derelict, you don't just need an electric air pump, you need an air compressor (with air storage tank attached)

the cheap ones go for $100

I don't think a $20 electric pump would do the job (if someone's had success with a pump please correct me)

Tried out my new clubs with the pure grips today. Initial tackiness is superb! The weather was perfect though so I'll report back once I've tried them in the wet...which in England shouldn't be too long ;)

Not an attempt to promote, but there is a detailed installation video on the PURE grips website that covers tape and does a pretty good job of explaining how to use our install tools. Much more detailed that basic overview video. Check the blog or there is a link to it on the Tapeless Installation page where it says "Detailed Install Process". Thanks.

WesB

Hey Wes, I just saw where you posted the first time. Thanks for the info, I may have to give these guys a try sometime. I am very impressed with the 12 month guarantee

Looks like I've got a great excuse to finally go get that air compressor for the garage! :act-up:

A lot of my golf buddies go through a ton of cash replacing their grips and this seems like an excellent way to avoid all the hassle.

Looks like I've got a great excuse to finally go get that air compressor for the garage! :act-up:

A lot of my golf buddies go through a ton of cash replacing their grips and this seems like an excellent way to avoid all the hassle.

You hit the nail on the head. People were actually enjoying doing their grips with this system.

You hit the nail on the head. People were actually enjoying doing their grips with this system.

I love the concept! There were quite a few PURE grips on clubs at the outting if I remember correctly

I took a look at these and what do you think is the closest grip to the Winn Pci Hybrid (6pchy-bbl) in their collection? I want to regrip my clubs and my wifes clubs over the winter and this looks to be the least expensive way to do so.

Being that the Winn PCI is my favorite grip, I would say you want something soft. I went with their softest wrap they had in their collection. While it is not the same as the Winn PCI, I got used to it pretty fast. In the end though, I can always use the system they have in place and put my old grips back on or new Winn PCI grips back on as well.

I really need to regrip my irons and since I already have the compressor I may have to try these out. I was looking at the Winn PCI Hybrid that JB had recommended in another thread and I really like the look of those as well just wish I had somewhere close to check them out instead of blind ordering from the web.

The system looks really cool and this would save a lot of money I think. I play with midsize golf pride new decade multicompound and I love them but I think when it comes time to change all my grips I will look at this.

I am thinking about changing my entire bag here soon and I am thanking the lucky stars that I have this thing now to do so.

i will be having my first experience with the PURE grips. i am putting an avixcore xstiff shaft in my superfast 3w and decided to put a PURE grip on it. i know it may not be relevant to this thread but i am excited about giving it a go.

Interesting set up for sure ! I have always liked chord grips , is there a way to develop a chord grip with your rubber compound ? Or am I just old school as most players are moving towards non chord grips ?
I do like the pricing for sure as I was pricing grips for my 10 year old X14's last month , and decided to put that money towards a new set of sticks !!!!!!

Check out the review on the home page. There is a section discussing using other grips since they do not have some models.

received my pure grips and gun in the mail today. Decided to install them on my wedges tonight. I thought the system was pretty easy. The first grip I had a little issue lining it up, but to be honest I was more worried about just getting the grip on. Once I got it on I was able to get it straight by using some bursts of air. Depending on how I like the feel of the stock grips on the Taylormade Forged Irons that I will be testing, I will probably throw these on them. While it wasn't as smooth as it looks in the video on their website, it was close. My second grip went very easily and I was able to get it all lined up.

Rockbottomgolf.com right now has these grips going for 49.99 for 13 plus the gun attachment, just in case anyone is thinking of going this route.

While it wasn't as smooth as it looks in the video on their website, it was close.

I swear the more you use it, the better and easier it gets too. I did a full set of irons in about 12 minutes this morning.

What grips are most people using and is anybody building up the grips with tape?

I have the yellow pro grips and love them.

I use the reds. I have built up a set with tape with no issues. When doing so, I use a small amount of lubricant with the air and they slide right on.

I swear the more you use it, the better and easier it gets too. I did a full set of irons in about 12 minutes this morning.

I believe it! It was much easier the 2nd grip. I really like the system. You are right, you need short bursts of air instead of just hammering it down. I think it's a great product.

What grips are most people using and is anybody building up the grips with tape?

I have the yellow pro grips and love them.

I just put the red grips on. Did not use tape to build them up. Do you?

I use the reds. I have built up a set with tape with no issues. When doing so, I use a small amount of lubricant with the air and they slide right on.

Do you have long fingers or just like a thicker grip? Does a thicker grip help with any swing issues?

Back