Your Driver Shaft Length

Anything over 40" and I hit the ground on my back swing.

pics? thats crazy haha.

in response to the thread, 44.75 seems to be my number. don't know why, i just feel comfortable with it

pics? thats crazy haha.

in response to the thread, 44.75 seems to be my number. don't know why, i just feel comfortable with it

It's all in the height man. I still have people chasing me looking for a pot of gold.

I dont even have the new R11 or SF 2.0 and I know that I will cut down which ever I decide to go with. I really liked last years SF so most likely the 2.0 too. I may take a few swings with it stock but Im sure I'll cut it down.

I play with the stock shaft length of my R9 supertri 45.75" I have swung the superfast with the 46" shaft and had no real issue with it, I don't know if the fact that I am a tall golfer has anything to do with this.

I would think it has more to do with how your arm length is in relation to your height.
I play with the stock shaft length of my R9 supertri 45.75" I have swung the superfast with the 46" shaft and had no real issue with it, I don't know if the fact that I am a tall golfer has anything to do with this.

Ive never found any huge difference in anything less than an inch of difference.

I had a Superfast with 46.5 and just switched to the Adams 9064LS at 45.5 and have noticed much more consistant contact with the shorter shaft. I'm longer due to hitting the center of the face much more.

I dont even have the new R11 or SF 2.0 and I know that I will cut down which ever I decide to go with. I really liked last years SF so most likely the 2.0 too. I may take a few swings with it stock but Im sure I'll cut it down.

You usually keep the stock shaft and just cut it down Kevin?

I had a Superfast with 46.5 and just switched to the Adams 9064LS at 45.5 and have noticed much more consistant contact with the shorter shaft. I'm longer due to hitting the center of the face much more.

Makes total sense to me. I went to the range earlier today. I hit my irons pretty good but rarely hit the driver on the center of the face. Glad the Superfast TP is a black face because it shows me the ball marks and they are mostly all toward the heel. Doesn't make sense that if you pull the driver head closer to me those hits may end up center of face?

45" for me. I can't make consistent contact with those 46-46.5" clubs.

I've played a round with driver lengths from 43.5 up to stock driver shaft lengths at 46 inches. I've found a 44.75 works well with very little if any loss of distance. I'll gladly live with a 3 yard shorter drive in the short grass compared to something a little longer in the left or right rough.

I took an inch off mine when I regripped it. Grip was worn down towards clubhead, new at butt end. No noticeable difference because I still grip the club in the same place.

I would think it has more to do with how your arm length is in relation to your height.

Ive never found any huge difference in anything less than an inch of difference.

Could be, I was just taking a guess as to why it doesn't seem to bother me.

I was fitted for 47-inches. My fitter/pro said that's the ideal length for me after a lot of experimenting.

I was fitted for 47-inches. My fitter/pro said that's the ideal length for me after a lot of experimenting.

Dude how tall are you? Haha.

Yep. I'm 6ft1" but I have pretty long arms and a 43.5/44 felt just right for me while 45" or longer does feel a bit like a fishingrod. That's exactly what the Superfast felt like, I thought I was gonna hit the guy behind me in the backswing on the range.

You usually keep the stock shaft and just cut it down Kevin?

Depends on the shaft. On last years SF TP I put a PX 5.5 in it. Id probably start with the stock shaft in the SF 2.0 and cut it down. And maybe think about a better shaft later.

My Diablo Edge plays at 44" and my VR Tour plays at 44.75"

Dude how tall are you? Haha.

Length doesn't always have to do with height, alot of other factors play into driver length. I would swing a 48" long shaft if i could keep it in the right zip code.

A golfer's ability to consistently hit the center of the driver face has a lot to do with hand-eye coordination. Players that have what we call 'good feel' and have the ability to know where the club head is during the down swing are the players that do well with longer driver shafts.

Depends on the shaft. On last years SF TP I put a PX 5.5 in it. Id probably start with the stock shaft in the SF 2.0 and cut it down. And maybe think about a better shaft later.

What about the three wood?

Anyone cut that down too? I noticed that this years Superfast 2.0 3 wood will be 43.75" which is a tad longer than the original Superfast 3 wood which is 43.5."

Anyone cut that down too? I noticed that this years Superfast 2.0 3 wood will be 43.75" which is a tad longer than the original Superfast 3 wood which is 43.5."

Ya OEM cut the superfast 3 wood down to, I was next in line to buy it but P4B liked it a lot. Can't remember exactly how much he cut it down but it has a Miyazaki in it and I hear it's ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya OEM cut the superfast 3 wood down to, I was next in line to buy it but P4B liked it a lot. Can't remember exactly how much he cut it down but it has a Miyazaki in it and I hear it's ridiculous.

WHAT!? There's a Superfast 3 Wood out there with a Mayazaki in it? And it's being passed around? Can I get dibs on that? Come on people, you want the white one!

WHAT!? There's a Superfast 3 Wood out there with a Mayazaki in it? And it's being passed around? Can I get dibs on that? Come on people, you want the white one!

It's not being passed around. P4B bought it from OEM, I was just saying it had a Miyazaki in it and if P4B wouldn't have bought it I probably would have.

Yep I cut down the SF 3W as did FLTC too. Cut it down to 43" and found it much more to my liking.

Back