Gas Prices: What are you paying?

haha, when i was in italy and greece a couple of years ago i couldn't get over the little euro cars everywhere. it's a nice change of scenery but i'd hate to wreck in one of those.

But if you'd wreck, it would most likely come from hitting another little euro car!

But if you'd wreck, it would most likely come from hitting another little euro car!

yes, very true. i wonder if two little euro cars smacking into each other can even do any damage?

They would probably just bounce of each other, unless they were reving hard at 7k like Paulo's, then they might dent the bumpers lol

They would probably just bounce of each other, unless they were reving hard at 7k like Paulo's, then they might dent the bumpers lol

that's how paulo rolls, he's a high rev'er! speaking of little euro cars, have you seen the commercial that Dodge is putting out for the new Charger? it's classic! they've got the british in their red coats, lined up in a huge field, ready to do some revolutionary war style battle, then about 4 new chargers come barrelling at them, waving US flags, and of course George Washington is driving one. it's a great ad.

It can be pretty scary when you crash, but technology has come on leaps and bounds recently. So much so, that there was hardly a scratch on my car last time I crashed. It was a multi car pile up too, not one reportable injury. Paint job was still immaculate - look.

Spoiler
large_cars.jpg

It can be pretty scary when you crash, but technology has come on leaps and bounds recently. So much so, that there was hardly a scratch on my car last time I crashed. It was a multi car pile up too, not one reportable injury. Paint job was still immaculate - look.

Spoiler
large_cars.jpg

Haha Paulo, is that just a Scotish thing having the steering wheel in the middle rather than right or left side?

Haha Paulo, is that just a Scotish thing having the steering wheel in the middle rather than right or left side?

Totally. It's a design specification for several reasons.

One, it gives us the elbow room we need to make those sudden turns when we see a last minute sale on Irn Bru or a deep fried anything.

Two, it allows us to make the traditional friendly hand gestures of the Scots from either side, to make sure we don't miss any of our potential friends and neighbours when 'givin them the vicky'.

And lastly, it gives most protection to the passer by and casual observer, as there's less chance of us letting the mouse out of the house when in our kilts, which are worn all day, every day.

Always here for cultural help guys!
:D

One, it gives us the elbow room we need to make those sudden turns when we see a last minute sale on Irn Bru or a deep fried anything.

Two, it allows us to make the traditional friendly hand gestures of the Scots from either side, to make sure we don't miss any of our potential friends and neighbours when 'givin them the vicky'.

And lastly, it gives most protection to the passer by and casual observer, as there's less chance of us letting the mouse out of the house when in our kilts, which are worn all day, every day.

Lmao, good stuff buddy!

£1.29 per litre up near you the other day Brian (Baljaffray service station)! Crazy stuff.

I reckon that's about £4.88 a gallon. (that's about $7.50 a gallon in USD at the momemnt).

yeh, i think they have it easy. i was a bit upset that it now takes £75 to fill up my car!

and LMAO, lets not forget its so that none of your mates with ginger hair can call shotgun in the front..they always go in the back!

lets not forget its so that none of your mates with ginger hair can call shotgun in the front..they always go in the back!

haha, true. Almost forgot that they have to pay double fare if they don't wear their hat for the whole journey.

$2.55 but that was with .50 off with Bilo Loyalty Card.

just read an interesting automotive report that speculates gas getting up in the $5/gallon region here in the states by 2012. how in the hell can they speculate that? election year maybe?

The price of gas now is what they are paying for stock 3 months in advance. It would make sense that they project based on availability and demand. In the States you guys are really lucky to be paying the prices that you are. Eventually the prices will reach those ranges and in my opinion sooner than later.

The price of gas now is what they are paying for stock 3 months in advance. It would make sense that they project based on availability and demand. In the States you guys are really lucky to be paying the prices that you are. Eventually the prices will reach those ranges and in my opinion sooner than later.

gawd! high gas prices suck, but at least it means more potential car buying, which is always lovely for me.

But it also limits your choice of cars, it sucks having to consider fuel efficiency in purchasing a car. Although car companies are pushing hard on improving that

gawd! high gas prices suck, but at least it means more potential car buying, which is always lovely for me.

Do you have any cheap electric cars laying around? :D

But it also limits your choice of cars, it sucks having to consider fuel efficiency in purchasing a car. Although car companies are pushing hard on improving that

i suppose, but most major OEM's in the auto world have been focusing on more fuel efficient vehicles in the past couple of years. it's great for pre owned sales and that's most of my concern. you'll see thousands of people looking to get out of their gas guzzlers in exchange for something more efficient, then you have a huge supply of pre owned 4x4's and other large less efficient SUV's. it makes them cheaper for dealers to buy and cheaper for them to sale, and there will always be those that prefer then larger, gas guzzling rides. win win for me, as one who sells advertising to car dealers....lol

i suppose, but most major OEM's in the auto world have been focusing on more fuel efficient vehicles in the past couple of years. it's great for pre owned sales and that's most of my concern. you'll see thousands of people looking to get out of their gas guzzlers in exchange for something more efficient, then you have a huge supply of pre owned 4x4's and other large less efficient SUV's. it makes them cheaper for dealers to buy and cheaper for them to sale, and there will always be those that prefer then larger, gas guzzling rides. win win for me, as one who sells advertising to car dealers....lol

There's a silver lining in every cloud! lol

Do you have any cheap electric cars laying around? :D

nah man, but i will tell you this, get yourself a prius right now and sit on it, and if gas does get expensive, you'll make a fortune selling that thing. 2 years ago when we had the gas price increase and a hard time getting gas supply they were gold!

passed a gas station at 8am today and the price was 3.06. Same gas station at 1pm now reads 3.16 wtf?

$3.15 in Louisville, too high.

just read an interesting automotive report that speculates gas getting up in the $5/gallon region here in the states by 2012. how in the hell can they speculate that? election year maybe?

Caution political statement:

Spoiler
I thought gas prices were going up because of Bush, the oil man! What's the excuse now?

OK back to your regularly scheduled program.

Paid $2.77 in Warrensburg, MO today, that's an hour from my house. It was $2.86 all along I-70 from that exit all the way to Kansas where it jumped up to $2.95. It's nice that I drive so much in Missouri I can take advantage of the lower cost without going out of my way to get it.

Back