Golf Chick

Golf Fashionista
Reaction score
Handicap
Decreasing
So I'm at Golfsmith at the Goftec club fitting and I think I've found my replacement 3 wood. I hit all of the 5 woods on the monitor but then, he gave me a Cobra 7 wood and I was hitting much better than any if the 5 woods and I was more consistent with the 7 wood. Would a 7 wood replace my 3 wood in the bag? I'm thinking of getting the 7 wood instead of the 5 wood since I'm hitting great and consistent shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you getting the same distance with the 7 wood as you are with your 3 wood? I see you also have a 4 hybrid, so you might want to check the lofts of the 7 wood and 4h. Replacing a 3 wood with a 7 just doesn't seem right to me.

I've been struggling for a while with my 3 wood and can only hit it off the tee. This one will be my fairway club :)

If it's going to be your fairway club, I would find a way to keep the 3 for tee shots while also having the 7. Maybe replace the 4h with 7w depending on how you hit the hybrid.

My point exactly :)

7w is closer to a 4 iron/hybrid replacement than anything.

I have a new Cobra S2 7 wood added to my bag :clapp:

a6cd8bcb-b9af-a175.jpg

My new beauty!!

Nice GC, let us know how it works for you!

Congrats GolfChick! I have really enjoyed my 7 wood although I may be replacing with a Mashie in the near future! :D

Nice looking club, GC.

There's a lot of logic behind this choice if it goes the distance you need. Those Cobras are nice looking clubs.

You know what's funny, I hit a lot of 5 woods in the monitor today and the one I hit the best with was the TaylorMade Burner. Go figure :) but I hit the Cobra 7 wood and was hitting it much better in the monitor :confused2:

I used to have a great article with all of the math about why more loft will give slower swing speeds more distance. Golf Digest had a good article about it once too. In short, it's the same reason I hit a 16.5* fairway farther than a 14.5* or 15* fairway at my ~95 mph swing speed.

pretty club gc
i dont carry a 3wood... cant hit it
but i have a 4w and a 7w...
love my 7w

Nice looking stick there GC!! Let us know how it works for you out on the course.

:crying: I haven't been able to hit with it yet on the range or the course :(

Back