TaylorMade R11 Driver in Ghost

Agreed some people just buy those shafts to say "Oh ya TP shaft. Oh wait what? You don't know what TP stands for? Well I don't want to sounds cocky at all but it stands for Tour Preferred. Yep played my first round with it yesterday shot 112." Honestly get the shaft that's right for you and don't be a poser

I'm sure it would work for some people, but there are just so many options out there (and the adaptors are so plentiful) that many would be better off buying the standard version with their shaft of choice.

I'm sure it would work for some people, but there are just so many options out there (and the adaptors are so plentiful) that many would be better off buying the standard version with their shaft of choice.

Ya I agree I hit a TP shaft but I have a really high swing speed and I did get fitted for it at the MATT centre but they are 100$-150$ more than the regular shafts so people who don't need them aren't just hurting there game they are also wasting a lot of money.

this driver looks amazing

white driver colour?

white driver colour?

do you think the white paint will sell well? Do you like it?

I like the white personally but i also like the black face to reduce glare at adress

do I feel an R11 merge coming on?

Agree, hence my Miyazaki love in the R9. So many choices.

Ya I agree I hit a TP shaft but I have a really high swing speed and I did get fitted for it at the MATT centre but they are 100$-150$ more than the regular shafts so people who don't need them aren't just hurting there game they are also wasting a lot of money.

The part of the TP version that might work for some is that the TP version can give someone access to upgraded shafts in the R series. So if someone knows they are perfectly fit with a Project X or something else in the TP list, than it might work to save some cash. Outside of that, I agree, there is no reason whatsoever.

Not a big fan of white drivers

TM has put this up on their website now too. Little change of lofts as they've gone 9 instead of 9.5. Club head is 440cc instead of 460 now too.

Last edited:
TM has put this up on their website now too. Little change of lofts as they've gone 9 instead of 9.5. Club head is 440cc instead of 460 now too.

The original R9 was not 460 either.

so the R11 seems to be an "improvement" upon the original R9? (i'm asking for your opinion here)

so the R11 seems to be an "improvement" upon the original R9? (i'm asking for your opinion here)

Not sure I can answer that. But I can tell you it is not just the color that is changing.

Not sure I can answer that. But I can tell you it is not just the color that is changing.

right.

seems like it's sized similarly to the original, then function and art just go to a whole nother level. can't wait for you to get one of these at THP HQ man.

Was told yesterday that we should have the new drivers and irons in 10-14 days. Still ahead of release, but will have to work fast to get the review done for people by release.

I can't wait for the R11 then the R11 460 in 6 months. Then next season we will get the R11-Supertri and 6 months later get the R11-Superdeep.

So do you think it would be safe to assume we see an R11 460 down the road?

So do you think it would be safe to assume we see an R11 460 down the road?

If I were a betting man, then i would say yes. But I have not seen a single thing about it.

The R11 should be really interesting. Lots of technology packed into this one from what I can see. Hopefully the shaft options are there too. I know it should be easy to swap but the cost of doing so can be a hurdle at times.

If I were a betting man, then i would say yes. But I have not seen a single thing about it.

Maybe the SuperFast 2.0 fills that gap? And we dont see the R11 460 at all.

Maybe the SuperFast 2.0 fills that gap? And we dont see the R11 460 at all.

It's Taylormade, I bet you a dozen balls we see a new Taylormade driver by the end of July.

Dustin Johnson was on "Fairways of Life" this morning talking about the new equipment from TM. He said he is going to use the Forged MC's for his lower irons and then from 6-PW use the MB's. He was also talking about the R11 and how he really liked the adjustable sole plate. He thought the white was really cool too.

I know, it was 420 right? I was doing the comparison to the SuperTri. Sorry, should have specified.

EDIT: On another note, maybe they won't worry about size seeing a 440 is still a pretty big size. I don't imagine adding 20cc will not make too much of a difference.

Last edited:

TM website says it will be 6 yards longer than the SuperTri. We all know this is subjective, but it will be interesting to see how it does in JB's review.

It's Taylormade, I bet you a dozen balls we see a new Taylormade driver by the end of July.

Is that a bad thing or a good thing?

Is that a bad thing or a good thing?

I think it is a great thing. More for us to discuss and eventually buy. Plus if they keep putting out new models, then business is good.

I just think that Taylormade will have a 460cc version of this club on the market by the end of July. I feel so strongly on this fact that I made the wager.

I think it is a great thing. More for us to discuss and eventually buy. Plus if they keep putting out new models, then business is good.

I just think that Taylormade will have a 460cc version of this club on the market by the end of July. I feel so strongly on this fact that I made the wager.

Agree with you, more clubs to try and buy is a good thing. And I think we'll see a 460 version out sooner then later too.

Back