Woods Back Next Weekend

Flooder

Reaction score
Handicap
SAN DIEGO -- Tiger Woods will be starting his season in San Diego.

Woods officially entered the Farmers Insurance Open on Wednesday, which has become the traditional start of his season since 2006. He has won the last five times he played Torrey Pines, including the 2008 U.S. Open in a playoff over Rocco Mediate.

The Farmers Insurance Open runs Jan. 27-30.

Woods has not played the PGA Tour stop at Torrey Pines the last two years, missing in 2009 while recovering from knee surgery and last year while dealing with personal problems related to his extramarital affairs.

Woods, who lost his No. 1 ranking to Lee Westwood last year, has not won since the Australian Masters in November 2009.

"I've been working hard on my game, it's game time hooah!!" Woods said in a Twitter posting.

good, I hope he is ready to play this year

I think he will be really strong this year.... Its always more interesting when he is

Going in San Diego...Give us your best Ron Burgundy quote to sum this one up.

I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal

The real question is do we pick him for our fantasy team? I don't know if he is back to his winning ways, but surely he is good for making the cut.

haha "People know me"

exceited to see Tiger back in action. I'm sure he'll have quite a following at the tournament.

Do we have to be burgundy for this? Id like to go with Fantana.

I'll give this little cookie an hour before we're doing the no-pants dance. Time to musk up.

Last edited:
Ron Burgundy: Mmm. San Diego. Drink it in, it always goes down smooth. Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means "a whale's vagina".
Veronica Corningstone: No, there's no way that's correct.
Ron Burgundy: I'm sorry, I was trying to impress you. I don't know what it means. I'll be honest, I don't think anyone knows what it means anymore. Scholars maintain that the translation was lost hundreds of years ago.
Veronica Corningstone: Doesn't it mean "Saint Diego"?
Ron Burgundy: No. No.
Veronica Corningstone: No, that's--that's what it means. Really.
Ron Burgundy: Well. Agree to disagree.

Do we have to be burgundy for this? Id like to go with Fantana.

I'll give this little cookie an hour before we're doing the no-pants dance. Time to musk up.

San Diego?

60% of the time this works every time!

Looks like this is one less pick I need to make for fantasy golf!

Ron Burgundy: Mmm. San Diego. Drink it in, it always goes down smooth. Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means "a whale's vagina".
Veronica Corningstone: No, there's no way that's correct.
Ron Burgundy: I'm sorry, I was trying to impress you. I don't know what it means. I'll be honest, I don't think anyone knows what it means anymore. Scholars maintain that the translation was lost hundreds of years ago.
Veronica Corningstone: Doesn't it mean "Saint Diego"?
Ron Burgundy: No. No.
Veronica Corningstone: No, that's--that's what it means. Really.
Ron Burgundy: Well. Agree to disagree.

Is it possible to scold the site owner for getting off topic?!? :devil:

Is it possible to scold the site owner for getting off topic?!? :devil:

Off Topic? Its about San Diego and TW making his return there. :act-up: A history lesson of what San Diego means. I mean we do have two tournaments actually going on right now.

I have many leather bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Dare I say, best movie EVER! :D Ok, back on topic.

I like this move for TW. Starting early and hopefully getting on track.

I hope he can get back to what he did best at golf. His speech could end with "Stay classy San Diego"

Off Topic? Its about San Diego and TW making his return there. :act-up: A history lesson of what San Diego means. I mean we do have two tournaments actually going on right now.

Yeah, I was just joking/ball-busting. :D

Ron Burgundy: Thanks for watching Channel 4 News. You stay classy, San Diego. I'm Ron Burgundy?
Ed Harken: Damn it, who typed a question mark on the teleprompter? For the last time, anything you type, Burgundy will read!

I don't know if his golf will be in order, but thanks to GG we know he will be in shape.

I think its super safe to say I know one of JBs top 5 movies...
Ron Burgundy: Thanks for watching Channel 4 News. You stay classy, San Diego. I'm Ron Burgundy?
Ed Harken: Damn it, who typed a question mark on the teleprompter? For the last time, anything you type, Burgundy will read!

Figured I had better update my avvy for the occasion. It's quite a polarizing topic really, everyone is all over the map as to their predictions on the season he'll have, people think he's going to start playing like Westwood and choking on grass for 18 holes on a Sunday and other people think he's going to come back better than ever....I tend to think he'll be good, maybe not the best TW we've ever seen, but better than most. :wink:

I'm Tiger Woods?

Dammit. Who typed a question mark on the Teleprompter?

Reactions: JB
Back