TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 & TP Driver Review Thread

JB, which one would you keep if you had to make a decision today? My swing speed is around 107 mph with the driver.
The TP SuperFast 2.0 will still be more open at address in my opinion and they are VERY different drivers in things such as spin.

JB, which one would you keep if you had to make a decision today? My swing speed is around 107 mph with the driver.

I would need more info than that. Do you know what kind of spin you get on the driver? I liked the SuperTri a lot and played it for about a year. I like high spin drivers myself as it gets me a little more carry distance.

No, I did it earlier in the year and my numbers were very good with this club. I am going to try and get a fitting as soon as possible. It could be that the supertri TP might work the best, but I hope not .. lol
I would need more info than that. Do you know what kind of spin you get on the driver? I liked the SuperTri a lot and played it for about a year. I like high spin drivers myself as it gets me a little more carry distance.

Is the carry/distance the reason to play a higher spinning driver? I tried the supertri and felt that it accentuated my fade or draw because of the high spin head. I have had straighter ball flight with the superfast TP and am eyeing the r11. Wondering if the superfast 2.0 TP would be a better fit?

I was in Florida last week and with wet fairways, I was carrying around 250. Later in the week when the fairways were getting more role, I got it out to 285. I am capable of hitting it at 300 with good conditions.

Is the carry/distance the reason to play a higher spinning driver? I tried the supertri and felt that it accentuated my fade or draw because of the high spin head. I have had straighter ball flight with the superfast TP and am eyeing the r11. Wondering if the superfast 2.0 TP would be a better fit?

It really should not accentuate side spin that much.

I was in Florida last week and with wet fairways, I was carrying around 250. Later in the week when the fairways were getting more role, I got it out to 285. I am capable of hitting it at 300 with good conditions.

If you are getting those kind of distances and the SS is at 107, I would NOT change a thing.

Good point JB... I will get fitted and bring my Supertri driver and compare the numbers and see what happens. I got that Supertri in May and loved it. I have been using ping drivers for 30 years and the difference in the TM was like night and day. I really appreciated your thoughts tonight. For us guys who are stuck in the middle of winter, keep posting. We are living through your posts.. lol
Sincerely,
Steve francis
It really should not accentuate side spin that much.

If you are getting those kind of distances and the SS is at 107, I would NOT change a thing.

Good point JB... I will get fitted and bring my Supertri driver and compare the numbers and see what happens. I got that Supertri in May and loved it. I have been using ping drivers for 30 years and the difference in the TM was like night and day. I really appreciated your thoughts tonight. For us guys who are stuck in the middle of winter, keep posting. We are living through your posts.. lol
Sincerely,
Steve francis

I aim to please and me and hundreds of others are always here to help.

I wasn't sure where to put this JB, please move if need be. One quick note about the superfast fairway wood. This is a very solid club. It put me in great position on the interesting number 16, par 5 carrying 200 yds of water to get near the green. I had a lot of confidence in this stick and it performed very well. It's deadly accurate, forgiving, and long. I thought this was upgrade from my 09 Burner FW.

Even though it is last years model and its a FW wood, we will keep it here for now.

Thank you. Everybody hears "high spin" and they run away. I am really curious if the Superfast 2.0 tp will be as good as last years. I loved that stick, but got the Supertri instead, because it wasn't in stock when I made my purchase. I am happier with the Supertri because of my distances from the high spin head.

then again i do love my SF 3w, so perhaps this one should be pondered as well.

I am definitely interested in trying out the 2.0 and the TP version. Here is my question for those of you that have been around a while. It is obviously easier to get fitted in the R line of drivers having the adjustable head and all. Before I got my SuperTri I was able to try all the available shafts at Golf Galaxy and determined the Fubuki 63 was the shaft for me. That being said does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could try the available TP shafts before purchasing? I have looked into a possible Taylormade demo day but their are none coming to Houston anytime soon. I would appreciate any suggestions.

I am definitely interested in trying out the 2.0 and the TP version. Here is my question for those of you that have been around a while. It is obviously easier to get fitted in the R line of drivers having the adjustable head and all. Before I got my SuperTri I was able to try all the available shafts at Golf Galaxy and determined the Fubuki 63 was the shaft for me. That being said does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could try the available TP shafts before purchasing? I have looked into a possible Taylormade demo day but their are none coming to Houston anytime soon. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Well, four more spots just opened up for the biggest THP demo day ever at the PGA National Resort. You could hit just about every shaft and head combo down there and see what works for you. And then play some amazing golf and meet people from the site too. Just sayin..

Well, four more spots just opened up for the biggest THP demo day ever at the PGA National Resort. You could hit just about every shaft and head combo down there and see what works for you. And then play some amazing golf and meet people from the site too. Just sayin..

Outside of this, I am not sure I have an answer.

TMPL I am sure has many of the shafts if you have one in your area. Another option would be to contact Taylormade and see what certified TM fitters they have near you.

That's what I was afraid of. I will check with the guy that fit me for my R9 irons. Thanks for the help guys.

Here is what I did....instead of relying on retail stores, search out private golf clubs. I did and got to experience one of the best golf days of my life without even playing a round of golf. I went to Kinloch (just listed as one of the best gems in the US behind Augusta, Pine Valley and Oak Hill)...$50 and I could literally hit almost anything i wanted....Mizuno, Titleist, TM, Adams and with all the different shafts available. All of this on a LM, in a heated bay on one of the best ranges I have ever seen. You will be surprised what the private clubs will allow to drive some additional sources of revenue, especially during the off season. Good luck!

Here is what I did....instead of relying on retail stores, search out private golf clubs. I did and got to experience one of the best golf days of my life without even playing a round of golf. I went to Kinloch (just listed as one of the best gems in the US behind Augusta, Pine Valley and Oak Hill)...$50 and I could literally hit almost anything i wanted....Mizuno, Titleist, TM, Adams and with all the different shafts available. All of this on a LM, in a heated bay on one of the best ranges I have ever seen. You will be surprised what the private clubs will allow to drive some additional sources of revenue, especially during the off season. Good luck!

That sounds like a pretty good idea/deal. I might give them a call when I get back from travel, neighbor.

That sounds like a pretty good idea/deal. I might give them a call when I get back from travel, neighbor.

And if that is your Lambo, consider a test drive as a thank you. :) mferguson@kinlochgolfclub dot com is the guys contact info.

And if that is your Lambo, consider a test drive as a thank you. :) mferguson@kinlochgolfclub dot com is the guys contact info.

Haha, I wish. Thanks for the info.

Getting a chance to demo these clubs (and the entire 2011 Taylormade line) would be a great, but alas, it isn't meant to be for this guy. I am happy that TM released a 4 wood in the Superfast this year.

JB do you know what the other Taylormade shaft options are going to be in the TP version? Taylormades website doesn't have them listed yet.

JB do you know what the other Taylormade shaft options are going to be in the TP version? Taylormades website doesn't have them listed yet.

I dont, but will have some specs soon for you. However if I were a betting man, I would suspect the usual suspects with a nice heavy dose of Fujikura....hehe

I dont, but will have some specs soon for you. However if I were a betting man, I would suspect the usual suspects with a nice heavy dose of Fujikura....hehe

That's what I was guessing. They will probably offer similar shafts to what they had last year but I am still anxious to see the list.

I really want to hit this Superfast 2.0 TP, I love the look....

Back