True Temper DG Spinner Shafts + Interview

exactly! no one's gonna make fun of a dude with sparkle red shafts........................oh, nevermind, haha. nah, plug them in there, see if you like them. i suspect you will.

Tons of people mocked Bubba's pink shaft 2 years ago too. Now that he won, made the rydercup, & has a big following on twitter, no1 can argue with his success (unless you mention the PGA, but how much can you ask of a guy in 1 year).

I agree that its worth a shot. If the extra spin helps earn you 1 skin in your weekend game, the shafts and replacements already pay for themselves.

I would love to have the shaft in at least one wedge, but they can not be purchased anywhere (shaft only) that I can find. Anyone know when these will be available for purchase?

I would love to have the shaft in at least one wedge, but they can not be purchased anywhere (shaft only) that I can find. Anyone know when these will be available for purchase?

They are now. At many retailers it seems. I know that quite a few forum members have purchased them as well as won them from THP.

Were these shafts more or less designed to compensate for the loss of spin with the new grooves? Would putting them in the old square grooves then give you too much spin (I know stupid question because depends on how much spin you can generate to begin with)

Just a random rant;
As impressive as spinning it back is, in my opinion even for the pros spinning it back more often then not hurts them rather than helps.

Sure once in a while they spin it back into the hole but at least 9 of 10 times I see them land it within a few feet of the hole and spin it back and nearly if not off the green or back on down a tier lower on the green, yet every one claps when they see it spin back...

I'll take one hope and stop over spinning it back any day...

Last edited:
Were these shafts more or less designed to compensate for the loss of spin with the new grooves? Would putting them in the old square grooves then give you too much spin (I know stupid question because depends on how much spin you can generate to begin with)

Just a random rant;
As impressive as spinning it back is, in my opinions even for the pros spinning it back more often then not hurts them rather than helps.

Sure once in a while they spin it back into the hole but at least 9 of 10 times I see them land it within a few feet of the hole and spin it back and nearly if not off the green or back on down a tier lower on the green, yet every one claps when they see it spin back...

I'll take one hope and stop over spinning it back any day...

I would say take a listen to the show in the 1st post. I believe we addressed that very question. Its a good listen to, the man behind it is very interesting.

It does not really have much to do with spin. All about fitting them properly.

I know you had some success with Eidolons at the beginning when you got them, but have you thought perhaps that the wedge heads are causing this? THe reason I ask is because of their V sole technology and its ability to dig. I spoke to a well known pro today and he had just put the Spinners in his wedges. I asked about your issue to him and he was a little confused. He is not sure a shaft could ever really cause this. He said the same as some others that length could have changed, but most standard are pretty standard. He asked what wedges and I told him the Eidolons and he said that he has seen a few people struggle with heavy shots due to their sole.

JB, thanks for asking the pro this question in my behalf. I have thought it was the wedge head causing this because I had a ver similar problem when I tried the cg15s. I am going to try to work through this, I had some success yesterday and I hope it will get better in time. Again thanks for reaching out!

JB, thanks for asking the pro this question in my behalf. I have thought it was the wedge head causing this because I had a ver similar problem when I tried the cg15s. I am going to try to work through this, I had some success yesterday and I hope it will get better in time. Again thanks for reaching out!

i have no doubt that you're just catching everything chunky rhino. it happens a lot after one has bee practicing a ton off of mats, believe me. try choking up just a hair, playing that ball back inyour stance just a bit. that should help promote some ball first contact. it was just a bad day on the course with the wedges bro, i know it.

Vibrant golf is running a contest, giving away two per week and get them colored/protected the color of your choice. Thread is around here or check out their website

i have no doubt that you're just catching everything chunky rhino. it happens a lot after one has bee practicing a ton off of mats, believe me. try choking up just a hair, playing that ball back inyour stance just a bit. that should help promote some ball first contact. it was just a bad day on the course with the wedges bro, i know it.

I tried a couple of things yesterday TC. I'll get the hang of it, if not somone will get a nice pair of wedges...LOL

I tried a couple of things yesterday TC. I'll get the hang of it, if not somone will get a nice pair of wedges...LOL

nah, don't quit on them, they're great wedges. it can also have a lot to do with the surface you're playing off of. just hang in there.

Would it be cheaper to send them to vibrant and have them installed? 9 iron sent his in, he might be able to give you a heads up on shipping cost and what not.

I couldn't find these shafts on GolfTown's website and this is the only place I've seen with prices... darn that's alot of money. Up here in Canada they'd be more like $30+ so to get my 3 wedges done that's over $100, probably closer to $120 with grips and labour...

I get my posting on the run

Would it be cheaper to send them to vibrant and have them installed? 9 iron sent his in, he might be able to give you a heads up on shipping cost and what not.

Yes it is. About to send mine here next week or week after and there $25 a shaft. Its $10.99 for return shipping.

I think I have been lucky so far. I have had a good deal of fun playing wedges with these spinner shafts. I doubt really know why but initially I thought I was going to be all over the map with them but that has not been the case.

Those guys are awesome, I didn't know they had them for $25 either.

Just got home from the range trying to dial in my 60* with the spinner, just for kicks I grabbed another 60* without the spinner. No comparison, even with the old box grooves in the other 60* wedge I was seeing better check, and more predictable roll out with the spinner in my new wedge. Wished I had them put in my gap and pw from Mizuno when they were assembled.

Yes it is. About to send mine here next week or week after and there $25 a shaft. Its $10.99 for return shipping.

I'm afraid not - it's $25 to get them coated + the shaft + $10 labour per club + shipping. Just not a viable option I"m afraid.
I also enjoy my shafts being chrome.

I'm afraid not - it's $25 to get them coated + the shaft + $10 labour per club + shipping. Just not a viable option I"m afraid.
I also enjoy my shafts being chrome.

You dont not have to get them coated. Im not having my coated, just buying the shafts from them. Im buying 3 spinner shafts, plus im buying 3 $6 dollar grips from him then add $10.99 shipping and he is checking all my irons to make sure all the lofts/lie/lengths are good and only charging me $120 thats a heck of a deal for all that.

You dont not have to get them coated. Im not having my coated, just buying the shafts from them. Im buying 3 spinner shafts, plus im buying 3 $6 dollar grips from him then add $10.99 shipping and he is checking all my irons to make sure all the lofts/lie/lengths are good and only charging me $120 thats a heck of a deal for all that.

That's very interesting - although I think there must be a cheaper local option for this. If there isn't, then something is way wrong.

That's very interesting - although I think there must be a cheaper local option for this. If there isn't, then something is way wrong.

Just give willis a call at vibrant golf and see what yall can work out, he is a real nice guy, and if its to much for you then im sure there is something local.

Not sure what price you were looking at but, buying 3 spinner shafts + shipping is only $90 from him. It might be a $100 for you since shipping to Canada is a little more but $100 for 3 shafts plus installed is not bad at all.

DG Spinners

DG Spinners

Hey guys, just wondering about the DG Spinners....... How is it that they work and if you've used them what did you think of them. They are supposed to add spin to make up for the lost zip grooves. Thanks

BulldogsGolf

Merged with a huge thread and radio show on the topic.

I have 2 being delivered this weekend, can't wait to get them in my XFTs

just received an email that my spinner shafts have been installed. Running go pick them after work today.

just received an email that my spinner shafts have been installed. Running go pick them after work today.

Congrats ddec! You're going to be happy with those shafts for sure.

Back