What WAS in the Bag?

I've been pondering the general direction of my 2011 bag. Not brands as much as club selection. As I improve, I think some changes are in order.

Hybrids: I will be losing the 5h and replacing it with the 5i. I will be replacing my 4h with a similar loft, but most likely, a different brand. I hope to know about all that very soon.

Fairway woods: I want to solve the hybrid vs fwy wood question. I want to find a 3W length club that I'm comfortable with. Also, need to find out if I can hit a 5W as well as my 19.5° hybrid.

43'' is working wonders for me these days buddy. might be worth a shot.

OK- From 1995 till about 2 years ago

Driver: Hibore XL 11.5 (still have it as a back up, still a great club) before that I didn't play a driver.
Woods: Taylor Made Supersteel (First with 'bubble' shafts then with Prolaunch Blue shafts- great woods)
Irons: MaxFli Dunlop DDH II (oh yeah..- circa about 1995) PLUS a Cleveland VAS 5 iron I got for free from a magazine.
Putter: Taylor Made T.c. 3

43'' is working wonders for me these days buddy. might be worth a shot.

Yea, I worded that pretty poorly. I meant a club that gives 3W distance, whether it is a 3W or a hybrid. On a side note, I totally posted this in the wrong thread. Ooops!

FIFY dude
Yea, I worded that pretty poorly. I meant a club that gives 3W distance, whether it is a 3W or a hybrid. On a side note, the stranger totally posted this in the wrong thread. Ooops!

Yea, I worded that pretty poorly. I meant a club that gives 3W distance, whether it is a 3W or a hybrid. On a side note, I totally posted this in the wrong thread. Ooops!

haha, i feel like an idiot now. thanks hawk.

wonder how many folks could add to this thread now that christmas has come and gone?

as for me, nothing new to add to the bag, but i did get a new bag! finally got myself a GROM! in stealth, i like it.

the most successful bag i've ever carried (won a junior team national championship and a high school state championship with it):

Titleist 907d2 9.5* GD YsQ
Titleist 906f4 13.5* Aldila VS Proto
Titleist 585h 19* Aldila NV
Ping i10 3-pw z-z65
Taylormade Z TP 52* & 58*
Guerin Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet

dont know why i ever got rid of some of that stuff. my brother who's now a high school golfer has everything in that bag minus the wedges and putter. cant get it back from him ;). but im trying to go back to a similar, more updated setup. gonna keep the newer irons but i may go to i15's

The Taylormade Rossa Imola 8 is no longer in the bag....replaced by the SeeMore Si-1

the most successful bag i've ever carried (won a junior team national championship and a high school state championship with it):

Titleist 907d2 9.5* GD YsQ
Titleist 906f4 13.5* Aldila VS Proto
Titleist 585h 19* Aldila NV
Ping i10 3-pw z-z65
Taylormade Z TP 52* & 58*
Guerin Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet

dont know why i ever got rid of some of that stuff. my brother who's now a high school golfer has everything in that bag minus the wedges and putter. cant get it back from him ;). but im trying to go back to a similar, more updated setup. gonna keep the newer irons but i may go to i15's

it'd be hard to switch out with accolades like that, but i guess we're all equipment junkies aren't we? i like the i15's myself when i demo'd them, but i hate paying ping prices, lol

i see you are in TN? which school are you playing for?

Well, the Rossie putter will be out of the bag for awhile. I'm loving the CC3 so far, but we will have to see how it performs on the course before any permanent changes are made.

My Ci7 and a30S irons are now gone and soon to be replaced.

Also, the W/S 4h is no longer in the bag and I anticipate removing the 5h as well. My experience with the new irons will dictate that.

I have a doc with my bags as they change... it goes along with some of the other issues I have besides from buying every club on the planet at least once. Here was a fun one that I found:

Early 2008
DRIVER: Nike Sumo2 5900 (9.5°) with a Diamana Yellowboard 65S shaft
HYBRIDS: TaylorMade Rescue Dual TP (14°) with a UST Proforce V2 84S shaft, Rescue Dual TP (19°, 22°) with TaylorMade hDiamana 75S shafts,
IRONS: Titleist 775.CB (5-AW) with Rifle Flighted 5.0 shafts
WEDGES: Cleveland CG14 (56°, 60°) with True Temper Dynamic Gold shafts
PUTTER: TaylorMade Rossa Monza Corza 2
BALL: Wilson Staff 50/50

I remember I pretty much put this bag together blindly after getting back into golf for the first time since the kids were born (early '06). The putter was horrid. I switched to a 2-ball SRT for a short time and then bought my Yes! Valerie. I wish I had kept that 14 degree Rescue Dual.

This was another one of my favorites:

Early 2009
DRIVER: Nike Sumo2 5900 (9.5°) with a Aldila VS Proto 65R shaft
FAIRWAY WOOD: Adams A3 (13°) with a Aldila NVS 65R shaft
HYBRIDS: Nike Sumo2 (17°, 20°, 23°) with Nike hDiamana 75R shafts
IRONS: Nike Sumo (5-PW) with True Temper GS-95 R300 shafts
WEDGES: Ping Eye 2 W (51°) with a Ping Microtaper shaft, Cleveland CG12 DSG (56°) with a True Temper Dynamic Gold shaft
PUTTER: Yes! Golf Valerie

A bad shoulder had me on a regular flex shaft kick for a good year and a half. I'm glad that's over.

Beginning of this year:

Jan 2010
DRIVER: Cleveland Launcher 2009 (10.5°) with a UST Proforce V2 66R shaft
FAIRWAY WOOD: TaylorMade R9 (17°) with a Fujikura Motore 70R shaft
HYBRIDS: Nike Sumo2 (20°, 23°) with UST Proforce V2 84R shafts, Adams Pro Gold (26°) with a Matrix Ozik Altus 90R shaft
IRONS: Nike Victory Red Forged Split Cavity (6-PW) with Rifle Flighted 5.0 shafts
WEDGES: Mizuno MP-T (51°, 56°) MP-R (60°) with True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 shafts
PUTTER: SeeMore m1

I've bought too many clubs in 2010. Only the 5h is still in my bag. New Year's resolution... stop cycling clubs so much.

THis is what I had about a year ago and right when I joined THP. My Dad gave me his old hand me downs...

Driver: TM 540 XD (loved this driver)
Woods: TM Bubble Burner 3,5 and 7 woods (still excellent after all this time)
Irons: Dunlop Red Max (total garbage)
Sand Wedge: Dunlop True Test 56* (OK but nothing special)
Putter: Ping Karsten Ally

Still using the putter but as you can see from my signature, everything else has changed......thanks to THP!!

Who is this guy??

I've stayed true for the most part. Replaced my putter and hybrid (MASHIE!!).

The driver will be next. HA.
Hmmm... Well I've gone through many changes.

Irons: Lynx Predator Irons (I still love these but my little bro has them) > Pinseeker Irons (first replacement set) > Wilson Ci7's (Pinseekers traded in) > Ping ZIng 2's > TM Burner XD's (traded Pings's in) > CG7 BP's (traded TM's in) > Machspeeds (traded BP's)....

Drivers: TM 320 I think > TM Tour Burner > Nike Dymo2 Str8 > Nike Dymo Str8

Putters: Odyssey and Wilson Staff 8881

Hybrid: Pinseeker Bombshel > Nickent 3DX

FW: Nike Dymo
Holy crap! I'm just going to stick with what I have for now. Except the driverhurry up Cleveland!

Past three years:

Golden Bear CLubs (first set of clubs) Played these for about 2 months and was hooked and my obsession (a.ka. lost my mind) began. You will see what I mean as you read this post.

Adams A3oS irons
Callaway Big Bertha Irons
Nike adjustable driver
Adams A4oS irons
Taylor Made Tour Burner irons
Mizuno MX200 irons
TM R9 Driver (bought it the day it came out) Returned it 2 weeks later. I just could not hit it.
PING Rapture V2 Driver (later sold it)
PING Rpature V2 Driver (Bought a new one with a fitted shaft) Love this thing! Still in the bag.
DIablo Edge Driver (love this one too. Switch off with PING)
NIckent 3DX RC Irons (still have)
PING G15 irons (really love these/play most of time)
Taylor Made 2009 Burners (love these/still play)
Adams A70s Irons (love these/still play)
PING G15 hybrids
Adams Hybrids
Putters: Odyssey Double line, 2 Scotties, TM Spyder, 8 SeeMores (keeping these babies) FInally found what I believe is the ultimate putter for me.

Seriously, I never thought I would be addicted to golf. I do consider myself fortunate to have tried so many different clubs. It has made me aware of what to look for in golf equipment and made me much more knowledgable about the game. I love the sticks I now have...that is until the next stellar review from THP. :act-up:

My old set up, some of which I still have in the garage consists of:

Titleist 975J 10.5*
Titleist 975F 14.5* & 20.5*
Taylormade 320 4,5,& AW / 300 6 - PW
Wilson Harmonized 55* & 60*
Ping G2i C67 Putter

Not a single item came with a fitting. The irons were a recommendation from a buddy I played with once or twice a year, the woods were used, the wedges were cheap... the Ping still gets playing time and may be replaced very soon!!

I had the Orlimar OCG starter set. Will be my son's first set when he is older.

Reactions: JB
it'd be hard to switch out with accolades like that, but i guess we're all equipment junkies aren't we? i like the i15's myself when i demo'd them, but i hate paying ping prices, lol

i see you are in TN? which school are you playing for?

playin for a d2 north of knoxville called lincoln memorial university. going d1 next year! haha and ya im a club hustler for sure. one of my goals is to stay with the same clubs until at least summer haha

playin for a d2 north of knoxville called lincoln memorial university. going d1 next year! haha and ya im a club hustler for sure. one of my goals is to stay with the same clubs until at least summer haha

congrats on going to a D1 school man, that's incredible. and good luck on that goal, haha

Wow!! I still had not purchased any new clubs when I first found THP. I was in the process of doing just that at the time. So I have to go back to my 15 year old Big Bertha complete set to answer the thread question. So that is still in my basement and is 3-PW, Tuttle putter, Big Bertha driver, 3w and 5w. The entire set is graphite shaft. That set was purchased at a time when I had no time at all for golf and needed every possible aid I could get my hands on just to advance the ball. I was terrible!, almost beyond help!!

Nike Sasquatch, Then Nike Dymo
TM R7 5 Wood
Ram Laser Irons
54 TM Z TP & 60* Wilson
Yes! Putter

congrats on going to a D1 school man, that's incredible. and good luck on that goal, haha

cheers mate. im really excited. i had a rough fall, about a 78 scoring average. but i've gained a lot of weight working out and taking some time off has been good for the attitude. 2011 will be my year! pardon all the off topic ha

I had:

07 Burner driver
07 Burner 15* 3w
4-AW Titleist AP2(07 model)
56/60 Vokey Spin Milled
SC Newport 2.5

Still have it all in the garage as my "guest set"

Dunlop Force Woods, 1-3-5
Powerbilt TPS Irons, 3-PW
U.S. Kids golf sand wedge, Graphite shaft
US Kids Golf Putter

My bag has improved a lot, and come saturday, the last of my Pre THP clubs will be gone.

My bag changed a lot before THP and in the past 3 years. Here's a sample.

Driver: Titleist 975j (demoed for so long I just bought it), Callaway Big Bertha Titanium, Nike 5900, Burner '09
Fairway: Not sure I had any besides the Affinity starter set I bought.
Hybrids: Cleveland Halo. 2 and 3 I think. Maybe even a 1?
Irons: Affinity starter set and Callaway Hawkeye VFT a very generous mentor gave me.
Wedges: Callaway Hawkeye VFT
Putter: Walter Hagan

I must say, I miss that Titelist 975j.

Back