Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

Looks like we have some pretty good news for those following the testing.

Official release date 3/1/2011
$149.99

$149.99

March 1 is bad news! I was hoping for an earlier release. Price is really good news though! Thanks for the info JB.

Considering the Miyazaki C. Kua hybrid shaft has a price point of $140, this is incredible news on price.

$149.99

it makes me extremely happy to see that price. i honestly thought they may be $199, so to see it priced at $150 is great news. at this point, i will more than likely be adding the 18* to the arsenal, removing the 3 and 4 iron and possibly a 3 wood.

THat is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!! I should be sporting two Mashie's by the outing. What great news. I know there was speculation but to actually see this as a list price is amazing.

$149.99

March 1 is bad news! I was hoping for an earlier release. Price is really good news though! Thanks for the info JB.

Agreed on both points. Seriously, March?

Its funny, because at $199, I thought it was a good buy based on the fact that I believe this is the best hybrid shaft on the market for many that have tried it. At $149, I just cannot see taking another head and adding a C. Kua to it. You could get two Mashies for the same price.

Its funny, because at $199, I thought it was a good buy based on the fact that I believe this is the best hybrid shaft on the market for many that have tried it. At $149, I just cannot see taking another head and adding a C. Kua to it. You could get two Mashies for the same price.

i couldn't agree more. it's a no brainer.

Agree 100%. Even anyone who is considering a C Kua, might as well try the Mashie. Same price, no installation and I guarantee that they won't even bother reshafting their other hybrid. The Mashie is just a complete monster.

You're so right here. This is exactly why I am so sold on these clubs. The shaft is such a big bonus. I was contemplating upgrading the shaft in my R9 but have decided to just try out the Cleveland drivers because of the shaft. Incredible value on a club that is already great.

.. +1 for the Mashie

This price point is almost too good to be true. Pretty much guarantees I'll be buying at least 2 of these, probably 3 and possibly 4.

JB, any word on the online Miyazaki shaft fitting?

This price point is almost too good to be true. Pretty much guarantees I'll be buying at least 2 of these, probably 3 and possibly 4.

We thought it was coming a few days ago, but they are working on a few things apparently. Expect it soon though.

We thought it was coming a few days ago, but they are working on a few things apparently. Expect it soon though.

Excellent news! I'm really curious to see how it works. I've always thought one effective way to do it would be to have some sort of translator for the Mizuno optimizer numbers, but I'm not sure if that would be a form of copyright infringement or not.

I've been thinking about this a lot. I originally wanted to replace my 3w. But looking at this price point, I'm thinking of replacing my 4i with the 23* and waiting on my 3w replacement after my driver lol.

This club flat out performs. I'm getting better but still not 100% consistant with my long irons. I'm going to experiment more with short swings with the 20.5*. See how it works out.

I've been thinking about this a lot. I originally wanted to replace my 3w. But looking at this price point, I'm thinking of replacing my 4i with the 23* and waiting on my 3w replacement after my driver lol.

This club flat out performs. I'm getting better but still not 100% consistant with my long irons. I'm going to experiment more with short swings with the 20.5*. See how it works out.

So you are thinking of bagging a 20.5* and a 23*?

Im thinking of ditching the 4I too and at that price point it just makes too much sense to do it. 3W, 2 Mashie and then 3 Mashie

Yup to both! Keeping the 3w until after the driver purchase and additional Mashie. If I just took the uncertain long iron out of the equation, my game would be really in good shape. Eventually I see that 3w being replaced. Not because it isn't good, the Mashie is just THAT GOOD.

So you are thinking of bagging a 20.5* and a 23*?

Im thinking of ditching the 4I too and at that price point it just makes too much sense to do it. 3W, 2 Mashie and then 3 Mashie

+1. Mashie is a must buy at that price point. Just in time to buy and get acquainted with it before the Outing

Tapatalk, it's not for everyone

Can't believe we have to wait until march for this to come out but I cannot believe this price point. For $150 there will be one in my bag the day they hit the stores.

Well I'm going to take both of your advise. I was a little unsettled when the Mashie came out as a "Silver Medalist" in the latest Hot list from golf digest. But...., I'll take your advise and wait for the Mashie. I;m not going to be able to hit it before I buy so I hope your advise is on the money!!! 150 Bucks!!!

I had a temporary lull in excitement after reading the GD review but I value the reviews and input from the members here much more than GD. Their negative was the "retro raw" finish...which I really like. If another company, one that is currently for sale for instance, released a club with this finish it would be deemed classic and clean.

My current dilemma is what loft to try first. :D

$149 is an awesome price for the Mashie!

Dont get me wrong I do read the hotlist. But I noticed what JB has pointed out. They loved the performance. It is a beast of a hybrid. Thats the most important imo.

Try em all haha. $149 is an insane price!!

I had a temporary lull in excitement after reading the GD review but I value the reviews and input from the members here much more than GD. Their negative was the "retro raw" finish...which I really like. If another company, one that is currently for sale for instance, released a club with this finish it would be deemed classic and clean.

My current dilemma is what loft to try first. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does that mean you are thinking 2, 3 Mashie, no 4 iron, then 5 iron? Which Mashie are you testing and how does it compare to the Burner 2.0 4i?

Back