'd assume you may want to do the same? that being said, nothing wrong with bringing them along either. it's a very busy, and accomodating resort.

You might not know this, but I consider myself a bit of a loner. I tend to think of myself as a one person wolfpack. But as of September last year, when JB and Golfergal organized the THP Outing and I met all the Calloways I knew I was not alone. The wolf pack grew, by 3. And so there were 4. There was 4 of us in the wolfpack, I was alone at first.. then the Calloways joined. As I met more THP'ers and my subsequent round buddys I thought hey, could it be???? Once the first glass was raised I knew it for sure. Now there is 50+ in the wolfpack. 50 people running around West Palm Beach as one looking for fun times, friends, golf and new golf equipment...

Haha, I don't think its exactly right but you get the picture. Big thanks to One T for getting the confirmation in. Can't wait to see you all there!
Myself and sir Yoccos are officially going to be attending the outting. I just faxed in my form and will let GG know when I receive confirmation.

alright, alright, alright! let the bromance really begin.

wolf.jpg

Wolfpack.jpg

You might not know this, but I consider myself a bit of a loner. I tend to think of myself as a one person wolfpack. But as of September last year, when JB and Golfergal organized the THP Outing and I met all the Calloways I knew I was not alone. The wolf pack grew, by 3. And so there were 4. There was 4 of us in the wolfpack, I was alone at first.. then the Calloways joined. As I met more THP'ers and my subsequent round buddys I thought hey, could it be???? Once the first glass was raised I knew it for sure. Now there is 50+ in the wolfpack. 50 people running around West Palm Beach as one looking for fun times, friends, golf and new golf equipment...

Haha, I don't think its exactly right but you get the picture. Big thanks to One T for getting the confirmation in. Can't wait to see you all there!

that was hilarious bro!!

So what you're telling me is that the teams this year should be Wolf pack vs Killer Turtles? If you want 3 teams you could always add the scary birds as well...

that was strange yoccos! no weirdos in my wolfpack, heck forget the wolfpack, i'm a tarheel baby!!!

nah, glad you're coming back dude, and my bro (who would drive me home?), it's gonna be fun again. looking forward to hours on the range and hours in the i bar.

that was strange yoccos! no weirdos in my wolfpack, heck forget the wolfpack, i'm a tarheel baby!!!

I knew that was comming

nah, glad you're coming back dude, and my bro (who would drive me home?), it's gonna be fun again. looking forward to hours on the range and hours in the i bar.

Definately, especially with the new schedule !!

Or all of us at the table having to help him find the number on his 175 tickets ;-)

It was a great time and Hanks, you just HAD to mention those desserts (this chocolate lifesaver I'm sucking all the sudden tastes like crap compared to that cake)

Haha, you guy's took good care of me. I don't think I spotted any of them first, you have eagle eye's, lol.

While I loved the course time, the range time and the dinner, I would have to say the Ibar was my favorite part. Meeting so many people and making friendships cannot be beat.

I have several bromances that need to be caught up on this trip.

Wolfpack all the way baby!!! What about the bowl win last night? BOOM! Baby! How about that Tarheel Bowl game! Non-existent!

Wolfpack all the way baby!!! What about the bowl win last night? BOOM! Baby! How about that Tarheel Bowl game! Non-existent!

we are no longer friends

Lol sorry guys, Andrea bought me this Alan talking bobblehead and I've been watching the Hangover a lot.

I'm excited to see everyone and meet the new people heading out!!

Still on the fence about where to fly into, I think we're leaning toward Ft. Lauderdale since it's the same price and 2 hours closer than Orlando. The crappy part is that we land at 4:55pm, not the end of the world though because by the end of the weekend I don't think I'll really miss that arrival round all that much. Flights did go up in price by $20 both into Orlando and Ft Lauderdale, not sure what that's about but I hate that part about booking trips.

I still haven't decided on my flights either. Its $80.00 cheaper into Ft Lauderdale but a bit more of a hassle then just flying into WPB. I need to decide before the prices go up anymore.

We are deciding on flights as we speak. May have found a cheaper option (out of our local airport) by leaving Wednesday night. We would get into PBI about 9:00pm and just stay at a cheap hotel by the airport. Then we could basically get an extra day in Florida and not have to drive to Chicago. It's about 150.00 more than going to Chicago, but it sucks to have to drive 2.5 hours to an airport when one is right down the road.

My flight issues are more time than price. They want me to get home at 11:30 on Sunday night. Work is going to suck the next morning! What time do most finish playing golf on Sunday? 12???

I still haven't decided on my flights either. Its $80.00 cheaper into Ft Lauderdale but a bit more of a hassle then just flying into WPB. I need to decide before the prices go up anymore.
If I were making that choice I think I'd opt for WPB myself, you'll spend $40 or so for a share of a rental car and still be an hour away from WPB. I'd love to be able to coordinate flights and share a rental but that doesn't look like an option with my arrival times being what they are. There's a lot to be said about the simplicity of the shuttle from the WPB airport, that's for sure.

My flight issues are more time than price. They want me to get home at 11:30 on Sunday night. Work is going to suck the next morning! What time do most finish playing golf on Sunday? 12???

I would count on more like 2-3pm just to be safe. Is there any way you can go back Monday morning and work a 1/2 day?

uh, take monday off homey, and carpool w/ team calloway and setho!!!

If I were making that choice I think I'd opt for WPB myself, you'll spend $40 or so for a share of a rental car and still be an hour away from WPB. I'd love to be able to coordinate flights and share a rental but that doesn't look like an option with my arrival times being what they are. There's a lot to be said about the simplicity of the shuttle from the WPB airport, that's for sure.

Have you thought about looking at Wednesday night, Jake?

are people going to be around for a second round on Sunday? Or will it be like last time people finishing golf then leaving rght after? If so I might come in Wed and play a round on Thursday to get my 4 rounds in

I do inventory control. I live in everybodys' :D favorite state NJ.

Thank you to everyone that replied to my post. The support on here is amazing. Good to know we still have people that actually care in this country.

Im starting to think the same thing. A few bucks more might be worth the ease of taking the shuttle and being done with it.

are people going to be around for a second round on Sunday? Or will it be like last time people finishing golf then leaving rght after? If so I might come in Wed and play a round on Thursday to get my 4 rounds in

No second round, but we will be around for some fun that night. We leave on Monday morning and are staying offsite Sunday nite. We will probably have dinner and drinks and then make our way to the hotel.

Back