Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

This grip might look really cool on the Mashie, I say MIGHT, Im not sure. Thoughts?

Winn 5LF-HERO

Nope. Are you? Look under my name over there. Im serious.

ahhh, didnt realize how serious you were.

I am not joking, I dont like the Camo for it because this club to me is vintage looking, the camo is not vintage looking. so, IMHO, I do not like the camo for that reason.

Guys lets please keep this to the Mashie Testing. If you want to talk grips we have other threads for that. Thanks.

Going to play 9 tomorrow sometime so I will have another report back with the mashie. Things have been going good lately so hopefully it continues.

So, so far - has anyone found any detriments to this club?
No critical flaw, no nitpicky nuance?

Im not a fan of the stock grip. Its not as bad as most of the stock offerings, but its not my favorite at all.

One that I mentioned is that in the cold weather, I noticed a little harshness in the hands on mishits. To be fair, in the same conditions, I also noticed harshess with a30S irons, which are pretty muted in normal conditions when it comes to feedback.

Im not a fan of the stock grip. Its not as bad as most of the stock offerings, but its not my favorite at all.

have you switched it out or are you using the stock one for review purposes?

I am still using the stock and what I am finding is that the more I use it the more I like it, but when I first started, it was not my cup of tea. If I can find a nice weighted replacement I may change out. But outside of that, this is the best hybrid I have ever hit.

A little wear makes it better? Sounds like every grip ever made.
I am still using the stock and what I am finding is that the more I use it the more I like it, but when I first started, it was not my cup of tea. If I can find a nice weighted replacement I may change out. But outside of that, this is the best hybrid I have ever hit.

No, its not about the wear. its about the feel for me. I like very soft grips and this was not one out of the box. However I am getting used to it.

The grips on my irons are getting worse with wear... they used to be nice and grippy but now they're hard and not so grippy.

JB and everyone who's used this club, your arguments are really making it hard for me to save money.
You know that the time-value of the money I'm now going to spend on the Mashie could become something big in 50 years? right? or so I keep telling myself.

The grips on my irons are getting worse with wear... they used to be nice and grippy but now they're hard and not so grippy.

JB and everyone who's used this club, your arguments are really making it hard for me to save money.
You know that the time-value of the money I'm now going to spend on the Mashie could become something big in 50 years? right? or so I keep telling myself.

This is why we love testing like this. I could rave about this club but it may not work for a group of people, so we were lucky enough to have 50 hit it at the outing and they raved about it as well. But we wanted further testing, so we grab 5 people from THP and have them test it long term on the course. The beauty behind this one is that this club is getting rave reviews by almost everybody that has tried it.

So Golf Digest doesn't like the look of the Mashie. This forum seems to prove that there are quite a number of golfers that think otherwise. I think the retro look is sharp, and much easier to look at than white.

I actually really like the grip alot, it's pretty firm but it has some different patterns into the grip that make it really easy for it to not slip. I could very easily play this without a glove. But then again I like the firm grips like this that have patterns cut in for that extra grip were your hand won't slide at all.

With that said about me liking the stock grip, I have actually thought about putting on a Multi compound grip just to see what happens since I know some people won't like the stock grip on it. There is a 10 gram difference between the 2 (if I remember right) and some were thinking it will mess up swing weight but I might do it just for testing purposes..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you guys post a picture of just the grip?

Check page 13 I posted one in my original review and think some others did to. My pictures aren't great though and if you want some more I'm sure some of the other guys can post up some better ones for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heading out to play at the local muni today. It is going to be 30*. I plan on using the Mashie as much as possible. I will post results later today.

Tapatalk makes meetings so much fun.

here is a minor detailed question. How is the headcover holding up for those testing? I think the headcover looks good, but I would rather have the kind that was on the DST model. With the sock style is it fraying or have you gotten any holes in it?

For me the headcover is holding up very well. I really like the sock style headcovers and I have RocketTour covers on my driver and 3w. I can't honestly say that the Mashie headcover feels studier and so far has stretched out less than my other sock covers.

Back